• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 75% more chastising OP's title

dreamfall

Do we know exactly what outfits are being delivered in the Season Pass? I'm holding out on it, but that's also because I don't know what content is being delivered. I want that Sparrowhawk outfit, but is that not included?

Wish they'd let us know!

Lima

Do we know exactly what outfits are being delivered in the Season Pass? I'm holding out on it, but that's also because I don't know what content is being delivered. I want that Sparrowhawk outfit, but is that not included?

Wish they'd let us know!

I'm gonna go ahead and bet some money that we will get all of the pre order bonus outfits so that would include the Sparrowhawk.

IbukiLordSA

This is such an amazing game, Uncharted 2 has now been dethroned by this for my best in this genre. It's just incredible and I am loving every moment of it.

Have no idea what people are complaining about with all this input lag because I have had no issue with aiming and killing groups of enemies whether it is through stealth or them just swarming me from being spotted. Combat is fun and satisfying and have zero issue with anything lag wise.

Every step you take it seems like there is something to explore, it's just great fun, having to remember where to come back to because you didn't have the tools to get through, reading and learning new languages so you can later learn about new secrets scattered around, stumbling across caves and tombs, it all just adds to the excitement of adventure.

Really enjoying this game, it's pretty much perfect, there isn't much I could change without sitting here and getting petty. Overall it's just fantastic, a shame about the console exclusivity for now, more people should get a change to experience this masterpiece of gaming.

leng jai

This is such an amazing game, Uncharted 2 has now been dethroned by this for my best in this genre. It's just incredible and I am loving every moment of it.

Have no idea what people are complaining about with all this input lag because I have had no issue with aiming and killing groups of enemies whether it is through stealth or them just swarming me from being spotted. Combat is fun and satisfying and have zero issue with anything lag wise.

Every step you take it seems like there is something to explore, it's just great fun, having to remember where to come back to because you didn't have the tools to get through, reading and learning new languages so you can later learn about new secrets scattered around, stumbling across caves and tombs, it all just adds to the excitement of adventure.

Really enjoying this game, it's pretty much perfect, there isn't much I could change without sitting here and getting petty. Overall it's just fantastic, a shame about the console exclusivity for now, more people should get a change to experience this masterpiece of gaming.

Aside from input lag this has better gameplay than the Uncharted games. Even the set pieces are pretty good. It's the characters and cutscenes where it's not even close. I'm glad the game can be had in the same conversation though.

Impulsor

I got a bugged supply cache. Because I died in the process of getting it, let me explain.

Kinda spoilers on location but nothing else:
In the geothermal valley village, where the well is, there is a secondary quest to get some supplies to get a couple of watch towers done. Once the watch towers are done you get access to the stone tower above the well, since now you can shoot a rope between the watch tower and the stone tower, yo cross the gp and once inside you need explosive arrows to open the window and continue climbing.

Once you are up there, you have to cut a rope for the supply to drop. Well, I cut the rope, messed up, and jumped and died.

The cache is now hanging in mid air with no rope to be cut, I cannot collect it.

¬¬

Seriously. I get that this cache will have to be collected for a trophy or something too.

TheYanger

I got a bugged supply cache. Because I died in the process of getting it, let me explain.

Kinda spoilers on location but nothing else:
In the geothermal valley village, where the well is, there is a secondary quest to get some supplies to get a couple of watch towers done. Once the watch towers are done you get access to the stone tower above the well, since now you can shoot a rope between the watch tower and the stone tower, yo cross the gp and once inside you need explosive arrows to open the window and continue climbing.

Once you are up there, you have to cut a rope for the supply to drop. Well, I cut the rope, messed up, and jumped and died.

The cache is now hanging in mid air with no rope to be cut, I cannot collect it.

¬¬

Seriously. I get that this cache will have to be collected for a trophy or something too.

Fairly sure the one you're talking about doesn't count for anything.

Impulsor

Fairly sure the one you're talking about doesn't count for anything.

Nice to know. Thanks.

Otherwise, this game is my personal GOTY, so far, hooked me from the start. Stellar acting, stellar animations, beautiful locations, a joy to explore and the gameplay is just a treat.

Put down Fall Out 4 for this.

Wait, wouldn't it affect No Stone Unturned achievement? Which basicly means achieve 100% game completion?

TheKeyPit

Banned
^Are you sure it's not just a simple loot box with some crafting-supplies?

------

I'm trying to do different stuff when encountering enemies:(gif)
rofttry6s94.gif

I did the exact same thing tonight with the exact same result. I died thinking I could jump onto the little jutting Assassin's-Creed-Sync-Point covered in cloth, but it wouldn't take so I went squish below. When I respawned and ran back to that tower, well there's the container, but now its floating three stories up there in the air, with no way for me to open it.

Jumeira

Banned
Yeah, im getting the same feeling that this will top Uncharted 2. What i really like is that it has the Uncharted balls to the wall action, but theres much much more freedom to the world and to the platforming. Its open ended and linear when it needs to be.

Loving it so far, there just so much to do in these hubs. Pacing is good so far.

Yeah, im getting the same feeling that this will top Uncharted 2. What i really like is that it has the Uncharted balls to the wall action, but theres much much more freedom to the world and to the platforming. Its open ended and linear when it needs to be.

Loving it so far, there just so much to do in these hubs. Pacing is good so far.

you mean it will top Uncharted 4? Cause it's definitely better than 2

Impulsor

you mean it will top Uncharted 4? Cause it's definitely better than 2

It topped the entire Uncharted seires for me already. I enjoyed the reboot more than any other uncharted game already. This one just blew them all out of the water for me.

I cannot imagine what would uncharted 4 have to do to end up being better in my mind, excluding graphics of course.

I'll just enjoy both series. It's my favourite type of genre too, adventure games FTW.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm enjoying my time with this substantially more than my time with Fallout 4. They're not comparable, I know, but this being such a fantastic game compared to 2013 is such a pleasant surprise.

Uncharted 2 is still the top for these kind of survival games but this is a close second. Fantastic game. Might end up being my game of the year. I fear this game might have been a bit lost releasing on the same day as Fallout 4 as that ended up being the game with the most hype going into release day.

I am not really a fan of the random NPC quests that I come across. I feel like they are unnecessary distractions. Of course, it's really hard to complain about them because they are optional, it's more of a completion thing.

Fletcher

Started this a few days ago and really enjoying it. Game looks gorgeous and probably the best game I've seen this generation, yet.

Grisby

So I explored all of the tombs yet I can't complete the ancient secrets quest. Anyone know whats up?

Also, I got the skill to get chromatic ore, but do I have to look for it in a certain spot? Just keep getting regular ore.

Rambaldi

I beat it last night and I'm in love. I really enjoyed the 2013 game too. I'm gonna go back and finish off collecting, etc. I hope more people play it.

Forsythia

I really loving this game so far, but goddamn I hate snow environments in games. So fucking boring. I know it's not all snow, and CD did a good job to make the environments interesting nonetheless, but bloody hell, I don't want to see any snow in any game in the next 10 years.

I really loving this game so far, but goddamn I hate snow environments in games. So fucking boring. I know it's not all snow, and CD did a good job to make the environments interesting nonetheless, but bloody hell, I don't want to see any snow in any game in the next 10 years.

You'll like the second major hub better I think.

Ninjimbo

The last few hours have been pretty awesome in this game. I just got
the Greek Fire
so I can't wait to wreck fools with this. I'm really digging this last hub area too. I like the look of it and the idea behind it. Props to the art team for pulling all it off.

By the way, with all of the news behind its poor performance at retail, I can't shake the feeling that a bunch of people wanted this game to fail. It kind of bums me out because this game is really damn good and deserves to be experienced.

TheYanger

The last few hours have been pretty awesome in this game. I just got
the Greek Fire
so I can't wait to wreck fools with this. I'm really digging this last hub area too. I like the look of it and the idea behind it. Props to the art team for pulling all it off.

By the way, with all of the news behind its poor performance at retail, I can't shake the feeling that a bunch of people wanted this game to fail. It kind of bums me out because this game is really damn good and deserves to be experienced.

I mean, are you surprised?

Agree with you on all points. It overtook uc2 for me as the pinnacle of the genre.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Same. I'm loving everything about this game. Still taking my time and exploring thoroughly, so I'm still in the Soviet Installation. I quit after doing the third tomb there last night.

I enjoy this series more than Uncharted (though I love those games too), because there's more emphasis on exploration and their are meaningful collectibles (i.e. that enhance the story, help level up weapons, learn new skills etc.).

Toa TAK

Banned
Does anyone know what the last document is called under "Soviet Power" in the documents section? I'm having trouble finding it.

JonnyKong

I'm starting to notice some weird glitches in fight scenes where I could be shooting a guy and then he will just completely disappear into thin air mid fight, as if he's gone to the rapture or something.

Zeta Oni

Lol there's a random hidden bench in the Geothermal valley that lara will interact with and just sit there. Good for photos, since it's overlooking the water.

Top Bottom