• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rival guild crashes WoW funeral (video!)

Ponn01 said:
Well, though i'm not an advocate of it, I can see it and won't make fun of the people like most would. You do make friends in these games, and they are real people. Most good guilds become really good friends, just like you get to know people here on GAF even though you might not know 90 percent of the people in RL. You would still feel bad if someone you knew here died though and though this only a message board a "memorial" thread might be made where people could leave there condolences. Now, you wouldn't think that was strange would you? So hence if WoW is the medium where these people became friends and they are all over the world and may not be able to be physically there at his real funeral, they are paying their respects throught the medium they became friends on.

yes you do make friends but why could they have not just have had a private chat or something? The rival guild wants thero honour points or whatever the fuck it is...they pay the monthly fee too.

Yes i would feel bad if someone i knew on Gaf died but i really dont think GAF would stop posting video gaming news or other OT news for a moment of silence. Just a nice farewell thread maybe.

Ramirez said:
Not really,as Ronok said,this isn't some imaginary person,they knew her for a good amount of time obviously,probably chatted on vent,etc. It's no different than what you do here every day,and as he said,if someone that you liked here died,would posting in a memorial thread be any different?No.

If GAF had world PVP capabilities, then that would have made sense. They didn't show up and raz the funeral. That would have been shitty.

They killed the opposing faction. GG.

DarienA said:
Knowing nothing about this MMO's am I understand that this is what I saw? (I turned it off at the 5:21 mark).

Folks were standing in line to step up to the water to pay their respects. In addition someone had logged in as the dead persons character and had it standing near the water.

This other group shows up, kills the dead persons character and then attacks everyone waiting in line.

Is that what happened?

Pretty much.

While the thought of having an online funeral for her is a bit on the cheesy side, it still sucks that the rival guild came in to disrupt it. A real life death is something that should be respected imo, and I'm sure there were people in the guild that were grieving to some degree over their lost friend.

If you've ever been in an online guild/clan, and gotten to know people through it, it can be sad when something like this happens. You know that person, and you become friends, even if you've never met in real life. It happens. It's a sign of the times. This was a sad display, and for one night, they could have called a truce. Or at least wait to slaughter each other after the funeral is over.

Snaku

Banned
DarienA said:
This other group shows up, kills the dead persons character and then attacks everyone waiting in line.

rickjames8jg.jpg

That was cooooold blooooooded!

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Well I agree that it's messed up what they did (see original post) but the video's still hilarious, the music totally makes it. I lawld.

And cry me a river all you "OLD!" guys, I searched. People here obviously haven't seen it.

Oh the best part is the people from the enemy guild waiting in line. I bet the people just thought they were there to pay their respects too...NOPE.

SiliconBean

Note to potential employers: mainlines heroin
Like I said that was a very sick and wrong move. Those ppl knew that girl and had a relationship with her. No matter it be digital or in the flesh and they messed up her friends (even if online only) way of showing that they will miss her.

And stop acting like they were taking it to far with the funeral because I know people who would say your taking it too far by posting on a message board dedicated to gaming.

Ramirez

They killed the opposing faction. GG.

"Yo I got my honor points dawg,who gives a fuck if someone died IRL,I'm hitting Rank 10 next week!"

Give me a fucking break,all this video shows is the complete and utter dipshits that inhabit PVP servers,has nothing to do with them simply killing the opposing faction for honor,they knew the situation and just wanted to be douchebags.

Kung Fu Jedi said:
A real life death is something that should be respected imo,

yes it should have been respected not made a spectacle off in just a video game. If you want to show your respect send flowers or something. If you founf out she had dies chances you can get her mailing address. Maybe they could have just had thread in the msg board they post?

Ramirez said:
"Yo I got my honor points dawg,who gives a fuck if someone died IRL,I'm hitting Rank 10 next week!"

Give me a fucking break,all this video shows is the complete and utter dipshits that inhabit PVP servers,has nothing to do with them simply killing the opposing faction for honor,they knew the situation and just wanted to be douchebags.

And I ask again, couldn't the funeral have been done on a non pvp server?

Ramirez said:

Anytime I find out about a line of Horde standing out in the open, they are free HK. It has nothing to do with razzing a funeral. They announced that they would be there and when. They opened it up to a very nice World PVP event IMO. Next time they should keep it internal.

Again, good game.

wow that is so sad. so sad that people are that damn addicted to online RPGs that they have funerals in it as if it's their real life.
some of you think it's sad cuz they crashed the funeral??? come on it's way more worrying that there would be a funeral in the game in the first place!
the game could have funerals for someone that died in the game for example.. but bringing your real life into the game just shows that some people that play these types of games basically have no real life.

Ramirez said:

you could easily say that the other guild was not really mourning they were just out to get together and create an "event" in order to feel important using the persons death as just an excuse.

maybe?

eitherway it was stupid thing to do, attention whorish even. Also they should have not posted the funeral place and time if they didnt wanna get ambushed.

Grifter

krypt0nian said:
Anytime I find out about a line of Horde standing out in the open, they are free HK. It has nothing to do with razzing a funeral. They announced that they would be there and when. They opened it up to a very nice World PVP event IMO. Next time they should keep it internal.

Again, good game.

yea, i bet her guild TOTALLY thought announcing it would draw respectful attendance from both factions. laugh out loud!

Ramirez

LoL,I'm trying to figure out how posting on a videogame message board every day is anymore stupid than this honestly,omg they have no life! *Goes back to arguing over videogames*

el oh el.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
C4Lukins said:
If I died in real life, and my guild decided to hold an online funeral for me, I would hope that another guild would come along and slaughter them all.

Totally agree.

Sure it looks like these guys did it just to be douchebags, but the more i think about it the more i think that a big fight is a much more fitting send off in WoW then an ingame funeral. Celebrate the life and all that Jazz.

If i ever die (not planning on it), i want you all to jump into Halo 2 and use every cheat and exploit you can think off to screw eachother over...in my honor.

Ferrio

Banned
Last year one of our most cherished guild members died in a car crash, he was 20 I think. Was such a great and nice guy, the guild was pretty inactive for a month.

Those fuckers can go to hell.

lolz pwned.

Games aren't real life, I've always thought this kinda stuff retarded and its being going on for a good decade now

Ronok

wow that is so sad. so sad that people are that damn addicted to online RPGs that they have funerals in it as if it's their real life.
some of you think it's sad cuz they crashed the funeral??? come on it's way more worrying that there would be a funeral in the game in the first place!
the game could have funerals for someone that died in the game for example.. but bringing your real life into the game just shows that some people that play these types of games basically have no real life.

Wth? SO when you play in an mmorpg you are meant to sit there and be the character? How fucking boring would that be? You're gunna end up talking about real life shit that pissed you off, made you happy, etc.... with your guild just like you do on a forum! It's no fucking difference.... Now when someone who has shared that kinda thing with you DIES your gunna be sad about it! People fucking cried on the streats when Princess Diana died in a car crash and they had never even fucking spoken to her....... This is in real life so obviously it's nothing to laugh about right? What an idiot.. How can you think that you should just be all bleh about some person you've been speaking to for so long in game or out? Argh......!

Totally agree.

Sure it looks like these guys did it just to be douchebags, but the more i think about it the more i think that a big fight is a much more fitting send off in WoW then an ingame funeral. Celebrate the life and all that Jazz.

If i ever die (not planning on it), i want you all to jump into Halo 2 and use every cheat and exploit you can think off to screw eachother over...in my honor.

Apart from it was a big fight seeing as the people attending the funeral weren't geared for such a thing... I'm pretty sure they were wearing shitty armour to look the part.

It was just some retarded guild wanted to get some cheap points....... They are obviously as emotionally retarded as many people on gaf.

I know it's wrong, and it's pretty cool of that person's guild to hold a memorial for her but the build up to that invasion in the video was hilarious. Footage of the guild paying respects with classical music interspersed with footage of the invaders running to the spot with rock music in the background. :lol

Tellaerin

metropolis said:

No, it shows that this person had made many friends online who were scattered across the country and couldn't attend a real-world funeral (not everybody can up and hop a plane to wherever at the drop of a hat), but still wanted to pay their respects. So they decided to arrange a service in a virtual space where everyone could attend, an online game that the deceased had been passionate about in life.

What's sad is the number of socially-retarded fucktards in this thread who thought what happened was hysterical and feel the people involved deserve to be mocked. Grow the fuck up, guys.

{Mike}

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
SHE. It was a female. And she died from a STROKE. I don't think it was an elder person, so I'm assuming the lady was overweight and spent all her time playing it, letting her heart get weaker every day. But that's just my blind assumption.

Quiet, don't tell the truth.

xaosslug

Though I don't condone Serenity's actions... I'm amazed at how well-executed that was. WTF is wrong with those other players in that why couldn't they react and better counter Serenity's attack? Damn.

That's the first time a WoW video's ever made me consider playing the game. :p

Thaedolus

Gold Member
xaosslug said:
Though I don't condone Serenity's actions... I'm amazed at how well-executed that was. WTF is wrong with those other players in that why couldn't they react and better counter Serenity's attack? Damn.

That's the first time a WoW video's ever made me consider playing the game. :p

Like someone mentioned above, they probably put on their Sunday best, so they weren't geared up for a fight. Also, the element of surprise obviously plays a role in that the attacking guild was able to get off a bunch of huge AOE attacks before anyone realized WTF was happening. Honestly, I think a sneak attack in any other situation would have been just as funny but...the context of this makes it all the more shocking and f'ed up, and, well, amusing.

Yeah, the girl died. That's sad, and her WoW friends did a nice tribute. But the fact is, it was still in a video game, and the fact that some other guys decided to spoil it (IN A VIDEO GAME!) shouldn't upset anyone to such a degree. Immature. Selfish. But that's life, cry me a river.

TheDuce22

Banned
Like the guy above mentioned, whoever has the best gear wins in that shitty game. They probably werent expecting a fight. :)

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I think the only thing which could have made the video funnier/better would be the FF victory theme kicking in as the group high-tailed it outta there.

MrDaravon

Thaedolus said:
Like someone mentioned above, they probably put on their Sunday best, so they weren't geared up for a fight. Also, the element of surprise obviously plays a role in that the attacking guild was able to get off a bunch of huge AOE attacks before anyone realized WTF was happening. Honestly, I think a sneak attack in any other situation would have been just as funny but...the context of this makes it all the more shocking and f'ed up, and, well, amusing.

Yeah, the girl died. That's sad, and her WoW friends did a nice tribute. But the fact is, it was still in a video game, and the fact that some other guys decided to spoil it (IN A VIDEO GAME!) shouldn't upset anyone to such a degree. Immature. Selfish. But that's life, cry me a river.

QFT. It's fucked up the other guys crashed the funeral, but what in the hell where they expecting to happen by posting it publicly? It's a mishmash of good intentions and stupidity going on here.

Ronok

Or maybe they wanted to tell any of her friends who didn't know and weren't in her guild? :eek: >.> FFS maybe they just assumed that people would be fucking idiots about it? Maybe they expected people to respect the fact that someone has died IRL!

TBH if this guild can't respect such a thing then it is them who are too addicted to the game..... Any possible way to get ahead in the only place they can possible get ahead of someone they will take it cause obviously they don't know shit about the real world.

qcf x2

I can't decide whether it's funny or pathetic. On one hand, a lack of strategy in a game called WARcraft is asking for it.

On the other hand, you have a group of people who not only conspired together, who not only had people record this, but who apparently did it all out of spite towards the dead woman.

Utterly disgusting.

So I guess it's both, but more pathetic/disgusting than funny.

Fularu

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
you could easily say that the other guild was not really mourning they were just out to get together and create an "event" in order to feel important using the persons death as just an excuse.

maybe?

eitherway it was stupid thing to do, attention whorish even. Also they should have not posted the funeral place and time if they didnt wanna get ambushed.

It was posted so that people from both the horde and the alliance could come, because she had friends in both (or so it seems)

Anyway, retarded move by the retarded boys at SN, they just showed how immature they are.
You have to see the answers they provided on the real form, pathetic

shuri

Banned
If would have been even more hilarious if a squad of asians gold farmers would have wandered just before asking "hey want epic mount sir?"

i don't get it, a group of people on a PVP server of a MMO got ripped apart at their weakest moment... isn't that a brilliantly strategic move?

i understand why the people who knew the person that died would be upset, but why should that in any way stop the strategy of an opposing clan to take them out?

i mean after all, it's a videogame based on such things like... fighting opposing clans... maybe they should pay their respects somewhere without killing like IRC or habbo hotel???

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Awesome. I don't even play WoW, but I have enough friends drilling it into my head.
They should crash some of those stupid WoW weddings I hear about.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
As much as those people destroying everything were assholes, the people who arranged the whole "ceremony" should've planned it better, as to avoid this kind of thing happening as much as possible. I mean, they play an online game, probably a lot...surely they must've met assholes on the internet before? I think it's naive of them to assume that absolutely nothing would ruin their "ceremony" in a very popular online game with thousands of players.

etiolate

Banned
I'm more offended that they thought that was real PVP or PVP skill. Ganking a funeral, omg I'm soo good. WoW players lose again.

Top Bottom