• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riviera ~ The Promised Land

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
About how long is this game? I've been playing a mix of this and FE:TSS on lunch break, currently up to 2-9. It's not bad (I like the artwork and music a lot) but man I suck at the parts where you need to input the button sequences :p

AniHawk

djtiesto said:
About how long is this game? I've been playing a mix of this and FE:TSS on lunch break, currently up to 2-9. It's not bad (I like the artwork and music a lot) but man I suck at the parts where you need to input the button sequences :p

pretty much 20-25 hours

number386

Got this with Meteos several days ago, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The dual GBA/DS game slot on the DS is awesome I keep them both in the slots and switch between games seemlessly. The story although a bit generic, is bolstered by the art style, and it's dialugue which sometimes I find humorous. The battle system is new twist, but the slow pace of it puts me in a lull. The shenmue/ RE4 type QTB is a nice touch too, so far I'm likeing it, I think it was worth the $30.

john tv

I picked this up the other day, but so far I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's got some interesting conventions, but it's way too linear (so far at least, midway through chapter 2), and the fights drag on for way too long. I feel like I'm compelled to keep moving forward, but I don't feel like I'm enjoying it.

22 hours seems like a long time for this kind of repetitiveness...

Tarazet

echoshifting said:
I was going to go for FE:SS myself until I saw how quickly Riviera is going scary rare.

No kidding.. I just sold my copy for $70, and it came out less than a month ago.

Tarazet

Gameexpress.com still has it in stock for $26.99. If you want it, this might be your last chance before Ebay, and with all the forgeries out there...

sonarrat said:
Gameexpress.com still has it in stock for $26.99. If you want it, this might be your last chance before Ebay, and with all the forgeries out there...

That's where I got mine, and it was the only place anywhere - e-bay, amazon, etc. - that I could still find it for a reasonable price.

My luck? They'll e-mail me in a day or two to let me know they ran out before they could ship my order. =/

demi

john tv said:
I picked this up the other day, but so far I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's got some interesting conventions, but it's way too linear (so far at least, midway through chapter 2), and the fights drag on for way too long. I feel like I'm compelled to keep moving forward, but I don't feel like I'm enjoying it.

22 hours seems like a long time for this kind of repetitiveness...

Stop. It doesn't really get very climatic. It essentially *is* the same thing over and over.

Madame M

Banned
What a joke. Do I honestly have to get this game tomorrow when it came out not a fucking month ago?

This better mean Riviera was a good move for Atlus. PLEASE DON'T DIE ATLUS.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
So, just started playing, got some questions: is it possible to choose to target your enemy? maybe I'm overseeing something, but it seems my characters decide for me who to hit/shoot.

Ironclad

Rei_Toei said:
So, just started playing, got some questions: is it possible to choose to target your enemy? maybe I'm overseeing something, but it seems my characters decide for me who to hit/shoot.
It depends on the weapons you have equipped.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I'm getting a whole ogre battle vibe from this game so far, not sure why. I guess its just the grid system and abstract battle controls.

the item limitations (especially the overall item limit of 20 or whatever) is beyond irritating.

The game itself is alright, but I like the battle system. I'm enjoying the game, but its just sorta taunting me with how much I could be orgasming over a new ogre battle game if they were to fucking make one already.

MrDaravon

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's already been posted, but Atlus put out a 2nd shipment on the 4th (I believe). It's actually on the main page of atlus.com.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The game saw a very small initial print run, and quickly sold out. eBay prices peaked, I believe, around $70 for a new copy little more than a month after it was released! Thank g-d for a second run. I imagine it means that Atlus met their initial expectations, are pleased with the results, and might consider localizing even more obscure JPRGs in the future. Bless them.

Top Bottom