• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roberto Gomez Bolaños (a.k.a. El Chavo) dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To honor Chapulin Colorado....

06rotp8.jpg

This is amazing.

May he rest in peace. I grew up watching El Chavo and the clips on youtube still make me laugh :(

celsowmbr

Banned
1510661_10152376703181114_8590979546136527293_n.jpg

Vocês não fizeram parte só da nossa infância, vocês fazem parte do nosso caráter ! Obrigado !

No sólo eran parte de nuestra infancia, usted es parte de nuestro carácter ! Gracias !

You were not part only of our childhood, you are part of our character! Thank you !

BDGAME

1510661_10152376703181114_8590979546136527293_n.jpg

Vocês não fizeram parte só da nossa infância, vocês fazem parte do nosso caráter ! Obrigado !

No sólo eran parte de nuestra infancia, usted es parte de nuestro carácter ! Gracias !

You were not part only of our childhood, you are part of our character! Thank you !

Amazing!

Xena

Another Brazilian here representing...
I had an amazing childhood and I'm glad Chaves and Chapolin were a part of it. Saudades!

Descance em paz!

Platy

Yup, El Chaves was BIG in Brazil, bigger than anywhere in L.A. i guess the brazilian people are going to be even sadder.

Platy, pls respond. Are u ok?

Yeah .. once we had that discussion and Mexico is the only place where Chavo was bigger than Brazil.
One tv station actualy had to STOP an El Chavo airing to give the news about his death.

I am kinda sad ... but not THAT much because ... well ... he was not that active and was really old, so it is not Robin Williams tragic.

And I am a Chapulin person

El Chavo is popular here in Puerto Rico. There's this segment called "La Hora Del Chavo" that has I think and Ex Miss Mundo or something like tharm a beautiful young lady hosting, there's 2 episodes daily and they show the pictures the kids take and how dress up for Halloween. There's also a restaurant called "la vecindad del chavo" So kids can go and take Pictures and stuff.

=(

smurfx

get some go again
look like they are holding the memorial service at estadio azteca. the entire lower bowl seems full so there might be 40-50 thousand people there.

DD

"Todo mi amor para Brasil" was his last twit. Thank you, Roberto. We REALLY love you here. Rest in peace, legend. :-(

Ifrit

I'm still sad about his passing, Chespirito is such a comedy legend around here in Latin America, there are still reruns of his shows for 40+ years since they began in pretty much every country in south and central america.

He will be missed

Thanks for all the laughs

RIP

Roo

What a coincidence he died right when things are so heated against the Mexican Government.
I know the man was sick and has nothing to do with this but I find it funny in a twisted way the timing was almost too perfect to divert attention away from the whole Ayotzinapa/Peña Nieto case.

mantidor

Urgh my brother is ruining my day with his "Roberto Gomez was a bad man!" Facebook posts. While far from being a perfect human being people's criticism just fall flat, but they keep on going.

Some people are so joyless.

mantidor

But the thing is that he wasn't a bad person! Made some mistakes, but it's not like he genuinely messed up with people, even Maria Antonieta de las Nieves and Carlos Villagran expressed their appreciation for him and they had their quarrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom