• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robin Appears in Arkham City...

shaowebb

Ranking of Robin's
  1. Tim Drake
  2. Dick Grayson
  3. Jason Todd
  4. Damian Wayne

Tim Drake was like another brooding Batman and had the skills of Oracle on hacking. Friggin perfect design on his outfit too during his status as Robin. If it's him and a similar look I'll love it. If it's Red Robin Tim Drake I'll have it tattooed to my next game controller just for that game.

Dick Grayson had daddy issues, teen anger and hot pants but at least he made a decent showing of it once he got past the "pun years."

Jason Todd sucked and was a smarmy cunt but I at least enjoyed his tendency to go too far that eventually led to a great character evolution into The Red Hood. (Legitimate top tier character now in the Batman Universe IMO)

Damian Wayne is an underaged smarmy cunt who doesn't make a decent showing of anything, has a dumb hoodie, and keeps mouthing off with angst and having faux love interests even though he is severely underaged. I'm hoping he gets killed by someone so lame he is never used again.

Chinner

Banned
I hope it's this Robin.
mlZLi.jpg

I would like to see the "hooded" design for Robin. It was going to be used in All-Star Batman but was then scraped for the more traditional look. I like the idea of his character tailored after Robin Hood, rather then the actual bird.

tumblr_licl906vPN1qgmihpo1_500.jpg

Dacon

Banned
Green Scar said:
I prefer Nightwing. Mainly because he's proof that the Batman/sidekick relationship shouldn't work, and works better when they end up going their seperate ways. The best Robin was the one from DKR anyways

Um, no he isn't. He's proof that eventually kids outgrow a dependency on their parents and have to go their own way eventually.

Tim Drake and Bruce were a crazy good tag team. Tim is the best robin ever imo, he was tactical and well trained. Unlike Dick he knows how to analyze the shit out of an encounter and he's really effective in a fight. You know, when he's not staring at Cassie's ass.

Dacon

Banned
Hellion said:
Batman is always better working Solo.

Shit Nightwing > Robin

I respect your opinion but strongly disagree. Some of the best Batman stories ever written involve the bat family.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I just want to play as Batman of the Future / Batman Beyond.

In fact, fuck it, I want an entire game based around him from Rocksteady.

Batman: TAS > Batman Beyond

Dacon said:
Um, no he isn't. He's proof that eventually kids outgrow a dependency on their parents and have to go their own way eventually.

Tim Drake and Bruce were a crazy good tag team. Tim is the best robin ever imo, he was tactical and well trained. Unlike Dick he knows how to analyze the shit out of an encounter and he's really effective in a fight. You know, when he's not staring at Cassie's ass.

I'm not crazy familiar with Tim Drake, excuse my ignorance and so forth. I understand the parent analogy, but I still think Batman works better alone. The family offers some interesting crime fighting scenarios for sure, and Batman certainly can operate in a team as well as he can alone, but IDK, I prefer him solo.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
shadyspace said:
lol wut? There are still people that hate on Robin? Have any of you read a comic in the last 30 years?
You know the answer to that question.

Funny thing is a lot of these people would love Tim Drake. That kid broods way the hell more than Bruce ever did.

D3adend

Neo Member
This thread is full of assholes who don't read comics or know shit about Batman.

shaowebb, how did you forget Stephanie's short stint as Robin that involved her being fake-killed?!

I think Damian would be the best fit for AA, as he is a tiny little Assassin who has to remember that his father isn't cool with killing. He is brutally violent, having taken a crobar to Joker's head while in Police custody, decapitated a dude and defused a nuclear bomb. He also tends to use hand to hand combat.

Dick uses his tonfas heavily, which would be cool, but he isn't one for being sneaky and tends to be happy and is Nice.

Jason Todd likes shooting things now.

Tim uses a staff as his weapon and is a Detective first and beater of heads, second. He has been Robin in comics for almost 20 years now.

But I want to play as an overly violent Tween.

But it's just a Robin skin.. so it's going to be Dick so he can use all the existing animations.

Dacon

Banned
Green Scar said:
I'm not crazy familiar with Tim Drake, excuse my ignorance and so forth. I understand the parent analogy, but I still think Batman works better alone. The family offers some interesting crime fighting scenarios for sure, and Batman certainly can operate in a team as well as he can alone, but IDK, I prefer him solo.

Well a lot of Bruce's bigtime achievements are because he has such a reliable team.

Also, Nightwing was still Bats sidekick
for some time, just less often than he was as Robin.

D3adend said:
This thread is full of assholes who don't read comics or know shit about Batman.

shaowebb, how did you forget Stephanie's short stint as Robin that involved her being fake-killed?!

I think Damian would be the best fit for AA, as he is a tiny little Assassin who has to remember that his father isn't cool with killing. He is brutally violent, having taken a crobar to Joker's head while in Police custody, decapitated a dude and defused a nuclear bomb. He also tends to use hand to hand combat.

Dick uses his tonfas heavily, which would be cool, but he isn't one for being sneaky and tends to be happy and is Nice.

Jason Todd likes shooting things now.

Tim uses a staff as his weapon and is a Detective first and beater of heads, second. He has been Robin in comics for almost 20 years now.

But I want to play as an overly violent Tween.

But it's just a Robin skin.. so it's going to be Dick so he can use all the existing animations.

I'd love to play as the Red Hood, not Morrison's design though. I prefer the biker jacket and the red chrome helmet.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Green Scar said:
I'm a bandwagon Batman fan. Films, games, TV show, but only occasionally the comics. :lol
And those forms of media have been unkind to Robin over the years. Add on to that you have Nolan and Bale saying how awful Robin is (while describing the '60s Robin) and it's just been one big disservice to the character.

TP

Only two challenge maps and it's not platform exclusive. Yeah, this is going to end up as DLC.
I'll wait.

Dead

well not really...yet
shadyspace said:
lol wut? There are still people that hate on Robin? Have any of you read a comic in the last 30 years?
Nolan fans - Hate robin

Batman fans - Like Robin

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
KibblesBits said:
Lots of overreaction and whining about something that's optional.

Yeah I have the optional to not buy it at Best Buy and get less content for the same price. Man I fucking love options!

Pau

Hope it's Tim even though I appear to be in the minority and like all the Robins. But I'd much prefer being able to play as Cassandra.

For those who hate the Robin character: I understand the appeal of stories that feature Bruce working alone, but I always thought character-wise it worked so well that someone who put so much importance on his parents was able to grow by becoming a parent himself.

Dead said:
Nolan fans - Hate robin

Batman fans - Like Robin
I'm a Nolan fan and I like Robin. : |

D3adend said:
Answered your own question. She was a Robin as much as Huntress was a Batgirl.

Dacon

Banned
Crewnh said:
Answered your own question. She was a Robin as much as Huntress was a Batgirl.

It's funny you say that because this game reminds me heavily of No Mans Land.

It'd be appropriate to include Cassie as a challenge room character.

ReiGun

As much as I would love to play as Robin, I really don't wanna go to best buy. :/

Also, Red Robin is best robin.

Didn't Arkham Asylum eventually have it's preorder challenge maps available for download?

I can see Arkham City doing that, similar to how LA Noire did it's preorder cases.

Ketch

Maybe it's just me but does the wording for that add seam ridiculous to anyone else?

Exclusively at Best Buy electronic stores if you buy the video game Batman Arkham City you will then be able to play as Robin in two gameplay environments limited to challenge mode only.

Chamber said:
Nightwing > Batman

Dick Grayson and Damien Wayne made for the best Batman book in years.
Glad to hear Batman & Robin was that good throughout. I liked what little I read of it. I'll pick up the complete trade set once it's cancelled for this August DC reboot (or is Morrison continuing the title but simply replacing Dick with Bruce and keeping on Damien?)

Green Scar said:

See this is where I begin to stop listening to people. I have friends that LOVE to hate on Robin, but never read comics. People base their opinions of the character on very little information. Way less than they would for virtually anything else. I never understood that.

Top Bottom