• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robin Appears in Arkham City...

TP

bangai-o said:
i dont know why people hate the retailer exclusive stuff. Does everybody actually 100% the game as it is anyway?

Obviously not everybody completes their games but I try to
But what's 100% got to do with playing as extra characters?

I bought the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum over PC because I wanted to play as the Joker and i'd like to play as Robin without having to spend more money at Besbuy.

Right now my pre order is still with Amazon. I'll put the ten dollar credit towards a PSN card and buy this when it's released as DLC.

tim1138

shadyspace said:
Glad to hear Batman & Robin was that good throughout. I liked what little I read of it. I'll pick up the complete trade set once it's cancelled for this August DC reboot (or is Morrison continuing the title but simply replacing Dick with Bruce and keeping on Damien?)

Morrison's been done with B&R since issue 16--the first three volumes of his run are already out in hardback.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
shadyspace said:
Glad to hear Batman & Robin was that good throughout. I liked what little I read of it. I'll pick up the complete trade set once it's cancelled for this August DC reboot (or is Morrison continuing the title but simply replacing Dick with Bruce and keeping on Damien?)
Yeah, Dick is going back to Nightwing. Bruce is being featured in about half a dozen Batman titles. *yawn*

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Dacon said:
Um, no he isn't. He's proof that eventually kids outgrow a dependency on their parents and have to go their own way eventually.

Tim Drake and Bruce were a crazy good tag team. Tim is the best robin ever imo, he was tactical and well trained. Unlike Dick he knows how to analyze the shit out of an encounter and he's really effective in a fight. You know, when he's not staring at Cassie's ass.

Exactly, Tim is a good mix among the bat-family. IMO, most established batman members have particular traits that make them unique.

- Dick: Leadership, wisdom and friendship.
- Babs: Tactician, knowledge and comprensive thinking.
- Cass: Commitment, physical endurance and loyalty.

And while Bruce is the "grand poobah" and can be classified almost under all those traits, Tim can be classified as well under those lines since he's been as a sidekick, a team leader and his solo run. Not to mention that at his age is already ahead of Bruce when he started jumping on roof tops for the first time.

On topic: Having more characters to play on challenge maps is awesome. I hope both Dick & Tim get into that, and even more characters would be great.

daffy

Banned
boomybestbuyps3.jpg

Never Forget.

LiK

only for the challenge maps? this reminds me that i never played the Joker challenge maps in the first game....

daffy

Banned
Kurtofan said:
Edit:I find cute that people still get mad about retailer exclusive shit, it's like what the hundredth game with it?
And they think that buying used is somehow helping the crusade. Its actually pretty sexy.
KibblesBits said:
Lots of overreaction and whining about something that's optional.
This is the Neo Gaming Age forums. Its what we do.

If this rumor is true, hopefully Amazon will do something similar. Or it'll be available for free later with the Online Pass.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I highly doubt they're going to model Robin JUST for challenge maps.

Also guess this is another Arkham game I don't want to support new. Shame, that.

Dacon

Banned
Papercuts said:
I highly doubt they're going to model Robin JUST for challenge maps.

Why would that be so difficult? I know of some really good graphic artists that can put a really good model together pretty fast. That's one person, Rocksteady has an entire team.

Papercuts

Dacon said:
Why would that be so difficult? I know of some really good graphic artists that can put a really good model together pretty fast. That's one person, Rocksteady has an entire team.

A model and corresponding moveset. I'm just saying I doubt they'd go through all that for a character only a slim chunk of the userbase would ever even see. It's easier to just give the Joker his own way of fighting for the PS3 exclusive when you already have the guy in the game, so I'll be surprised if Robin doesn't show up now.

Dacon

Banned
Papercuts said:
A model and corresponding moveset. I'm just saying I doubt they'd go through all that for a character only a slim chunk of the userbase would ever even see. It's easier to just give the Joker his own way of fighting for the PS3 exclusive when you already have the guy in the game, so I'll be surprised if Robin doesn't show up now.

You're making it sound like it's some sort of a monumental task to do so. Rocksteady could more than handle it, and a slim chunk? There's an assload of fans of the Batman cartoon and the comics that would love to have the option.

Hell, the robins, Tim, Dick, and Damian all have some pretty sizeable fanbases. Especially Tim and Dick.

Papercuts

Dacon said:
You're making it sound like it's some sort of a monumental task to do so. Rocksteady could more than handle it, and a slim chunk? There's an assload of fans of the Batman cartoon and the comics that would love to have the option.

Hell, the robins, Tim, Dick, and Damian all have some pretty sizeable fanbases. Especially Tim and Dick.

I'd say people that preorder Batman:AC from Best Buy is, in the long run, a slim chunk of the overall base that will buy from gamestop, walmart, amazon, steam, etc. If it leaked ahead of the actual reveal trailer that Catwoman was playable in a challenge room I'd say it'd heavily point to her featuring in the game is all. Not trying to make it sound like a monumental task, preorder bonuses just tend to be things that are easy to implement.

Dacon

Banned
Papercuts said:
I'd say people that preorder Batman:AC from Best Buy is, in the long run, a slim chunk of the overall base that will buy from gamestop, walmart, amazon, steam, etc. If it leaked ahead of the actual reveal trailer that Catwoman was playable in a challenge room I'd say it'd heavily point to her featuring in the game is all. Not trying to make it sound like a monumental task, preorder bonuses just tend to be things that are easy to implement.

Well. I'll be surprised if it doesn't wind up available from other sources.

The only way I want Robin in this game is if I get to beat him to death with a crowbar as The Joker.

When Robin is involved with a Batman story, I'm out

Dacon said:
Well. I'll be surprised if it doesn't wind up available from other sources.
Indeed. WB already did that with Mortal Kombat, can't see why they wouldn't try the same thing with the DLC for Arkham City.

Well, they pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. Even though Robin will be a pre-order bonus, expect to see him as DLC sometime after release, just like with Mortal Kombat.

Pre-order with selected retailers to gain exclusive early access!

Deadly

Chamber said:
Yeah, Dick is going back to Nightwing. Bruce is being featured in about half a dozen Batman titles. *yawn*
What? No more Dick as Batman? Fuck that sucks. The Dick and Damian combo was awesome.

Luthos

Htown said:
This retailer exclusive bullshit is the worst thing about this generation.
Pretty much. Skins and stuff is one thing, but games like Infamous 2 had ingame abilities as preorder bonuses, which is just bullshit.

vixlar

No Carrie Kelly mentioning makes me a sad man. But well, she hasn't born yet, if Batman is still at his 30's.

And I'm happy that Tim Drake is the chosen one.

¿Do you think this time they mention Nightwing and Azrael? I was a litlle sad that there were no biographies of those characters (and any Robin) in Arkham Asylum.

And please... Talia Al Ghul... pleaaaaaaase!!!!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
FTH said:
Oh hell yes!!!

Oh hell no!!!

New(?) boxart on Amazon

51d5RAaeLlL.jpg

Ugh, i hope not. Both look terrible.

arkham-city-packshot-431x500.jpg

I prefer something like this.

39110_batman_arkham_city.png

Labadal

I don't get it when it comes to covers these days. Usually we see a cover that looks really cool and then they gradually change and each cover gets worse and worse. Oh well, I'm still expecting this to become my GOTY.

Top Bottom