• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robin Williams dead at 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin Williams death was officially rules a sucide.

No matter how you feel, please talk to someone. There are hotlines, there are people who are willing to hear your troubles. Especially here on gaf. I'm one. Send me a PM if you need an ear. Send another gaffer you feel comfortable dialoguing with. Talk to someone.

A lot of us have love Robin Williams over the reads, and it's just another example of things on the surface aren't always what they seem underneath. As famous as he was, maybe he didnt have the right people along his side.

=*(

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/robin-wi...72256985541&cid=sm_m_main_1_20141108_35258977

Man, why'd you open this wound up again

Mr.Swag

Banned
What I hate about suicide is that maybe sometimes it might be a spur of the moment type thing, like what if Ribin had just let the idea settle for a day or two, would he have still done it?

You know how people say, "sleep on it" well suicide is the biggest case of "sleeping on it", life might suck today, but let the next 24 hours convince you as to if you want to continue experiencing anything.

What I hate about suicide is that maybe sometimes it might be a spur of the moment type thing, like what if Ribin had just let the idea settle for a day or two, would he have still done it?

You know how people say, "sleep on it" well suicide is the biggest case of "sleeping on it", life might suck today, but let the next 24 hours convince you as to if you want to continue experiencing anything.

He was on Marc Maron's podcast a few years ago and talked how he sometimes had the thought of ending his life but it would last for a second and then he'd realize how impulsive and empty that thought was.

I think with time, that second became longer and longer until it finally made the most sense to him. Tragic.

Collete

I still mourn his death every now and then. All Soul's Day was last week and I was reminded of his death all over again and made sure to give my prayers to him that day.
Religious or not, it's still something comforting to send some prayers along his way.

Sometimes depression evolves over time where a momentary suicidal thought lasts even longer.
I still have these sort of episodes where I just can't get rid of my depression even after sleeping on it a few days. I don't know how I survive sometimes, but I feel bad that he could not last those moments anymore.
I still can't believe he's gone....

Dugna

Angriest man in Brooklyn if you all have time it's one of his last movies, in it it kinda shows what he might've actually thought when he went through with it. I cried way to much over the movie...It's definitely not his best film but still....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom