• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League Championship Series - Finals this Weekend

Lunar FC

I just realized this whole bracket thing is pretty shitty.
so Northern and Flipside both have one loss this tournament (to Cosmic), and have a shot at winning it all, but if Cosmic loses once to either of them they're eliminated.

They would have to beat cosmic twice.

Grudy

so Northern and Flipside both have one loss this tournament (to Cosmic), and have a shot at winning it all, but if Cosmic loses once to either of them they're eliminated.

It's not a double elimination? I remember some old LoL tournements with double elimination where the winners of the losers bracket win the finals but are forced to play the other team again (the one from the winners bracket) right afterwards.

I think they would need to beat cosmic twice.

whoszed

Since when is EU a thing people root for? Like yeah, if there was a Finnish team I'd probably root for them but... I don't how people care about this NA vs EU thing. It seems ridiculous to me. I kinda root for Cosmic cos Gibbs used to play for the team and I like him.

Mojoraisin

Yeah, but it's not really that different than group stage play in world cups for example. Not 100% fair but more entertaining for the audience I guess.

Lunar FC

Since when is EU a thing people root for? Like yeah, if there was a Finnish team I'd probably root for them but... I don't how people care about this NA vs EU thing. It seems ridiculous to me. I kinda root for Cosmic cos Gibbs used to play for the team and I like him.

While I agree that people generally root for their country not their continent, I think it's smart to give new viewers like myself something to be attached to. I like the way Cosmic plays and the fact that they are from America
(and Canada)
makes me want them to win.

ps3ud0

I presume all this will be on their YT channel? Had to dip in and out this weekend so will catch up soon!

ps3ud0 8)

What? Wouldn't it be the other way around? Cosmic only has to win once, but F3/NG would have to win twice.

Grinchy

Banned
Great effort

I think they are still technically We Dem Girlz but joined Northern Gaming. Whatever that is.
I hope they never go back to calling themselves that. Juts an awful name and I feel bad for the commentators having to even say it over and over again.

Cappa

Banned
Over Zero is sick... as good as Gambit is I think he's been the key reason why IBP has basically steamrolled through everyone. His overtime Solo Aerial yesterday was one of the best goals Ive seen anyone do in this game.

I think it's 4 - 2 IBP

Cappa

Banned
so F3 has to beat iBP twice? bo7? gf wants to know how much longer im watching videogames lollol
Hahah yooo my girlfriend hates whenever I play rocket league but she's actually into this final.

But yeah it's like you said ibp wins with one bo7

Over_Zero out of nowhere. I didn't know about him until this tournament but he is legit. Those 1v1 payers can do some crazy stuff. I need to play more.

alba

Little is the new Big
Flipside playing so many games on stage and being warmed up is doing wonders for them. We could see a bracket reset, bah gawd! They're looking so strong right now.

Top Bottom