• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League Championship Series - Finals this Weekend

How does the amount of viewers compare to other esport titles? 80k is crazy lol.

English stream numbers:
SC2 would get like 100k in their finals.
LoL/Dota 2 would be 300k+
Can't remember what SFIV/SFV would get.

edit: No idea what they were in their first games though.

alba

Little is the new Big
OMG they scored first, no way!

English stream numbers:
SC2 would get like 100k in their finals.
LoL/Dota 2 would be 300k+
Can't remember what SFIV/SFV would get.

edit: No idea what they were in their first games though.

I think it's on par with it being the first RLCS. Should be much better for season 2.

dickroach

this is what Marky gets for being all cocky in that interview yesterday.
crappy game. IBP's just crushin em. no drama. :(

Grinchy

Banned
lol

x5v4G5J.png

It's only appropriate that Kronovi's a part of the championship team. He's a HUGE reason that people became aware of the amazing things you can do in this game. Congrats to him and to all of iBP!

nightside

that last game from kuxir tho...

kudos to ibp, their defensive rotation was pretty much flawless. basically they never let an easy shot or an open gol throughout the whole tournament.

edit: ROCKET JESUS MVP!!!

SDR-UK

A day well spent watching most of Day 2 of RLCS. Absolutely amazing matches with great showings from all involved.

I wish I was this good.

Grinchy

Banned
USA is always #1. I don't know why we even put on the dog and pony show. Just always give USA the medal and let everyone else play for 2nd place. This applies to everything.

ChrisD

Those hugs were so awkward though ahaha.

Great sets! So many clutch shots and saves.

Commentators are okay, but I think they could be a lot better if they scaled back just a little bit. And I do mean a VERY little bit. They definitely keep hype levels up, don't want to change that!

Peaked at 85K, pretty darn good

Yep. I was worried because the other weekends really struggled in viewer count. Next year with an even bigger prize pool(Hopefully much bigger) and the game being an established competitive game hopefully the scene keeps growing.

Great tournament, players, and hats off to the staff. Such a well produced event.

J. Bravo

i'm a lot more sad than one would expect for a videogame tournament :(

maybe f3 will start practicing. hopefully mike comes back lol.

Top Bottom