• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

VLiberty

http://imgur.com/a/rhOnI

that was like
GYANi7.gif

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anybody had this happening? I was just so shocked as to what happened there that I apologized for the goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwiHRPqj1bg

Any of you had your car randomly respawn in the middle of a match? Happened to me recently. https://gfycat.com/CompetentOptimalIndri

:O This happened to me, too.

haha yep, it happened to me a few nights ago for the first time. I went in for the kickoff and the second I made contact with the ball, it re-spawned me. I was so confused.

Tomtis

FINALLY got up to superstar-rank. Is it just me or is it much harder to rank up after the update? I was borderline super champion last season, even grand for like half a day. Haha.

Grinchy

Banned
One of the best things about the update for me:

Battle-Car Presets and Enhanced Team Customization

An even more popular community request (and perhaps the most requested community feature of all time) is the desire to have unique car loadouts. We’re happy to report that the oft-demanded “Car Presets” will indeed make their debut in the Rumble update. Offering up to 10 different slots to save your favorite configurations, the Car Preset option also allows you to save your vehicle customizations on a “per team” basis, with new “Equip to Blue” and “Equip to Orange” options!

As an added bonus, we’ve also expanded your primary color palette with additional shades for the Orange team and all-new green shades for the Blue team.

Not only can we make loadouts with separate blue/orange teams, which I've wanted since Day 1, but they're actually expanding the primary colors too. I mean, how much of what we wanted can they give us in a single update? It's nuts.

TheKeyPit

Banned
You know what: I'll bite and buy 5 keys and if I only get garbage out of those crates, I'll never support this again. So far I didn't get a single colored rim, so my expectations are pretty low for this gambling sh**.

Edit: Trading is only possible in a party? I thought this would be like an auction house.

I forgot to mention, a few days ago I was playing unranked standard and got sent into a game against a PC party of 3 players (1 legend, 1 rocketeer, 1 grand champion), with my teammates consisting of 2 PSN players (1 legend, 1 rocketeer).

I got thrown into the middle of the match and I couldn't for the life of me understand how everyone was driving so bad compared to me. I was flying around everywhere.

Then I noticed one of the PC player's names: "MAP DRIFT AND ACCELERATE TO SAME BUTTON"

So I did and shit became hard.

Then the next game he changed his name to NO BOOST EVER

And no one used boost.

It was awesome.

ChrisD

That sounds like a ton of stupid fun. Too bad it "requires" playing on PC with the name changing to get things rolling hah.

Well, thanks for their excellent blog post that mentions nothing about how it really works in detail.

Not sure what is confusing about it. Crates drop post match and you can choose to open one for 1.49(Dollar each if buying a bundle a five keys plus). You can get one of fifteen items randomly which are tradable after seven days.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Not sure what is confusing about it. Crates drop post match and you can choose to open one for 1.49(Dollar each if buying a bundle a five keys plus). You can get one of fifteen items randomly which are tradable after seven days.

I was just saying that this information should be in that recent blog post, because I have no clue where you got that info from.

----------

I played for a decent amount of time today and I'm slowly back on track for Rising Star in Doubles.

How come that I somehow only meet kids in this game. Everytime. Teamed up with one and we were a good team.

I was just saying that this information should be in that recent blog post, because I have no clue where you got that info from.

----------

I played for a decent amount of time today and I'm slowly back on track for Rising Star in Doubles.

How come that I somehow only meet kids in this game. Everytime. Teamed up with one and we were a good team.

Ah. The devs posted in the reddit thread.

It has begun.

Bollocks

Just ranked up to Challenger Elite again, first time after the reset, but this time I had to do it in standard, couldn't do it in solo standard.

Switched to solo standard because I was in the zone and yeah, did not miss any of it.
Idk most time I play with other solo players in standard but they are far better than the teammates I get in solo standard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VLiberty

Just lost a 4vs2 match. I've scored twice(with a great assist by teammate #1), while the teammate #2 scored an o.g. and made a clear assist for the opponents while doing nothing good. final result 2-4

next match. the p.o.c. is in the other team, he scores an aerial and makes an assist in the first minute. Then one of the teammates dropped.

I love this game but most of the time is just the opposite of fun, can't deal with this bullshit

Bollocks

haha I know that feel, teammate is absolutely terrible, get matched against him next game, gg suckers we got this, and he pulls off the sickest stunts.

also against all odds I won a 3v2, down 0:3 as the 3 man team and we actually came back, normally you shit yourself. we had to go to ot though.

I'm sure I asked this in the previous OT but just what the hell is up with these teams of 3 freestylers? It's always the same shit, only basic control of the car and a huge dosing of luck in need to actually capitalize. All 3 go up each and every time, they get beaten to the ball for being slow as could be, and then they get scored on every single time since they have no defense at all.

What's supposed to be the aim here? They're actively playing bad on the off chance they get lucky enough to not actually block their own pass for once and have something head remotely for the net. It would make some sense if these people actually had any element of control over where that ball will end up but it's extremely rare that they do.

Unicorn

Man, I hate how I've just reached a wall... again. I just can't get good at dribbling because the ball cam gets wonky, but by the time I switch to non-ball cam I have lost the ball. Shit also affects my aerials. I switched to new camera settings and I have more visibility when airborne, but I just don't have the control. I feel like free play and all the trainings are inadequate in teaching conversions or real scenarios. Balls don't just hang in the air waiting, nor do they launch from such unpredictable angles or velocities. Maybe a ghost ball image rolling up during the countdown would help with predicting trajectory, but I play better from "feeling" the game than I do in sterile training.

I just want to improve, but have hit a skill wall at 370 hrs.

Man, I hate how I've just reached a wall... again. I just can't get good at dribbling because the ball cam gets wonky, but by the time I switch to non-ball cam I have lost the ball. Shit also affects my aerials. I switched to new camera settings and I have more visibility when airborne, but I just don't have the control. I feel like free play and all the trainings are inadequate in teaching conversions or real scenarios. Balls don't just hang in the air waiting, nor do they launch from such unpredictable angles or velocities. Maybe a ghost ball image rolling up during the countdown would help with predicting trajectory, but I play better from "feeling" the game than I do in sterile training.

I just want to improve, but have hit a skill wall at 370 hrs.

Are you on PC? Rocket League trainer is the next level. There is no substitute for choosing a shot or playlist and just practicing the same thing over and over to get better at it.

Unicorn

Damn, this is good for non-reset on goal alone lol.

What are some good shots to download? I don't feel like dealing with the interface right now. I see there are playlists - are there any for common set ups and situations like corner bounces or volley lobs?

Found an upvoted set from sonnix or something.

Is it normal for FPS hit? wasn't at first, but now i'm losing about 20fps.

PatjuhR

I think it's impressive how I keep playing this game despite all the other games I got. It's surviving everything.

It's just so easy to say I'll play a game or two because you are off and running within the minute and the games are short, but I'll always keep on playing longer than I calculated.

Unicorn

1v1's have been really good lately. I did just go on a winning streak, so maybe there's that... But, overall there is far less vitriol because either you fuck up or your opponent fucks up. Can only be salty at yourself. 90% of my matches have been respectful or silent. Sometimes someone feels outclassed and will quit 2 mins in, or someone will spam Wow! when they whiff, but everyone else is either polite or silent.

PatjuhR

When I just got Rocket League I just selected all the options and see which game mode it would put me in, but I suck at 1v1, get to frustrated and sometimes powerless in 3v3, so after the first few games I never played anything else than 2v2.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
1v1's have been really good lately. I did just go on a winning streak, so maybe there's that... But, overall there is far less vitriol because either you fuck up or your opponent fucks up. Can only be salty at yourself. 90% of my matches have been respectful or silent. Sometimes someone feels outclassed and will quit 2 mins in, or someone will spam Wow! when they whiff, but everyone else is either polite or silent.

From my experience all the vitriol in 1v1s is because you're very lucky and that's the only reason you scored any goals. Because "OMG SO LUCKY HAHAHAHAHAHH".

Grinchy

Banned
From my experience all the vitriol in 1v1s is because you're very lucky and that's the only reason you scored any goals. Because "OMG SO LUCKY HAHAHAHAHAHH".

I beat a guy 11-1 earlier and he told me my goals were lucky. He also said it was because of his ping. And he also called me the N-word and the Chinese C-word.

Top Bottom