• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman ZX comes to Japan early (and we give our impressions)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yeah I think most people should be able to beat the game in 10 hours, dunno about sidequest tho since I can't read japanese ^^;

kiryogi

Banned
Error2k4 said:
yeah I think most people should be able to beat the game in 10 hours, dunno about sidequest tho since I can't read japanese ^^;

There's this awesome guide @ gamefaqs that'll help you with that :D

lyre

10 hours??

It's an action platforming game, I'd think one and a half hours would be more than enough (with one and half being too long). 10 is just downright overkill.

Next month!!

kiryogi

Banned
yudaan said:
10 hours??

It's an action platforming game, I'd think one and a half hours would be more than enough (with one and half being too long). 10 is just downright overkill.

Next month!!

Theres no way you can finish ZX the first time in under that time. 4-5 at the minimum. Fast runs id say take 2 hours without sidequests or any extras.

It's a metroidvania right? 10 hours isn't exactly overkill... it's pretty normal for a metroidvania-style game. Does it really have sidequests though? That's pretty cool if so.

Error

ok I finish the game just now. I cant comment on storyline really since I did understand crap.

anyway onto the game.

this is a megaman game through and through some changes has been made here and there but it's still a Megaman at heart with lots of good level design (and I mean good!) challenging bosses and pretty good music.

the Metroidesque level layout works suprisingly well in this game, looking for secrets and such add replay value to the game plus the levels themselves look (I will get more into this later) great

the game ditches the Zero series cyber elves system for the Live Metal system which is really awesome I personally like it a lot. each live metal is unique with their own abilites and touch screen gimmicks for example model Hx lets you analyze enemies, model Lx lets you see where item are hidden etc... etc...

the ranking system had been ditched (sadly) for what the game calls Technical Level Finish which is basically a ranking system for boss fights in which you are ranked depending on how much damage you did to the Live Metal this adds a whole new layer of strategy to boss fights and makes them really interesting but it also makes boss fights drag for too long imo.

the game is in a word BEAUTIFUL pretty much the best looking DS game imo the art direction is rocking each level attention to detail is really mindblowing, like the aurora in area f, the awesome looking ocean of area I the parallax scrolling effects are used really well. the animation is outstanding Vent looked incredible and each attack had fluid animation even his running animation looked great.

sound was pretty good for the DS the game is fully voice acted but I think this was taken out of the US version, the music is nice could certainly be much better but like in the Zero series INTICREATES tends to get better with music with each new entry.

anyway bottomline is the game is really really good its my personal DS GOTY as of now and for people that were put out because of the difficulty in Zero games do not worry game is easy(although some Areas are really annoying) so.... buy it!

Error

10 hours??

Next month!!
the way the game is designed is practically impossible to be able to beat the game in less than 5 hours in your first playthrought unless you use a guide in which case.... yeah :p

and also looking at a guide (excuse me but I did finished the game before looking ok!?), I missed a lot of shit in this game heh. I didnt know about the chips giving different abilites and also about the items that increased the life meter. :/

I didnt do any of the sidequests also.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Error2k4 said:
anyway bottomline is the game is really really good its my personal DS GOTY as of now and for people that were put out because of the difficulty in Zero games do not worry game is easy(although some Areas are really annoying) so.... buy it!
When you say easy do you mean easy compared to the Zero games or NSMB easy?

Error

Archie said:
When you say easy do you mean easy compared to the Zero games or NSMB easy?
game is a lot more challenging than NSMB by far, in fact I died a lot in the game (mainly because I played the game like I play Zero games and that doesnt work really well in ZX) but yes the game is challenging however is not like Zero games bottomless pit arent as frequent as in Zero games same as floor with spikes, bosses arent that hard specially if you dont give a crap about the TFS.

but yeah the game is challenging no doubt about it just dont expect crazy Zero2 difficulty here.

although I been told that hard is indeed is really hard :) I cant wait to try it.

nubbe

I just got the game myself today and just beat the Model P boss. Easy fight… He fights almost like Chill Penguin.

Awesome game so far and not all that hard… Difficulty seems to be on pair with the Original X game.

Error

hardest bosses imo were
Prometheus, Serpent form 2 and Fist Leo

but yes I agree with Nubbe, game is like original X in terms of difficulty.

also I cant believe how good this game looks seriously it looks soooo good, the DSlite amazing screens really work wonders for this game.

Jiggy

kiryogi said:
7-10 hours the first time. Replaybility is offered in the forms of 2 characters, and a hard mode.
Is there actually a difference between the two characters, gameplay-wise?

Error

Jiggy37 said:
Is there actually a difference between the two characters, gameplay-wise?
yes

Aile is faster and takes more damage than Vent while Vent is slower but has more resistance to attacks, I havent try Aile yet but I will when the US version gets released.

also I heard the storyline is different for both.

Error

so Im hunting down for all the things I missed but Im having problems with the third subtank

apperantly I have to
do like 5 sidequests before Im able to get the third subtank but on the first Rose sidequest it says I need to go to Area L-2 and find some energy packs there I went there and I cant find anything am I... missing something?

nubbe

Error2k4 said:
so Im hunting down for all the things I missed but Im having problems with the third subtank

apperantly I have to
do like 5 sidequests before Im able to get the third subtank but on the first Rose sidequest it says I need to go to Area L-2 and find some energy packs there I went there and I cant find anything am I... missing something?
The way I did that mission was to got and break every crate in area L1~3 until I found what was needed.

Brandon F said:
I much preferred DDS to Nocturne, but it's very clear that SMT3 is a far more interesting and novel game experience.

Oh and this was just announced on NCS' site this morning...

rockman_complete_works_shop.jpg
:O I love the Zero series artwork. Almost seems worth the money.

ninj4junpei said:
:O I love the Zero series artwork. Almost seems worth the money.
True. I wanted to use the artwork on the Zero Complete Works book as my avatar but it didn't look right when I scaled it down to 90px width. Instead I settled on X.

Error

can someone explain this to me...

how can Aloutte be alive if the ZX takes 100 years after MM Zero 4?

also does anyone knows a site with the dialogue of the game or some nice summary of the whole story of the game?

kiryogi

Banned
Error2k4 said:
can someone explain this to me...

how can Aloutte be alive if the ZX takes 100 years after MM Zero 4?

also does anyone knows a site with the dialogue of the game or some nice summary of the whole story of the game?

Well, by this generation, humans and reploids are practically the same.

According to established law in aiming toward true equality for humans and Reploids, it's come to be in this era that humans are given a "machine body." Humans that reach a certain degree of age, they are given machine body similar to a Reploid's, and a portion of the flesh body, or all of it, can be exchanged to machine (the natural flesh body exchanged for machine is deposited at facilities in the country). Also, humans that have been given machine bodies are given a collation ID - a Hu Number (Hu meaning Human) - to indicate their flesh body's retention.

Error

so that's what the red triangle on the foreheads is? I've been wondering for awhile about that since Aile/Vent both do not have that red triangle in the forehead

kiryogi

Banned
Error2k4 said:
so that's what the red triangle on the foreheads is? I've been wondering for awhile about that since Aile/Vent both do not have that red triangle in the forehead

Yeah those indicate if a person was once a reploid.

Originally I wasn't planning on buying this, but after rewatching the trailers and reading this thread, this is a must have. Since it's getting so close to ZX getting released, I was thinking about getting the rest of the Zero games since I only have Zero 2. Would it be better to just get them used so as to not have to deal with finding them new? Definitely want to make sure I have enough money for ZX, though.

Top Bottom