• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

MisterR

And you're always first in line whenever them no good Nintendo fans do terrible things like be excited, or optimistic or heaven forbid be slightly misinformed as to the quality of a port or some such nonsense.

I've been a lurker for ages and I'm shocked you're *still* at this charade like you were when I first visited this site.

What exactly is the issue you have?

I find the constant need for affirmation annoying. You like something that's great, you feel the need for everybody else to agree with you that what you like it the best thing ever? That's annoying.

Not really

i just don't think the issues with the open world in LA Noire would be magically fixed just because you now can be bored on the go. it really felt like an afterthought and just letting your partner drive you everywhere is the best way to enjoy the game IMO. And unlike some here i actually really enjoyed LA Noire, warts and all, but i just can't defend the open world and sprinkling more collectibles around won't fix it.
Is an open world only worthwhile if there is stuff to do? Does atmosphere and sense of place not count?

I like the game despite the obvious flaws and I’ll nab this day one but I would have much preferred a remastered version of Max Payne 3, which to this day is my favorite TPS.

Give me a PSPRO version running at 60fps and I’ll give you a full 60 bucks because I’m Rockstar’s whore.

Also, it’s nice Rockstar isn’t ignoring the Switch.

Love Max Payne 3. If they do a Remaster I hope they remove the text/colour effects for The cutscenes, found them distracting.

What a soundtrack by Health

No, that would be Smuggler's Run Warzones on GC
b1nXHNQ.jpg
Are you living in backwards land where the GameCube released after the Wii?

Thoraxes

Wow, didn't think the Switch part of the rumor would've played out. Gonna be a tough choice for platform again for me, cause portability is huge for me but I'll also have an XBO X.

FelipeMGM

The PS4/X1 version is being done internally by a small team. The Switch version is being outsourced (since it's more a straight port than graphical enhancement). Not sure about the Vive version but I can imagine that's in-house as well.

nice

So yeah, could be a case where R* is putting their devs working on the game to familiarize them with the IP (since the first one was developed by Bondi), and maybe have them work on future games in the franchise

Keinning

Is an open world only worthywhile if there is stuff to do? Does atmosphere and sense of place not count?

It depends on what you consider enjoyable, but generally yes, i would say open worlds with stuff to do are generally better than the ones with just pretty sights, at least for me. Which is why W3 open world get praise and something like FFXV open world don't

Even in exploration the LA Noire open world was lacking since there were so few places you could actually explore.

Ivan 3414

I liked the game on 360 but never finished it; will definitely pick this up again

Also can we stop pretending like no one wanted this port on current gen consoles; just from this thread alone there's clearly interest

Thanks

MisterR

This is also true, as the game is episodic by nature, and being able to pick up and play whenever will be great, especially when playing something like ARMS "the correct way" in public might not be advisable.
You should probably take a break from posting for a bit, if that's what you're getting from this thread.

Let me ask you a question. Why exactly is it so important to you for everybody to call this the definitive version of the game? You've gone on and on about it. Why does it matter to you so much that it gets that kind of recognition on this board?

Plum

I find the constant need for affirmation annoying. You like something that's great, you feel the need for everybody else to agree with you that what you like it the best thing ever? That's annoying.

Nobody's wanting anything except you and your weird hyperbole who seemingly want to silence those who dare be excited about the Switch's portability and its effects on this game.

Who's to say it isn't coming down the line, with Red Dead Redemption right behind it?

I wouldn't be surprised if GTAV is released sometime next year, especially if this does well. LA Noire was likely going to come to PS4/X1/Vive regardless of the Switch whereas a Switch port of GTAV would require specific attention on that console, that's my thinking for why they're porting LA Noire over first instead of GTAV.

Who the heck was saying this is 'the best thing ever and you're wrong if you disagree?' No one as far as I can see, you're just being typically hyperbolic to justify your nonsense.

Someone just thought the Switch version might be the definitive edition and you've gone bent out of shape for some bizarre reason. They were (probably) wrong, and have been corrected. Heck, it wasn't even a stupid thing to think considering the new features the Switch version has and how the industry warps words like 'definitive' to suit their needs at a moment's notice.

You could've handled yourself better here I reckon.

EDIT: and it's great how you've just stated that you hate people who want affirmation that what they like is the best thing ever, because there's been plenty of other users here who are *far* more hyperbolic about their love for other system(s) yet your absence in those threads they've created is now very conspicuous I must say wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

It depends on what you consider enjoyable, but generally yes, i would say open worlds with stuff to do are generally better than the ones with just pretty sights. Which is why W3 open world get praise and something like FFXV open world don't
I'm not talking about pretty sights or exploration. I'm talking about the sense of place and context. Especially in a game focused on conveying a historical time period or era, a la Mafia 2 and LA Noire.

What exactly would having "stuff to do" add to the game besides filler and out-of-character distractions for detectives who are in the middle of trying to go to witnesses and follow leads?

not the surprise i wanted be surprised about. that been said, i didnt get to play this one back in the day so depending on the price i might be there day one or later next year

Sadist

Well I find it highly annoying that you feel the need to mention it every time in a Switch thread and that happens a lot. You could always, I don't know, ignore it?

Keinning

What exactly would having "stuff to do" add to the game besides filler and out-of-character distractions for detectives who are in the middle of trying to go to witnesses and follow leads?

A reason to have an open world to begin with.
You could still have the same sense of place and context if the game were a linear experience, in fact i think the game would be improved by narrowing its focus more on the investigations and less on the time spent getting there. If they wanted to make an open world, they should have invested more on it.

Pinky

Banned
Let me ask you a question. Why exactly is it so important to you for everybody to call this the definitive version of the game? You've gone on and on about it. Why does it matter to you so much that it gets that kind of recognition on this board?

What's hilarious is the fact that it's getting to you so bad. Let it go?

GrazGamer

Just deciding what to play next and this has just pushed me towards dusting off the PC version for a replay. Played the PS3 version and enjoyed it. Gonna look a lot better in 4K I hope.

WITHE1982

Great news.

I'm not the biggest fan of the game but I'll definitely pick it up again on PS4. If they can reach even half the quality they did with the GTA 5 remaster then it'll look incredible.

Wasn't there some kind of issue though surrounding the mo-cap stuff for the faces though? Sure I read it may be a problem updating them for a remaster.

packy34

Really enjoyed the slower pace of LA Noire. Not all of it works, but the face capture stuff was a pretty impressive technical achievement.

I'll get the Switch version.

Fredrik

wouldn't count on it if i were you

speaking of which, how big is the game + all DLC on PC? i remember it being pretty big, will it use a 32GB cartridge for switch?
Deep inside you know how they'll do it and you know there will be a 20 page thread about it when it's announced. :p

Crazyorloco

Great news for everyone. damn.

I'm not sure if I should pick up up on the Xbox one or the Switch.

The switch is becoming my main system lately. Every freaking month there's something I want.

If a GTA V comes out on the Switch I will buy that day zero. I own the game already, but to have that in a portable form...would be amazing.

Top Bottom