• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

nachum00

Can't help but think that most of the people that hated it were expecting GTA in the 40s, but were pissed when it ended up being a weird mix of Shenmue and GTA inspired by classic Noir movies.
Bringing this back could be sign of a sequel coming up.
I hope so

Keinning

Can't help but think that most of the people that hated it were expecting GTA in the 40s, but were pissed when it ended up being a weird mix of Shenmue and GTA inspired by classic Noir movies.

funny of you to mention shenmue because phelps is literally bizarro-Ryo
one is emotionally dead about everything, the other JUST CAN'T KEEP HIS EMOTIONS IN CHECK! *slams the table

but yeah, ive heard people bashing la noire because the shooting was too bad on it. some people really missed the point

Literally who wanted this

But if that means Rockstar might consider porting GTA over in the future then I'll accept the baby steps

Seik

Banned
Wow, so it was true.

What a fucking waste, it's like the worst fucking game Rockstar would put on Switch.

Nintendo Switch named before PS4 and Xbone? Alphabetical? Rockstar seeing the future that the Switch will likely see the most sales for this game?

It's interesting because with GTAV being a 360 game there's no real reason they couldn't bring that game to the Switch.

As for Rockstar remasters just give me a remaster of the 360 version of Table Tennis and a remaster of the PC version of Max Payne 3 and I'm happy. Also, RDR is overrated! There! I said it! lol.

Bringing this back could be sign of a sequel coming up.

Indeed.

This is hilarious. A simple port of the 360/PS3 version of GTA V for the Switch would do insane numbers but instead they do this?
You have to realize that the biggest selling point of GTA V right now is the online. Rockstar would have to find way to condense and port all of the online stuff they have unto the Switch.

Stat!

Damn, was hoping that one of the new versions was LA Noire 2 out of nowhere :( One of my favorite games but Im not sure I can double dip when I already know what happens and what I need to do.

Toni

🙋

Personally, I was never into the film noir theme thing. And I think that won't change in video game format.

I've seen so many gifs in Gaf of La Noir's face animations and judging by the general concensus of the game in this thread, its safe to say that's the most fun aspect of the game.

I'd definitely replay this for the right price, do we know how much it's gonna be?

I might give it a shot if it goes down to 20 bucks when its all said and done considering this is open world (I think). The best thing about this is that it for sure will be on sale on either Steam or PSN with their agressive aproach on pricing and special sales events.

Wait it out.

Lol lmao haha they clearly did lol

FSNsoO5.gif

nachum00

funny of you to mention shenmue because phelps is literally bizarro-Ryo
one is emotionally dead about everything, the other JUST CAN'T KEEP HIS EMOTIONS IN CHECK! *slams the table

but yeah, ive heard people bashing la noire because the shooting was too bad on it. some people really missed the point
That's pretty spot on. Phelps was an overly emotional dick who wanted to be a hero. And my man Ryo is a robot.

Fredrik

Really enjoyed the slower pace of LA Noire. Not all of it works, but the face capture stuff was a pretty impressive technical achievement.

I'll get the Switch version.
Yeah I loved it, I haven't bothered to finish a single GTA but this I finished and enjoyed more than most games last gen. With visual enhancements, higher resolution textures and 4K it'll be awesome to replay it on Xbox One X! Day 1!

seady

Let's pass the test so we can have GTA5 on the Switch. Damn it, I am happy enough to have GTA3, Vice, San Andreas or GTA4 on the Switch on the go.

atr0cious

Let me ask you a question. Why exactly is it so important to you for everybody to call this the definitive version of the game? You've gone on and on about it. Why does it matter to you so much that it gets that kind of recognition on this board?
Why does it matter to you to go from thread to thread and shitpost about people's reactions to a game coming out that they want? I am a noir junky, even wrote a film noir script for my final. LA noir is one of a kind in terms of games doing what it's doing. I owned the original with all the dlc for the 360 and rebought it for the pc. Now that's it's coming to the switch, I'm posting about my interest in buying it again. All I've talked about is what's been added to the game as a value proposition as someone who owns the game multiple times. That I find value in added features other than more resolution and frames, two things that I can get all I need from my currently owned versions, shouldn't be as upsetting as it is to some of you posters. I have yet to ask for validation in my opinions, though have followed through multiple times when challenged as to why I feel the way I do. Why are you even in this thread, since the game seems to be the one thing you don't care about?

Severianb

Ah, the game that combined all the worst aspects of GTA into one. Awesome.

- Missions that wouldn't let you continue the game if you didn't solve them
- Boring areas with nothing to do.

Why not a remaster of Vice City, with mods enabled? (and the RC helicopter mission removed?)

I hope so

It's got way bigger (and well documented) problems than that. Your take is just being reductive.

Toni

From all Rockstar franchises...
They chose this shit.

I would give any part of my earthian body for a Bully or Manhunt remake.

Even a Max Payne 3 remaster would have sufficed. One of the the most amazing third person shooters ever created really shouldn't stay on last gen filfth.

MP3 controlled just beautifully.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
A great game. Not sure if I'll triple dip though. Would certainly love a sequel though so maybe I will if the price is right, but I very much doubt this will be anything but $60.

Dabanton

Game was fun for it's time but ran out of steam quickly once you got over how good the graphics were.

Will be interesting to see the Pro and X1X versions.

MisterR

Who the heck was saying this is 'the best thing ever and you're wrong if you disagree?' No one as far as I can see, you're just being typically hyperbolic to justify your nonsense.

Someone just thought the Switch version might be the definitive edition and you've gone bent out of shape for some bizarre reason. They were (probably) wrong, and have been corrected. Heck, it wasn't even a stupid thing to think considering the new features the Switch version has and how the industry warps words like 'definitive' to suit their needs at a moment's notice.

You could've handled yourself better here I reckon.

EDIT: and it's great how you've just stated that you hate people who want affirmation that what they like is the best thing ever, because there's been plenty of other users here who are *far* more hyperbolic about their love for other system(s) yet your absence in those threads they've created is now very conspicuous I must say wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

You know what, you're right that I could have handled it much better. A couple of posts rubbed me the wrong way, probably just having a shitty day. I'll own it and apologize for shutting up the thread.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
lol this thread....why not this game, why would they port this, etc.....why not post in other threads with games that interest you instead?

yoshiunity

Never played the original release, but I was interest. Might get either the Switch or the PS4 version. Guess it's time to shake the tree and see what falls out.

Top Bottom