• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocky 2 Is The Worst Sequel Ever Made (It's actually Highlander 2)

What is the worst sequel ever made?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothar

Banned
My thoughts are that Rocky 2 is probably the greatest sequel ever. It's one of the few sequels that manages to capture the emotion and greatness of the original.

Speevy

Banned
Star Trek Nemesis is also really bad. It's not just regular bad. It ruins everything and you never see the characters again.

Yeah, apart from the training and fight, its definitely not my favorite. The shit with Adrian in the hospital is so melodramatic and they made Rocky basically mentally handicapped, that ad where he can't even read.

Temple of Doom
1089589.gif

Raiders > Temple > Crusade >>> Crustal Skull

What? Rocky 2 is a good movie. Being a sequal to a masterpiece is not easy. But its far from bad let alone worst sequal.

the end fight was trash though

It takes like 15 minutes into highlander 2 to see a series so massively fuck up it's on a level that makes jontron coming out as a white supremacist look insignificant.

None of the Rocky sequels are good because they undermine the original film's story.

Ditto for the Rambo sequels if we're on the subject of Stallone films.

Zen Aku

supergirl-1984.jpg

not even close. 124 minutes of jesus fucking christ what am I watching.

even if you consider this a spin off and not a sequel, Superman III is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles worse than BvS
Nope, BvS is trash tier. At least Superman 3 has the best Superman and one of the funniest comedians ever on screen.

Speevy

Banned
Hey mod, you may not want to put Thor 2 but we could at least add some, pretty please.

-Terminator 3
-Mortal Kombat Annihilation
-Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
-Rocky V (the real worst Rocky)
-Star Trek Nemesis
-X-Men Apocalypse
-The Avengers Age of Ultron
-Iron Man 2
-Devil May Cry 2
-Weekend at Bernies 2
-Pick a Saw movie

The choices are endless.

Did you miss the part where the whole thing was an exhibition bout for charity in the first place?

That starts with Thunderlips turning the whole thing into a shoot until Rocky shoot bodyslams him WITH BOXING GLOVES ON (?!?!?!?) then he's all 'that's the naaaaame of the game'

Retro

Highlander 2 for sure. What a pile of shit.

-X-Men Apocalypse

Watched this last night, I was actually surprised how not awful it ended up being. Certainly not great, but miles ahead of The Last Stand and the first Wolverine spin-off. Definitely the weakest of the second trilogy though.

Speevy

Banned
Highlander 2 for sure. What a pile of shit.

Watched this last night, I was actually surprised how not awful it ended up being. Certainly not great, but miles ahead of The Last Stand and the first Wolverine spin-off. Definitely the weakest of the second trilogy though.

I know. I just hate Jennifer Lawrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom