• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocky 2 Is The Worst Sequel Ever Made (It's actually Highlander 2)

What is the worst sequel ever made?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J4g3r

Starship Troopers 2 brehs

Jingle_All_the_Way_2_poster.jpg

bebop242

I'd recon that the Matrix sequel is the worst. The original is among the all time best sci fi films ever and they follow it with a bloated wet fart.

To be fair, it's a sequel to an average at best movie. Never understood the love.

I love the idea behind the Highlander movies, and something really cool could be done with it, but they haven't done anything and they won't. The TV series is the closest, and I do enjoy the first movie for what it is, but the series to me is the definition of wasted potential.

And Highlander 2, while a shitty movie, may in fact still be better than that last one they crapped out which went straight to syfy.

The Cowboy

As much as i hate Highlander 2, for me the worst sequel is Blue Brothers 2000.

It took an absolute cult classic and just ran it into the ground, it had no purpose at all and was a strait up money grab - it took everything that made the original great, and ruined it.

Watching it you'd be hard pressed to know it was written by and directed by the same people, its like one of those crappy bargain basement rip off movies.

IV is my favorite as well. I LOVE the montages. I wish the post fight speech wasn't in the movie though. It feels out of place and suuuuuuuper forced.

The speech is amazing and caps off an amazing film. IV was the first Rocky I ever saw and remains my favorite. I also love V for what it was (Rocky back to his roots) even though VI did it better.

Xero

I love the idea behind the Highlander movies, and something really cool could be done with it, but they haven't done anything and they won't. The TV series is the closest, and I do enjoy the first movie for what it is, but the series to me is the definition of wasted potential.

And Highlander 2, while a shitty movie, may in fact still be better than that last one they crapped out which went straight to syfy.

I agree with all of this. Love the first one more for the very unique concept and idea. The source was just fuck awful. The only decent highlander sequel is endgame and thats mainly if you were a fan of the show. The show btw had no damned reason for being as entertaining as it was. Because of the Duncan > connor for me, adrian pauls charisma is just so much better then christopher lambert, and adrian paul actually knows how to fight with a sword.

Its the perfect series for a reboot really. So much potential undelivered. I've heard rumors they have been trying to get a reboot off the ground for years now.

Fisty

I'm gonna take a lot of shit for this, but Highlander 2 was great. The Renegade version was what we should have gotten and while it was a bit cheesy in some respects, the premise and general plotline was actually pretty fuckin cool.

But yeah they aren't aliens

Worst sequel was Jurassic Park 2

Rocky II is great. It's biggest crime is it is overly long while they find every way possible to stall before the inevitable training montage and rematch which is basically all anyone turned up to see.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation gets my vote for worst sequel.

As much as i hate Highlander 2, for me the worst sequel is Blue Brothers 2000.

It took an absolute cult classic and just ran it into the ground, it had no purpose at all and was a strait up money grab - it took everything that made the original great, and ruined it.

Watching it you'd be hard pressed to know it was written by and directed by the same people, its like one of those crappy bargain basement rip off movies.

I'd recon that the Matrix sequel is the worst. The original is among the all time best sci fi films ever and they follow it with a bloated wet fart.

I went to theatre to see Blues Brother 2000 and the first Matrix sequel, I enjoyed Blues Brother 2000 as a child but the first Matrix sequel made me feel empty and completely hollow.

And what made the Matrix sequel sucking complete shit so shocking to a person like me was the sequels came at a time, where there was a major push with Animatrix and Enter the Matrix games coming out for the PS2. and everyone was so fucking hyped about it then it just magically turned to shit because Reloaded sucked and so did the Matrix video game was completely shit. Like I remember people saying out of all these, the Animatrix is still better then either Reloaded or Revolutions. and I agree with that assessment.

DerZuhälter;232766423 said:
So we just gonna act like this piece of shit has been forgotten?

speed_two_cruise_control.jpg

Speed 1: The Bus can't go over 50 MPH

Speed 2: The Boat is hijacked by terrorist and (throws hands in the air and walks off)

Speed 2 as it is, it's a shit sequel but that's what it is and that's what it'd always be.

The Matrix: Reloaded was part of multimedia push into video games/movies and what not and almost everyone agreed everything about the push was shit. The game was shit and so where the movies.

The Matrix: Reloaded is such a shit movie because it takes the cool concepts that were in the first Matrix and pisses on it so bad. How did everything that was so cool about the first Matrix, how did the sequel completely miss why it was so goddamn cool at the time. And the action scenes were prolonged CGI shitfests that served no other purpose but to make it look cool. But almost everyone agreed everything in that movie fucking sucked and how it directed sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom