• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rottenwatch: Pixar's Inside Out (2015) - 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
I should really catch up on Brave and Monsters University sometime.

Cars 2 can drown itself in the ocean.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
i meant it the other way, i found up to be overrated tbh. first 10 or so minutes are incredible and the rest is just wack to me (talking dogs and that kid ruined the premise)

hopefully this commits to it's concept.
My man

Brinbe

I can't fucking wait and that Disgust character is so fucking well-designed it's unbelievable. Gonna make Disney a fucking mint.

BumRush

It's amazing how good Pixar is. I can honestly say that every one of their movies is at least good...with most being amazing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The return of the king already happened when Disney Feature Animation released Frozen and restored their honor and god tier status
This post makes me angry. The popularity of such an average movie makes me angry. Frozen is one of the weaker Disney movies in recent years, and other than the Cars films there is not a single Pixar movie that does not wipe the floor with Frozen. Frozen makes movies like Monsters University and Brave look like masterpieces.

tomtom94

Pete Docter's filmography thus far:

Monsters, Inc. 96% (192 reviews) 78 (34 reviews) A+
Up 98% (280 reviews) 88 (37 reviews) A+
Inside Out 100% (19 reviews) 89 (9 reviews)

I'm scared as to what he's going to accomplish next.

diffusionx

Gold Member
For some reason the movie theater where I watched the trailer was a little dusty, and some got into my eyes.

Fireblend

Banned
Yep, I'm a huge fan of Pixar and despite not loving Brave or MU as much as I did their other movies and somewhat resenting their sequel-making decisions, the thought of a new completely original film from them hypes me to no end. I missed Pixar last year and can't wait to watch this, I can already tell I'll be in tears by the time the movie is over.

Toxi

Banned

Just hope that he has better luck with live action than Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird did.

Dereck

That's cool, but even including the high standards that people hold Pixar to I'll wait until I see it before the Rottenwatch matters to me.

Can people stop creating thread titles with scores that are obviously going to change? It's hugely misleading. A more final Tomato-meter score should be saved until the nationwide premiere, or at least more than 20 reviews this early on.

MercuryLS

Banned
I think this will be the first year we've had 2 Pixar films in a calendar year. Props to them for making up for the lack of films in 2014

They get props if both films are good, inside out looks great but the good dinosaur so far doesn't look so hot (from the initial teaser, it could still end up being great too).

Toothless

I'm unaware of how this works, but I have an OT pretty much done and prepared to post next week, the time when we're allowed to post it... do I still do that now or has this thread kinda taken over the purpose of an OT?

(It's not a great OT (not image based like the Marvel ones) but I still have it pretty much done since this is like my most hyped movie of the year besides Star Wars)

zychi

Banned
I doubt it'll beat out Toy Story 1 or WallE as my favorite Pixar movies, but it'll be enjoyable I'm sure. Feels like the teaser just came out like a month ago. Can't believe its almost here

Can't Disney find someone else to crank out toy centric movies like Cars? I want more movies like this one.

They did that, look at the Planes movies.

I never thought Pixar fell as far as people here on GAF seem to think, but great to see that this getting glowing reviews. The previews looked alright, but I'm more hopeful now that people are comparing it to UP and Wall-E.

Despera

Banned
Never really cared for these reviews, but you could tell from the first trailer that this would be an enjoyable film.

Rotten Tomatos rate all kids movie high even if all of them sucks. Seriously, we need a better parameter for kids movies.

Pixar hasn't had a masterpiece since UP (my favorite Pixar film, even named my dog Dug!)

Here's hoping this is almost as good as up.

I found toy story 3 overrated. Cars 2, Brave, MU were fine but nothing special.

This sounds familiar

herman.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
They did that, look at the Planes movies.

I never thought Pixar fell as far as people here on GAF seem to think, but great to see that this getting glowing reviews. The previews looked alright, but I'm more hopeful now that people are comparing it to UP and Wall-E.

Car 2 was a pretty huge fall.

Tuck

What are you going on about ?

John carter
Mission impossible
Tomorrowland

Are fucking great movies

Mission Impossible certainly was.

John Carter was... okay, at best. Pretty forgettable. Poor Stanton.

Haven't seen Tomorrowland.

Been a long time since a good Pixar film came out.

Pixar has never released a bad film. Even Cars 2 was enjoyable, at absolute minimum. It just got shat on because it most definitely skews younger. In terms of stuff aimed at kids, its pretty high quality. Brave, Monsters U, both fine films. Neither were great, but certainly good, or at worst, decent/watchable.

way more

Huh, that image makes me think that this Tumbler rant was more than just a tumbler rant. http://every-flavored-bean.tumblr.c...very-woman-in-every-disney-pixar-movie-in-the

I took pictures of both male and female characters from recent Disney/Pixar movies, And then traced both of them. Look at the diversity of male face shapes . . Apparently every Disney woman is a clone/direct descendant of some primordial creature with huge round cheeks and a disturbingly small nose
:

640.jpg

640.jpg

The AV Club take on it which made me aware.

Can people stop creating thread titles with scores that are obviously going to change? It's hugely misleading. A more final Tomato-meter score should be saved until the nationwide premiere, or at least more than 20 reviews this early on.

This. 100% on rotten tomatoes means nothing until at least 60 reviews. Especially with a movie like this that will get hundreds. Even now it could still end up at 70%, its not as likely, but still.

Spinluck

No sequels in site

:)

3N16MA

Banned
I'm unaware of how this works, but I have an OT pretty much done and prepared to post next week, the time when we're allowed to post it... do I still do that now or has this thread kinda taken over the purpose of an OT?

(It's not a great OT (not image based like the Marvel ones) but I still have it pretty much done since this is like my most hyped movie of the year besides Star Wars)

Post it. There have been review threads and OTs before.

People saying the king is back. Who exactly took their crown? Certainly not Disney Animation Studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom