• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New lawsuit against Disney for allegedly stealing idea for INSIDE OUT

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Didn't Herman's Head do this first? It was a show on fox that lasted like 3-4 years in the early 90s. Had Yeardley Smith and Hank Azaria from the Simpsons on it.

This is what i was coming in to say. Havent seen the movie but it sounded like the kids version of Hermans Head.

Ceres

Banned
I'm curious how she pitched them. Does the lawsuit mention this? My understanding is no one can just send in a pitch since Disney won't accept them to protect it from lawsuits such as this.
It doesn't mean that they don't take from other sources but you have to be well represented/connected to get a pitch that anyone actually sees.

Loona

This is what i was coming in to say. Havent seen the movie but it sounded like the kids version of Hermans Head.

Inside Out lacked an Intellect entity in the mix like Herman's Head had, the whole thing was 100% emotions, which works well for drama, but emphasizes what was missing when Riley makes this big dumb decision with nary a dissenting voice stating the obvious problems with the idea...

TS-08

I'm curious how she pitched them. Does the lawsuit mention this? My understanding is no one can just send in a pitch since Disney won't accept them to protect it from lawsuits such as this.
It doesn't mean that they don't take from other sources but you have to be well represented/connected to get a pitch that anyone actually sees.

I had the same thought but the petition is clearly alleging a back and forth with certain execs at Disney, including the CEO. So they aren't going to argue she simply sent stuff to Disney and that it can be assumed that her pitch was reviewed because of the similarities.

Yup. They first appeared in the Beezer in 1962.

One significant difference between the Numskulls and Inside Out is that the former concentrated mostly on the physical operations of the body, whereas the latter concentrated on emotions.

But, yeah, the idea that little people run your body is pretty universal. I remember an animation called Once Upon A Time... Life where they anthropomorphised cells to show how your body worked.

https://youtu.be/mpchye1X_Rs

Never knew it was that far back!

Btu yeah these stories have been done many times... Even Eddie Murphy had a film about it!!!

THE-MOODSTERS-GROUP-FOR-WEBSITE.png

They basically remind me of the aftermath of a torrid one night stand between Care Bears and the Mr. Men.

Why are they all detectives?

Top Bottom