• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPG town music is underrated. Post your favorites. (Traverse Town the GOAT tho)

Xenobalde X spoilers porbably:
though there is almost nothing to do there, it counts because it's inside NLA. whenever I will customize my party I go there just to listen to the music.

Also Tales of Symphonia Altamira

Oh yes. Definitely my favourite track in XBCX.

Completely overlooked it in my first post, unfortunately.

Xenogears - My Village is number One
https://youtu.be/YPrm1nrkZ3k
I know they share the same composer, but this is a song that could have come straight out of Chrono Cross. Lovely stuff either way.

Love those. "Town" is probably my all-time favourite town music. I like the Elw village theme too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CqmhtBfJI
Good call! Elw village's music makes me a bit sad though.

Does Corridors Of Time count as town music?
It does, and I think it may be favourite town theme. Here's a link to it. The combination with the music, look if the place, and the curve-ball that was its entire existence, have etched Zeal into my memory.

DieH@rd

Banned
Lineage 2, Dion, composed by Inon Zur

hqdefault.jpg

Also, Elven Village theme

Is this where I post the entire soundtrack for The World Ends With You?

But yeah, whatever track from TWEWY you want to consider, they're all great.

I love these threads as they give me an excuse to drop phat beats on new ears, and I never run out.

Roer: City of Iron and Steel ~ Trails of Cold Steel 1

Heimdall, the Crimson Imperial Capital

JDK's more sophisticated, cosmopolitan side comes to the surface in their calmer, more laid-back games.

Whispers of Oxenfurt (Inst) ~ Witcher 3

Plaintive, empty, achingly beatiful, shame about flubbing the transitions there, though.

Shibuya Underground District ~ Shin Megami Tensei IV

Yo, I heard you liked cyberpunk and FM.

The City on the Deep Blue Sea ~ Etrian Odyssey III

Koshiro's and Generation 7's best soundtrack (check that bass!)

Famassu

Zafir

I would do unspeakable things for a PC port of Skies of Arcadia. I'll settle for PS4 though!

Me too. :(

Least we have emulation though!

I managed to get the Dreamcast version running on my cheapish Windows Tablet. Was well happy. :D

So many great posts. A lot of my faves have been mentioned already!

Here's a more obscure one that I enjoy.

"Saith" from Lunar the Silver Star (Sega CD)

A soothing town theme with a somber feel to it.

Squishy3

Great thread idea. Here are my faves:

Earthbound:

This is quintessential, carefree "walking through the grass in the sun, having fun on a summer time afternoon" music, so good.

Twoson's shift in theme from the first town is perfect, you go from Onett's summertime time to a very pleasant yet bittersweet Fall theme. To me, this music feels like listening to a Beatles album on a Sunday afternoon as a kid while you contemplate having to start a new school year.

Winter's town theme itself is great but the boarding school theme the best, it evokes such a peaceful feeling of waking up on a cloudy, misty winter day.

Dragon Quest V (DS):

These are both lovely, positive, old school day time town themes. They both evoke a positive feeling of optimism and "hey, life is good and has possibilities. Have fun out there!" Fairy Lea has an especially light hearted feel.

Not exactly a town theme per se, this is a lovely and very melancholy theme usually played in transitional areas such as harbors and guard towers in between towns or regions. It's a sad yet beautiful theme which nicely captures the bittersweet, hard life the hero of the game goes through. There is another very melancholy theme I can't find which plays only at night in certain towns such as Whealbrook which carries the same sentiment.

Chrono Trigger

A warm, peaceful home theme, just wonderful.

Action packed, positive theme which captures the hectic yet energetic and happy hometown lives of Crono and Lucca before they get pulled into their epic journey and meet new friends. A classic medieval fair theme.

Sakuraba:

Golden Sun: Imil

This is such a beautiful theme. Most winter wonderlands utilize bells of some sort, but this one doesn't. It's so low key and inviting. It makes you want to curl up in front of a fireplace and drink some hot tea while watching the snow fall outside your window.

Beautiful, there was actually a thread last year I'm trying to find which was specifically about best winter town themes.

Top Bottom