• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: The hyperbolic bane of sci-fi filmGAF (aka Prometheus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on.

Another example: it's like how Mass Effect 3 ending retroactively makes people dislike the previous games or how it clouded the perception of people when viewing the series as a whole. Do you really think that when you replay ME1 your mind will still be able to say "Ooooh Reapers are so mysterious and awesome" if in the end you already knew about how stupid their origin story is in ME3?

Of course how you deal with the later iteration of something in a series matter in terms of how people view the series as a whole.
Absolutely. Mass Effect 1 and 2 work perfectly fine as games and stories regardless of what 3 did or didn't do

The Matrix, Jurassic Park, Die Hard, Alien, Star Wars, Terminator, and so on. The originals (and the good sequels) aren't somehow retroactively altered by the shit elements of their franchises. It's silly to suggest it's some constant that must happen. It really is only a thing if you decide to make it a thing

jviggy43

A guy once got a pipe blasted clean through his skull and brain and then walked home and asked for a doctor

The human body is resilient and shock/adrenaline can help you ignore pain for a while

Sure, but that really isn't my problem with that at hole at all. Its more like, I need to tell someone immediately about what just happened, especially so because its still alive in that room, and there are a bunch pf people hanging out around weylan right after that I could tell but nah, no biggie.

Just beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0

EVOL 100%

Me and my family went to see this film pretty much blind. We only knew it was a sci-fi film by Ridley Scott, and we all came out with negative impressions. Me, my brother and my mom are people who I guess you could say are film snobs, while my dad is into spectacle. We all hated it.

The biggest problem for me is that the film tries to present heavy and intellectual themes, but they all fall flat and feel out of place when the characters are all dumb as bricks and are one dimensional. That kind of shit sticks out, because nothing seems to gel together.

Either try to make your film smart and make a philosophical , or cut out the bloat and make it a lean and mean slasher flick.

That alien tie-in at the end was also hackneyed and borderline embarrassing, although I guess it was to appease Alien fans. That kind of dumb fan service seems to be popping up pretty frequently these days, and I really could do without that stuff.

U literally like Star Wars and 2016 Ghostbusters. Pick a side dude.

What the fuck are you talking about, Ryan? What "side" am I supposed to be picking?

I thought Ghostbusters was a disappointing mess that missed a lot of opportunities.

And of course I like Star Wars. It's not a particularly hard thing to like. What's wrong with it?

Like, for someone complaining about people being elitist pricks you're displaying some superficially snobby tendencies right now, and you're not even doing me the common courtesy of paying attention enough to correctly misjudge me. So I'm guessing your previous post actually wasn't satire, in which case: If you're going to pick your friends based solely on whether or not they like the same movies you like, you're probably gonna end up with some really shitty friends. It's not the greatest metric to use.

Sure, but that really isn't my problem with that at hole at all. Its more like, I need to tell someone immediately about what just happened, especially so because its still alive in that room, and there are a bunch pf people hanging out around weylan right after that I could tell but nah, no biggie.

Just beyond me.

I was mainly posting about the "like nothing happened" part. Not saying anything is pretty illogical, agreed

Z..

not having seen Covenant: And I have - I can tell you that the prequels for Alien (which these are) does change how you read the movies. We all know that Covenant and its sequel will tie into Alien and it does. The narrative is moving that way and yes, Ripley's story is a stand alone experience but when you're watching it again after watching Covenant

spoilers for covenant
you'll be thinking: Oh, David the android engineered that alien

it's one of those, you can't unthink that things

As previously stated, you are CHOOSING to care about it. The original was never written with whatever implications the 6th movie in the franchise brings to the table in mind and thus stands alone and on it's own. If you let anything that happens in a sequel/prequel spoil your enjoyment of a previous entry in any way at all, it is completely on you.

However, if the story element in question is being employed in an attempt to help add dimension/meaning to the thing you'd already watched before, and it doesn't do it well (or at all) then I think that's a fair thing to hold against that film. But not against the original film, which was made without all that extra shit being factored into it, and stood alone without that shit for a long time.

Ryaaan14

Banned
What the fuck are you talking about, Ryan? What "side" am I supposed to be picking?

I thought Ghostbusters was a disappointing mess that missed a lot of opportunities.

And of course I like Star Wars. It's not a particularly hard thing to like. What's wrong with it?

Like, for someone complaining about people being elitist pricks you're displaying some superficially snobby tendencies right now, and you're not even doing me the common courtesy of paying attention enough to correctly misjudge me. So I'm guessing your previous post actually wasn't satire, in which case: If you're going to pick your friends based solely on whether or not they like the same movies you like, you're probably gonna end up with some really shitty friends. It's not the greatest metric to use.

Yea just making a point about how liking movies or disliking movies is serious business. I don't like getting philosophical on such a silly forum but u would be surprised just how much u can tell about someone not just if they like or dislike a movie, but how hard they're willing to go in on it

I personally have conflicts w ppl who get serious on how Prometheus sucks, and I didn't even love the movie

For a shitty movie there is a lot of cool stuff in it. It's still a shitty movie though.

It just makes you wonder what the hell was going on with the production and writing? Like everybody involved from the writers, producers, and director wanted to make a different movie yet they still managed to make one.

Erigu

The Matrix, Jurassic Park, Die Hard, Alien, Star Wars, Terminator, and so on. The originals (and the good sequels) aren't somehow retroactively altered by the shit elements of their franchises.
I find it very easy to ignore shitty sequels. But ignoring shitty previous entries seems quite a bit harder to me. I find it somewhat difficult to get invested in a story when I remember that the characters currently are in this situation because that nonsensical shit happened.

Some cool visuals, Fassbender is great but man the rest of the movie is hot garbage. The movie is littered with crappy writing, scenes that don't make sense, awful characters who are mind blowingly stupid (and unlike Alien they're supposed to be geniuses). I went in to it without reading impressions and it actually made me mad at how bad it was. It wasn't just a mediocre, forget about it in a few days movie, it was like, legitimately crap. I'm pretty confident Ridley can't make original movies worth shit anymore.

Hoping Alien: Covenant proves me wrong but not expecting it to.

GAF is FAR from the only website that shits on Prometheus, TDKR, and Skyfall.

Actually, GAF was literally the first place I've seen on the Internet that shits on Skyfall. The only other place I can think of that would likely hate on that film is /tv/ over on 4chan.

Not saying you're wrong, but the Internet is a big place. Your mileage may vary due to personal experiences.

That said, yeah, Prometheus is a mess of a film. Gorgeously directed, but filled to the brim with some pretty dumb writing. Hell, my friend and I love to jokingly refer back to the film quoting one character's freakout earlier on in the film ("I. LIKE. ROCKS.").

It's not the total disaster of a film that a lot of people try to make it out to be, but it's by no means great either.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Not sure you meant to use "benign" there? It doesn't really make much sense in context, or at least I'm not seeing it.
Gotta admit, I think I brain-farted with those two clauses (first one being about TDKR, next about SS), but what I mean by benign is how a lot of people would diss on an adaptation or sequel due to matter like, say, Bane is very different from comic-book Bane, which would be a trivial concern when you're trying to judge a movie by itself as an adaptation.

I mean, you can still disagree with the element (I don't like Zack Snyder Batman killing people, but I'm not gonna take marks off the movie just for that unless it's really to its detriment), but I've always felt weird taking those into account. Granted, I'm also talking about more mainstream/pop-culture stuff here, so this sentiment will vary depending on what the material is. Also you address why this sort of thinking is prominent in your next point, which I agree with.

My confounded-ness at GAF's opinion towards the film is less about "there are people who are disappointed about the movie that exist" or why the discussions get frequent again in certain timeframes, but it's more of a jab at the internet hyperbole machine (see Robot Pants' posts). On hindsight though, I think I went from "joking" to "semi-high horsing" after a certain point.

EGM1966

Well yeah it's not that bad but it's disappointing - and forever will be - as it's tied unbreakably to legacy of Alien and it didn't deliver to that standard.

It had some good to great performances (by great I mean Fassbender) and some nice scenes (mostly involving Fassbender again).

It had some dumb scenes and dialogue and overall it's narrative and the presentation of its themes were shaky and it has some editingbjank towards the end where excused scenes couldn't be removed neatly,

It does look lovely, the soundtrack is fine and a number of its action scenes are nicely choreographed.

It's very polished but inherently flawed.

Throw rocks at me if it aint so but remember I love 'em.

Oersted

Movie tried to be a von Däniken sci fi epic a la 2001 and a Alien movie. That didn't work for me. The von Däniken elements were to on the nose, the horror never captivated me. There was really nothing particularly interesting going on.

Lupercal

Banned
I find it very easy to ignore shitty sequels. But ignoring shitty previous entries seems quite a bit harder to me. I find it somewhat difficult to get invested in a story when I remember that the characters currently are in this situation because that nonsensical shit happened.

Sounds like you're making it hard on purpose.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
As a fan of the Alien series, I went in with high hopes.

The movie just dragged on with shit that frankly either made little sense or was utterly pointless. It was clearly dancing around the fact that Scott was conflicted as to whether to directly tie the film to the Alien series properly or not and the ending just left me saying "Oh, Fuck off" rather than the revelation it was meant to be.

I'm still going to watch the next installment because Scott has a free pass with me anyway, but he needs to stop his visual wankery at times and get on with it, so to speak.

I don't like getting philosophical on such a silly forum but u would be surprised just how much u can tell about someone not just if they like or dislike a movie, but how hard they're willing to go in on it

I disagree about my level of surprise at this notion, as I've seen a lot of people agreeing and disagreeing to varying degrees on thousands of films over the past 20+ decades of interest/fandom, and the number of times their skill/passion as an arts critic has determined their worth as a person is pretty much nil.

I personally have conflicts w ppl who get serious on how Prometheus sucks, and I didn't even love the movie

Again, this sounds a lot more like the elitism you're complaining about is your own.

I have friends who like that movie. A lot. I have a friend who has Episode II almost memorized, he's seen it (and enjoyed it) so much. I have a friend who thinks Shakedown starring Sam Elliott is one of the best movies ever made in the whole of the 1980s, and I have a friend who honestly believes Young Guns II is one of the five best sequels of all time.

All of those friends are friends, and friendly people, and generally decent. They will go to bat for those films, and shit with vigor all over things they know I like, and not once has my estimation of them as people diminished because they don't share my opinion on someone else's fucking movie.

It's just movies, man! They're fun to talk about, they're fun to think about, they're fun to argue about, but they're not litmus tests for friendship. They're not built for that.

mantidor

It'll always be one of my favorites. And on the topic of the stupid scientists... Being a scientist doesn't make you a tactical genius in all other facets of life. The over-inquisitiveness of Fifield and Millburn with little regard to their own safety was an exaggeration of the academic stereotype.

The scientists didn't fail at "strategy", they literally failed at what they are supposed to be good at, biology guy is freaked out about corpses and exited about touching an alien thingy, geology guy gets lost in the cave he made a freaking 3d map out of, etc, etc, and all of this goes without any explanation, it's the writer thinking he was being clever or "poetic" I guess.

And it's not just the characters, the plot itself is dumb, erratic and goes nowhere.

This movie is unsalvageable, people keep saying that "at least is beautiful" but I can only recall like some opening shots being pretty, the most interesting parts are just the background work of Giger lifted up from Alien, namely the space jockey and the alien ship, the rest was forgettable.

A certain number of folks on NeoGAF at least.

There's also a number of people on GAF that think Quantum of Solace is actually a great film too, but I'm not sure if that's related or not.

It's weird.

I'm a little gunshy about attributing that to the effects of a GAF Cult of Personality though. I remember once thinking that Batman Begins was being overestimated, and someone fed me the reciepts that proved otherwise and I had to choke those fuckers down.

So while I'm pretty sure a vocal minority of forumgoers here are lending the perception that Skyfall is somehow a disappointment and Quantum of Solace is a hidden gem in the Bond canon, I don't know if I'd call it such. I don't visit enough forums/social media to comfortably say the narrative here got hijacked early and taken to a strange place that resembles the outside world very little.

(But I don't get the Skyfall hate. I really don't)

Ryaaan14

Banned
I disagree about my level of surprise at this notion, as I've seen a lot of people agreeing and disagreeing to varying degrees on thousands of films over the past 20+ decades of interest/fandom, and the number of times their skill/passion as an arts critic has determined their worth as a person is pretty much nil.

Yea idk dude I would never devalue someone's worth as a person based on their movie taste. I'm talking about ppl I actually mesh with. That's kinda insane tbh

NewGame

Banned

Just beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q

It was a great movie, I liked it a lot. 8/10

I've only seen Alien 1 and Ressurection, so I'm not that much of a 'fan'.

I like it when movies throw something at me that I can work out. I don't think Prommy is difficult to understand, I think it just wants you to pay attention.

Yea idk dude I would never devalue someone's worth as a person based on their movie taste. I'm talking about ppl I actually mesh with. That's kinda insane tbh

And you opened by volunteering that you apparently judge these people you mesh with as being "elitist pricks" or something like that because they disagree with you on a movie, and further, that you've honestly caught your share of negative feelings over these people not liking the movie as much as you do, despite your not even liking the movie that much.

You're being snotty/snobby/elitist over whether or not your friends like movies the same way you like 'em.

Anyway, this cul-de-sac is way off topic, I apologize.

You misread the sentence

the number of times (their skill/passion as an arts critic has determined their worth as a person) is pretty much nil"

EGM1966

I legit had no idea people disliked Skyfall.

There will be people who dislike something: simple law of averages.

The question is what percentage are they and how good an arguement do they have vs the critical standards of the medium?

In the case of Skytfall I'd say not much. I't s a very solid Bond and a solid film.

It's weird.

I'm a little gunshy about attributing that to the effects of a GAF Cult of Personality though. I remember once thinking that Batman Begins was being overestimated, and someone fed me the reciepts that proved otherwise and I had to choke those fuckers down.

So while I'm pretty sure a vocal minority of forumgoers here are lending the perception that Skyfall is somehow a disappointment and Quantum of Solace is a hidden gem in the Bond canon, I don't know if I'd call it such. I don't visit enough forums/social media to comfortably say the narrative here got hijacked early and taken to a strange place that resembles the outside world very little.

(But I don't get the Skyfall hate. I really don't)

I've been to my fair share of sites. I still dunno if I'm right here, but as far as I can tell from my personal experience, GAF is the first and only place I've ever seen with a serious crowd that holds a hate-boner for Skyfall. But that's just my personal experience.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if /tv/ over at 4chan hates it too- but then, that's because /tv/ kinda thrives on hating.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You misread the sentence

"number of times (their skill/passion as an arts critic has determined their worth as a person) is pretty much nil"

I understood the sentence, I was correcting his presumption of me.

And you opened by volunteering that you apparently judge these people you mesh with as being "elitist pricks" or something like that because they disagree with you on a movie, and further, that you've honestly caught your share of negative feelings over these people not liking the movie as much as you do, despite your not even liking the movie that much.

You're being snotty/snobby/elitist over whether or not your friends like movies the same way you like 'em.

Anyway, this cul-de-sac is way off topic, I apologize.

I feel like elitist pricks should embrace who they are. Maybe that's just my opinion. If I run into a conversation where I know my opinion isn't popular I have no shame in admitting it.

riotous

Banned
Not gonna hate on anyone for liking it but I thought it was terrible; the second the "scientists" ripped off their air masks or whatever and totally cool bro'd out in the caves I groaned myself to sleep. Theron's character was so campy and weird too I didn't know what to make of it.

Absolutely. Mass Effect 1 and 2 work perfectly fine as games and stories regardless of what 3 did or didn't do

The Matrix, Jurassic Park, Die Hard, Alien, Star Wars, Terminator, and so on. The originals (and the good sequels) aren't somehow retroactively altered by the shit elements of their franchises. It's silly to suggest it's some constant that must happen. It really is only a thing if you decide to make it a thing

No, that's putting your category flags in the wrong places. Mass Effect 1-2-3 has elements to go between the games (the reapers, yes, but also the citadel, main characters, organizations, etc) and are clearly meant to back each other up as one holistic story, which it then spectacularly failed to do at the end, effectively making the whole investment not really worth it. You can pretend they're good as individual games, but you can't unthink that you know the story will suck at the end anyway, so what's the point of fooling yourself.

All the movies that you mentioned are made without a sequel in mind, and are diegetically closed, meaning that all elements are contained to just that one movie and the story is finished within that one products. Sequels may use elements from previous movies, but they are their own thing all the way, regardless of whether they are actually related to the "previous" movie or not.
For instance: I do not consider the Star Wars prequels to be actually related to the first three movies, because they were never meant to be, nor can they be because everything was closed of at the end of Jedi. However, Jedi could easily have become a "mass effect 3" to Empire since it left the door open for that sequel, similar to Matrix Revolutions to Matrix Reloaded. It's just that Empire is less obvious about that sequel hook, and it wasn't conventional to have one of that caliber at the time.

Nowadays however, that is unfortunately more common and it makes movies a lot shittier because now they're just ads for the sequel without an actual story. Because stories have a beginning, middle, and end, and are thereby closed.
Similarly, none of the first three alien movies are actually related to one another because all of them are closed off at the end. Resurrection is a weird one because if you're like me then you feel that that movie doesn't properly close at the end, considering it seems to end on a literal sequel hook. AvP is the schlock bonus round and I don't understand why people consider that anything other than that, as if the title would mean it's somehow in the same universe as the other movies... like, how?

Anyway, similarly, PREQUELS like Prometheus are products created by artificial pre-sequel hook, where the publisher pretends that there was something important -there isn't- about anything before another movie, as if they are totally related - they are not. It's nothing than an extremely silly marketing strategy of getting people to see a completely irrelevant movie for a story that doesn't fucking matter because nobody would reasonably have any reason to care about it. So basically Prometheus, Rogue One, Heart of the sea (or whatever that was called), Fantastic Beasts And Where To Conveniently Lose Them As An Excuse For Plot, and so on are all just more phantom menaces -pun intended- for the sake of being able to sell crap that is actually completely unrelated to the supposed 'sequel'. It's like releasing Mass Effect 2 after 3. As if you would give a fuck at that point.

And that's really what Prometheus is and why it's not just a crappy movie on its own (in which case it would probably be a 'Best of the Worst' winner on account of schlock value), but it also has the pretense of being actually related to something that does work, whereas it is neither related, wanted, or functional.
And that's pretty much the case for all prequels by the way. Imagine if EA made a 'Mass Effect 0' where they expect you to care about stuff that is now irrelevant, you'd feel the same way. Abandoning that universe in favor of a soft reboot was really the only option they had with Andromeda.
Btw, since most game stories do not actually close properly in favor of 'see you at the sequel' hooks, their stories can be insanely unrewarding or even delusional when you know five minutes in there's never going to be a sequel. (so like Prometheus, basically) Friendly advice for any would-be writing career: CLOSE THE DAMN STORY.

Speaking of writing, I've already made a long ass post on why Prometheus is not ambiguous but just confusing for confusion sake in the writing threads. So it's like I need to explain another goddamn time why it doesn't work. Oh right I just did. Again. Sigh.

#OMGsoELITIST

GhaleonEB

I like it when important things happen in a story, and then more things happen as a consequence. Cause and effect stuff. And also characters who talk about what happened.

It's basic stuff, but neither of those very important things happen in Prometheus. To draw the obvious example, Alien has this wonderful cadence to it where the characters sit around and talk about what to do next after things happen. Should they land? Who's going in? What do we do now? Oh fuck, Kane's dead. What do we do now? And the story builds directly upon those things. Along the way the established tensions among the characters play out against the rising strain of events and the result is compelling as hell. A leads to B leads to we're fucked.

In Prometheus Shaw gives birth to a giant squid and it is a great sequence. It's also a total non-event in terms of the story and is forgotten the moment she stumbles down the hallway in her underwear and falls through the door into the 3rd act. Another character returns from the dead as a melted mutant and tears through most of the security staff. That's kind of a big deal? Like, it just killed a half dozen people! Not only does this lead to absolutely nothing in the story, but it's barely even acknowledged by other characters.

In any semi-decent script events like those are hugely consequential, but Scott is content to have them be neat set pieces totally detached from the story. There's a lot of that in the film. Space penis snake anyone? They just chucked that shit at the screen and called it a story, not bothering to fit the pieces together.

The film starts to get interesting when the two women, who have this nice rivalry/tension simmering through the film, are the last survivors and make it to the surface. Maye we'll see those tensions play out as events unfol....oh fuck she ran straight for some reason. There goes that.

On the plus side, Idris Elba gives a nicely understated performance, where he conveys almost wordlessly how his character is putting the pieces together and understands the stakes, and what he's gotta do. His final moment is kinda robbed by there being those two useless co-pilots, but hey.

Prometheus is pretty. It has some neat sequences, and great cinematography. But in terms of script, this thing makes Independence Day: Resurgence look like a masterpiece of narrative craft. In theaters, I went back and forth on whether being pretty was good enough. Maybe it was as a dumb as bricks theatrical experience, and the spectacle was enough in the moment, but the film is posturing to be so much smarter than that, and it all posturing. The script is as bright as the scientist who petted the alien snake penis.

Donos

Add me to the "don't hate" pile.

And cream of the crop... Lol Like others said,they are just people or did you forgot the one female nasa astronaut attempted murder case, or how US secret service people did sex parties or i just read a case where a female fbi agent was observing all communications of a former berlin (germany) Gangster rapper who went to Syria to fight with IS. Well it seems she liked what she heard because she deserted to Syria to marry him. Came back after a couple of months though, saying "I've made a mistake" and "i was weak".

All rather "cream of the crop" jobs.

Has it faults but the not in the way some like to paint it. But opinions and everything.
Thread reminded me that there is another one just around the corner. Totally forgot that.

Movie tried to be a von Däniken sci fi epic a la 2001 and a Alien movie. That didn't work for me. The von Däniken elements were to on the nose, the horror never captivated me. There was really nothing particularly interesting going on.

That "human master race" thing is a pretty common trope these days though, even if it's less obvious in say, Halo 3 onwards, Assassin's Creed 2 onwards, and others.

What's really weird is that Gods of Egypt plays that "alternative history comic book" angle straight, and it got nothing but shit for it. Not to call it suddenly good (good Horus, no), but the lack of self-aware reflection of what that movie actually is versus what everyone assumed really bummed me out a bit about movie discussions.

JoduanER2

I'm sorry but I don't know what to tell you besides you have bad taste in movies if you enjoyed this and thought the writing was "on point"

The character motivations in this gigantic piece of shit of a movie are so laughable. I can't understand how anyone can defend it. Anyone. I might even have to add you to my ignore list for making this thread trying to defend it.

It's such an awful movie through and through and it's been discussed as to why through and through (since you know, GAF loves to shit on it.)

It's pretty to look at but when someone asks me the worst movie I've ever seen, without hesitation I can say "Prometheus"

What the hell, really???!

jeemer

I grow weary of 'Movie X was not that bad' when literally everybody already agreed it was. And considering the title of the thread is literally aimed at me, I felt it was required.

there are literally a bunch of people in this thread who agree that it was either 'not that bad' or better.

when someone asks me the worst movie I've ever seen, without hesitation I can say "Prometheus"

Oh, this is satire cause of the title mentioning gaf hyperbole. Gotcha.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Weyland hired some stupid ass crew to sheppard him on his final voyage.

It's a visually stunning film with fantastic sound design but the characters are mostly terrible with characteristics that seem counter to their profession. David probably is the saving grace amongst them. Idris playing the pilot was alright as well.

Reckless douche that takes his space helmet off in an alien atmosphere because....? Check.

3D Map guy getting lost. Check.

Alien snake pet friend. Check.

Straight line runners. Check.

It also always irked me just a bit that they stumble upon the installations instantly as they make planet fall. Makes sense pacing wise but it came across too contrived imo.

Maledict

My favourite bit was the fact the film is so badly edited a guy who is killed in one scene then later turns up completely unharmed (only to die again of course). How the hell was that missed.

Carcetti

Prometheus is horrible because it reaches too far.

It's a beautiful but thoroughly stupid B-movie slasher that somehow thinks it's an intelligent scifi movie with a message. It's like Friday the 13th Part XXVII pretending to be Arrival. And the people act so unconvincingly that it's impossible to take even the horror parts seriously.

But at least it looks good.

But dude all this tells me is you don't watch a lot of movies huhuhuhu

I agree with you 100%
Dude you threatened to put someone on the ignore list because they had the audacity to find enjoyment in a movie you didn't like... You have to see the difference here.

Prometheus is one of the few genuinely bad movies which tries to take itself seriously but is so bad that it becomes a self-parody. The script is bad, the characters are bad, the acting is bad, it's just so bad. The big budget allows for fantastic visuals but it has the underlying quality of a Sci-Fi Channel movie. It's just an awful, awful film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom