• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: A Native PS5 Version of Minecraft Will Be Releasing Soon

Info came to light via a recent posting on the /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit:

Now that Microsoft have their PS5 development kits, it looks like the long awaited native PS5 version of the game is not far away from release.

Title Ids for the PS5 version have recently been published on the PSN backend:

PPSA19638_00
PPSA19639_00
PPSA19640_00

Last edited:
images

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sweet.

I love Minecraft, especially creative mode. Hopefully this version comes out with RT support. Fingers crossed 🤞

onQ123

Can we have a native version of Series S/X after 4 years?
It would be kinda messed up if they optimize their biggest game for PS5 but not for Series X/S . But I guess the plan is to get PlayStation owners to sign in to Xbox to pad the numbers.

PaintTinJr

What benefits would this bring ? My son just started playing MC.
If he's just started with the Java edition, then absolutely nothing he can't live without.

My youngest put two straight years into a bedrock version on a Switch OLED and at Xmas when Santa kindly got her a 3in1 transformer PC to play the Java edition outside her desk PC limitations, instead of an iPad on her santa list, she's never looked back at the Switch, and loves the "game" - toolbox - more than ever.

It probably helped I ran her up a new server on the PI400 using Paper/Spigot MC server and added Java edition OptiFineHD graphics mod to every Java MC copy in the house to add-in PS4 AAA level graphics rendering techniques, but after the early stages of Minecraft the free self server Java edition for multiplayer is the only cost effective way to go IMO, if your child is using the game like a lego set.

If you are going the PC java edition way, there is a very good easy maintenance free turnkey setup script at this link with fantastic performance using paperMC/spigot to run your own server on RPI - even if you don't want to dive into the garbage collection flags of Java's runtime or routinely use sdkman to install the latest open source java editions on your PI to eek more performance.

PaintTinJr

Raytracing I'd assume.

Crazy we could be in a timeline where MS does more for PSVR2 than Sony in terms of software support, yet here we (maybe) are o.0
I wonder if PSVR2 will be getting a big boost in the US this month, anyway. popular youtuber Jordan Matter dropped off a PS5/PSVR2 present recently to his daughter's popular youtuber gymnastic flipping friend - who is a fan of VR - (Nidal Wonder) that was in a serious accident needing brain surgery and is banged up with broken leg in a wheelchair currently

Top Bottom