• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: A space related game might be revealed at the PS4 Spike TV event tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May be already posted, but...

Zs9uR3m.jpg

:lol

Adam Blue

Uncharted in space - Drake does some relic searching that leads to soviet-era technology that leads to what the real cold war was - a space battle. With his discoveries, the U.S. govt asks him to come aboard a exploration vessel to check out abandoned space stations and moon bases the public never knew about.

It could either stay relatively grounded or go as far as uncovering an ancient alien artifact on the moon or just aliens in general.

Concept17

Holy tap dancing Christ.

Your move Naughty Dog.

That was rather... not impressive? It's cool he did it on his own, but beyond the foliage and the insane amount of sunlight, there wasn't much to marvel at. If he had made an actual gameplay demo, it may have been more impressive, but a few assets with the technical help of UDK isn't very amazing.

Cool!

If true I'd say Colony Wars is an obvious choice, although he says one of Sony's biggest exclusives so I guess CW is out.

Uncharted in space?

Would be really great to explore an alien planet or something if they could tie it into a fittingly pulpy story that was somewhat plausible. Aside from that I have no clue.

He didn't phrase it like that at all actually :/ The info in the OP is fairly inaccurate vs what was actually said.

Literally this is what he said about the franchise in question:

Kevin: I got a little inside secret

Brian: Uh-oh

Kevin: About a certain franchise that Sony has

Emily: Is this going to be announced on Thursday because I heard a thing that might be announced Thursday

Kevin: Is it about one of Sony’s favourite franchises?

Emily: Hmm-hmm.

Brian: Oh no

Emily: Oh yeah!

Kevin: Is this an area we have charted before in our discussion?

Emily: <laughs> <claps>

What. How the fuck did the reddit OP come up with what he said from that?

I would LOVE a next gen Syphon Filter. That was the first game I ever played with rumbl, and the potential for the franchise in general is skyhigh.

Interesting? I wonder if they're updating an original before working on a next gen sequel?

Also - I know it was probably shut down - but wasn't there a 4chan rumour that a game called Gravity Crash was going to be announced tonight?

There is a PS3 game called Gravity Crash, which came out back in about 2009. I don't recall it being very good, particularly compared to the superior PixelJunk Shooter which released around the same time. I think the Vita is getting a port, but I really hope this isn't the PS4 game they're hinting at.

I'd be giddy with excitement were it the next game from ND or SSM. Although I'd rather they develop a new IP than reboot an existing one. Savage Starlight would be the best thing in the world from ND. I really hope it's not Uncharted... IN SPACE! Because that would be pretty lame.

That was rather... not impressive? It's cool he did it on his own, but beyond the foliage and the insane amount of sunlight, there wasn't much to marvel at. If he had made an actual gameplay demo, it may have been more impressive, but a few assets with the technical help of UDK isn't very amazing.

Maybe I'm easily impressed, but that's the best looking rendition of the Crash universe I've ever seen. The art style was well maintained, and the abundance of stylized foliage makes for a lush, very Crash bandicoot-esque environment, what I'd imagine a next-fen Crash would have looked like. I'm talking purely visuals here. I agree, it is overly sunny though.

Ark

You're all missing the obvious bit; 'biggest' franchise? Has to be Gran Turismo. The GT6 trailer has a moon biggy driving on the moon, the car list even has the moon buggy.

Polyphony has been secretly developing a spaceship sim/hardcore Wipeout game. That's why Sony closed Liverpool amd PD moved to bigger offices. Definitely makes the most sense.

I wouldn't know what to feel if ths happens

Seeing as we all seem to be posting everything and anything tangentially related to a 'space' theme that appeared on a Sony platform -

wild9-f4.jpg

I liked this game at the time, it was a fun platformer with 'tude. The grabby ray gun was cool.

But I'm guessing something Psygnosis, G-Police or Colony Wars. Psygnosis is back y'all, Shadow of the Beast and now this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom