• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Alert - Diablo III headed to PS Vita [Update: iPad as well]

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
haha wouldn't it be funny if it wasn't announced. To pretend to have inside info and then get banned cause it doesn't happen. You'd have to be a real BOZO for that to happen!
image.php

Real talk, though: op your avatar is disgusting and you moved goalposts from 'vita/ipad' to home consoles. So even if they announce D3 for PS4 you deserve little praise.

Gravijah

http://qty.se/~gujjdo/cache/image.php?id=383442[IMG]

Real talk, though: op your avatar is disgusting and you moved goalposts from 'vita/ipad' to home consoles. So even if they announce D3 for PS4 you deserve little praise.[/QUOTE]

But it's just champagne.

Terra

Yeah...like I'm going to waste more money on products from Blizzard. I don't think so. That clusterfest that was Diablo 3-release this summer, was the worst thing that I have ever experienced in my gaming life.

Belgorim

Yeah...like I'm going to waste more money on products from Blizzard. I don't think so. That clusterfest that was Diablo 3-release this summer, was the worst thing that I have ever experienced in my gaming life.

Holy shit at the ignorance and hyperbole. It has come to the point that I'm laughing out loud at posts like these :)

Terra

Holy shit at the ignorance and hyperbole. It has come to the point that I'm laughing out loud at posts like these :)

Call it whatever you want. I was there to witness it. It was just a mess of stuff not working, constant lag and servers down. Excuses and more fails. Add to that, a short campaign and gaming experience that falls flat in comparison with the second game. I could go on, but I'll stay there. I am simply not a fan of Blizzard anymore.

D3 was a good game at release and with all of the post-release support, has become a great game. Not a perfect game-not even close-but if you want action and loot (in that order), the game is fabulous.

The problem with consoles is that core thing that actually makes Diablo 3 good-the super fluid combat against a huge number of enemies done at a frenetic pace-(gotta go fast-need that gold/hour or xp/hour to stay high!) would totally not work on the Vita's screen, wonderful as it is. D3 on the Vita would have the same issues that Wipeout 2048 did with it's last few tracks, as the screen's size/resolution and the game's framerate couldn't keep up with the rate of information needed to be returned to the player.

That's nothing to say of the huge drop-off in precision and responsiveness that would happen on the controls moving from M&K to gamepads or the Vita's controls.

edit: ipad? LOL. Enjoy your paragon level grind at 500k XP/hour, touch controls would gut the game's responsive play completely.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
His avatar is Prince Fielder during the celebration for the Brewers making it to the playoffs.

I don't see an always-online game on Vita or iPad, but who knows. Consoles, maybe.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Dear Sony/Blizzard: Release the auction house as a standalone Vita app, and let us log into both at once so we can check stuff while playing.

Grief.exe

During the Diablo 3 development, you got the feeling that the game was being considerably dumbed down.

Skill trees essentially gone (get a perk at certain levels), no attributes, less skills overall, fixed amount of usable abilities, and more.

Probably because they were looking for an easy way into the console market.

Top Bottom