• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) Batman Arkham Origins shown at E3 2013

Hystzen

Because all prequels of major titles this year have done so well (suppose it was more to fact we had no interest in a gears of God Of War prequel)

DieH@rd

Banned
Because all prequels of major titles this year have done so well (suppose it was more to fact we had no interest in a gears of God Of War prequel)

This prequel however, aims to change the formula of the original game. We will freaking witness the gathering of JLA in AAA action-adventure-metroidvania game! Nextgen game even!

If that's not hype worthy, nothing is.

ReiGun

If this whole "silver-age" rumor shakes out and the ends up feeling like "Batman: Brave and the Bold," I'm there day -10.

No_Style

Mva8d8r.jpg

That's the first thing that came to mind as well. A 2D brawler & platformer. That would be glorious!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nobody said that the prequel will be open world...

Considering he prefaced the question with, "But they went open world. This will be open world again; assuming the rumour is true.", I assume it's within the context of an open-world Gotham City.

sflufan

Banned
I thought they were gonna make an Arkham World where the game would be the size of the world in terms of exploration and story progression.

If you enter the museum after finishing Arkham City, you can overhear a conversation between some thugs who talk about what's next: Arkham County, Arkham World, or Arkham Universe. One of thugs tells the other that no one is that crazy :eek:P

Of course it's going to be a prequel, how else are they going to centre the entire bloody thing around the Joker yet again? Never mind that Batman has the best rogues gallery in comics or anything.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Batman Arkham Origins. This time, the story will apparently take place around the 50s or 60s, and other members of the Justice League would also appear in the game.

not sure if I like this.

Listen WB/DC,Just give me Mark of the Ninja clone but with Casandra Cain/Blackbat.

Liamario

Banned
I prefer the more focused Metroidvania style of Asylum.

Surely you wouldn't say 'no' to an open world, with loads of crimes to solve?

I'm not talking spiderman shitty side missions. I'm talking about quality missions/stories/crimes. The same quality as what's in the previous games.

Surely you wouldn't say 'no' to an open world, with loads of crimes to solve?

I'm not talking spiderman shitty side missions. I'm talking about quality missions/stories/crimes. The same quality as what's in the previous games.

Great Idea, Impossible in execution.

bryanee

City>Asylum

I love them both. If possible I'd make sweet videogamey love to both games at the same time whilst wearing a Batman costume.

dan2026

The more open world it is, the more unpolished and janky it will become.

A tighter more focused experience is the way.

Sullichin

I would really love a Batman game set in the No Man's Land universe. I'm not a fan of cheezy Batman at all, so I hope it doesn't go that route.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What a terrible name.

Will buy blindly off the strength of Arkham City/Asylum. Wonder what they'll do to shake up the formula mechanically.

dan2026

Its time to mix things up with some co-op methinks.
Or at the very least give me multiple playable characters.

Get some Bat-family in there for god sakes.

Give me some Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Red Hood, Batman Incorporated, I don't care.

Tagg9

How is this a surprise? It's been two years since the last Arkham game and you can bet WB is trying to get a sequel out as fast as possible.

Dany

Banned
Isn't the next game set in the 50's? or using that motif? It makes sense to call it Origins and Arkham is the brand name for Rocksteady games.

It would have been cool if they made a jump and called it: "Batman Gotham City" or something similar, branching out into the whole city of Gotham.

An Origin game could be used as a great commentary on the real-world public perception of what Batman should look/act like by taking place in the Adam West era and eventually morphing into the modern dystopia of AA/AC due to Arkham's revolving door problem leading to an escalation in outcome from what were once goofy villains. It could start in West-era, change to the TAS/Burton era where villains were real threats to the populace but still not cutthroat, and finish in the super-serious AC/Nolan era.

Sephzilla

I'm conflicted.

I'd like to see Rocksteady have a crack at a completely open world Gotham City game. But at the same time, from a writing standpoint their last two Batman games like to fall apart in the third act.

Batman TAS please.

batman.jpg

a man can dream.

Part of me secretly hoped that when you equipped the Batman TAS skin in Arkham City it would reskin the entire game to be from TAS.

Top Bottom