• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Batman Arkham Remastered Collection Is Still Coming (Summer 2016)

These two

Batman: Arkham Legacy

GmoB1Nd.png

In fact, I have bad news for ya'll: calling Arkham Knight one of the "worst ports of all time" still isn't accurate, and I guarantee you it only got the response it did because it was the first high-profile "bad port" released after the advent of Steam refunds.

It's a bad port and I'm sorry PC players got a crappy version, but there's no way in hell its a worse port than Saints Row 2, Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3, Deadly Premonition, or even Dark Souls 1. Shit I'd say Tales of Symphonia got it worse.

Saiyan-Rox

Include Origins and it's a day one purchase. Without it, sorry but no.

Origins was a greatly underrated game that suffered through game breaking bugs and glitches that the team intentionally decided to not fix, which was unacceptable. To not include the game, fixed and visually upgraded, with the others would just come off as an immature gesture to pretend that the game never existed, when in reality it has some great aspects worthy of the "Arkham" name.

For real. The hate for Arkham Knight was hyperbole at its worst. It has its flaws, no doubt, but it's a fucking fantastic Batman game despite its failure to reach the astronomical expectations of a lot of the fanbase.

Arkham Knight was one of the best games I played last year. Totally loved that game and I even played it on PC before the 2nd massive patch.

What the hell does a guy have to do to play Origins? They really don't want me to play their game. When the others are on sale, Origins isn't. Whenever Batman Collection is rumored Origins is mia.

My god.

JTripper

What the hell does a guy have to do to play Origins? They really don't want me to play their game. When the others are on sale, Origins isn't. Whenever Batman Collection is rumored Origins is mia.

My god.

If they REALLY wanna bury Origins, they'll release this collection without it but with Origins: Blackgate instead.

My god.

Yeah. I've played the first two to Death. Missed out on Origin on PS3 and I'm dying to try it out. Hell I even played Blackgate on Vita.

My god.

God knows. I don't really understand the hate for it, WB Montreal made quite the job. Props to the PC Version.

Also, at anyone who says Rocksteady hates AO is completely dillusional and seem to not have even read what they had to say about it.

Enilced2

Honestly if its more than a just a higher res upgrade and they actually revamp them with Arkham Knight level fidelity I am down.

MUnited83

For you.
Not including the best one? Why even do this if they aren't going to include it? Dumb decision if true.

Origins did not have the best story unless you're confusing "best story" with "biggest set pieces."

And this is WB, no way in hell are they gonna fix any bugs.

It seems a bit strange to be releasing a "remastered collection" that you want to be big enough to justify a retail release, and only include two games that have both gone for less than five bucks in a Humble Bundle, though.

Nope. It have the best story, and it did have the better writing.

DJChuy

Shame about no Origins, but I'd still get it. Asylum is my favorite mainly because of the atmosphere and seems to be the most focused out of the 4.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Is it gonna have a PC version?

EDIT: Doesn't even look like it's gonna have a PC version, based on the survey! HA!

Pretty sure these essentially are the PC versions.

You actually like how they flat-out broke the combat in AO?

THANK you. I cannot comprehend how anyone calls AO the best of the four. It was a complete disaster in terms of the combat. It's like they didn't understand why Rocksteady's combat system worked at all.

Make all of them with the Arkham Knight Engine and I'll gladly pay another $60.
Yeah, that's really the only thing that would get me to pen my wallet for this. AK is arguably one of the best looking games of all time - if Asylum and City were raised to the same standard, I'd gladly pay full price for the pair.

I'd be excited for an AA remake. Completely redone encounter and gameplay design, updated level design, different art style and altered plot

Perfect opportunity for WB to make some bank with the both the Arkham games and their soon to be announced Superman game ;)

Yeah, there's likely two scenarios here:

1. WB Montreal is in charge of the port while they buy time for Rocksteady to make a full fledged Superman game. They probably need more time to port Origins so its ignored.

2. Rocksteady has two teams, Team A is making Superman while Team B is porting their own two titles, again to buy them time and put resources to good use. They don't want to touch Origins because they had nothing to do with it.

I actually really hope Rocksteady's next game isn't Superman. Or DC comics. Or any comics.

Matter of fact I wanna see them make an original IP.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah, there's likely two scenarios here:

1. WB Montreal is in charge of the port while they buy time for Rocksteady to make a full fledged Superman game. They probably need more time to port Origins so its ignored.

I think we assume they have been working on something since October 2013, and they are hardly taking time off to do a port.

Maybe WB are outsourcing it.

I really would prefer that they include Origins but honestly, Ill get it either way. Im still really hoping that they are doing a proper remaster job on here.

DAY ONE! This and Bioshock/Dead Space/Mass Effect collections would allow me to shelve last gen stuff for good.

Although having Origins would be the icing on the cake, especially with the DLC. Never played the DLC which people seem positive on.

I also loved AK- it was probably my second fave in the series after Asylum and if it had nixed some of the later Batmobile stuff it would have been closer to tying for first.

My god.

It was literally like just on sale a week or two ago on PSN. All the WB games were. Asylum and City were like $10 each and Origins plus all the DLC or Season Pass or whatever the fuck it's called was less than $20. I think that actually buying the game itself was more than the game plus season pass during the sale, even.

So this is what the gaming industry has come to...Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Arkham games, but these type of things are leading to an gaming industry overpopulated with "remasters"....

Bizzquik

Rocksteady's seeming disdain for Origins ticks me off.

Origins is a flawed gem. I loved the story it told, and its festive Christmas season backdrop.

Include it in the collection or I won't buy.

/survey

pizzacat

Banned
asylum > knight > origins > city

thats besides the point, I need this and the Bioshock one and yeah I know its on pc guys don't worry

HardRojo

Yeah, as much as Origins felt like City 2.0, it was still a great game and would benefit a lot from a re-release with some fixes here and there. Make it happen WB! All 3 games and you got money.

Top Bottom