• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Batman Arkham Remastered Collection Is Still Coming (Summer 2016)

I love how people is always willing to buy again games they already bought 5 years ago, they're basically selling the PS360 gen for the second time.

Asylum > City, after that one I didn't bother playing the series anymore.

- Some people may have never owned these games

- Some people may have sold these games

- Some people want better playing versions of their favorite games

- Basically, not everyone is you

Banned
Yeah, there's likely two scenarios here:

1. WB Montreal is in charge of the port while they buy time for Rocksteady to make a full fledged Superman game. They probably need more time to port Origins so its ignored.

2. Rocksteady has two teams, Team A is making Superman while Team B is porting their own two titles, again to buy them time and put resources to good use. They don't want to touch Origins because they had nothing to do with it.
Rocksteady doesn't have enough staff for two teams. That's why they couldn't develop the PC version of AK in house while the first two games were in house.

spiderferi

People saying Origins is the best in the series is driving me nuts.

Asylum was a huge surprise, came outta nowhere and was my 2009's GOTY. that Atmosphere, that gameplay. the only problem was the final boss fight which was not perfect like the other aspects of that game.

Asylum is a classic.

8bit

Knows the Score
People saying Origins is the best in the series is driving me nuts.

Asylum was a huge surprise, came outta nowhere and was my 2009's GOTY. that Atmosphere, that gameplay. the only problem was the final boss fight which was not perfect like the other aspects of that game.

Asylum is a classic.

I agree with this, before Asylum there hadn't been a good Batman game then Rocksteady nailed it so well they couldn't top it themselves.

im_dany

- Get a PS3/360 and play them

- Why sell games if you want to play them again?

- PC does exist and, unless they're full remakes (which they won't), they won't be significantly better

- That's probably the reason why they can keep selling old games as new. The only game I bought again is GTA5 because of the lack of updates for old gen versions, and I still bought it on sale, surely not for full price.

I bet if a collection comes they won't be available for backward compatibility on X1, which would be just another "F you" coming from WB to all the gamers

- PC does exist and, unless they're full remakes (which they won't), they won't be significantly better

- That's probably the reason why they can keep selling old games as new. The only game I bought again is GTA5 because of the lack of updates for old gen versions, and I still bought it on sale, surely not for full price.

I bet if a collection comes they won't be available for backward compatibility on X1, which would be just another "F you" coming from WB to all the gamers

"People should stop buying remasters"

*rebuys GTA V*

lol

Tizoc

In my case input off playing arkham city since the day i bought it on ps3
Beat it last year on my lappy and i had a blast

Banned

Ok, stop. You're embarrassing yourself. People are entitled to buy what they want and you just contradicted your own point by buying GTA 5 remastered despite saying it wasn't full price.

You really trust them with PC Ports?
Well to be fair the PC version of all other arkham games were fine. That's probably why AK was such a shock and disappointment. RIP Iron Galaxy Studios finding work.

im_dany

Havent played any of these yet. What order should the be played in. Think its time I gave these a try. Thanks

I may be wrong (played the first two years ago) but they weren't linked. Haven't played the next ones so I don't know about them.

I liked Asylum more. The gameplay is basically the same (button smashing action), but the map in Asylum was more metroidvania-like, meanwhile City was "open world" filled with riddles.

"People should stop buying remasters"

*rebuys GTA V*

lol

Rockstar stopped PS360 support for GTA:O in september, which is why I bought it again in december. If they didn't, I would've kept playing it for free instead of spending more money for something I already own.

Unless you add more content or remake the graphics (assets, polygons, etc), I find no reason to re-buy something I already own.

Ok, stop. You're embarrassing yourself. People are entitled to buy what they want and you just contradicted your own point by buying GTA 5 remastered despite saying it wasn't full price.
You're free to do what you want with your money, but I can't criticize you?
It's like saying someone that smokes can't say smoking is bad, because "you smoke! you don't count!" lol.

If this collection is confirmed for console-only, that means they're going to port the PC versions with high settings.

despire

Yes it is more reasonable to buy another console or a pc in order to play these games than want a remaster for current gen. Lmao

AA is one of the best games of last gen and I'd like to replay it with my PS4 at 1080/60fps. What's so difficult to understnd about it?

You're free to do what you want with your money, but I can't criticize you?
It's like saying someone that smokes can't say smoking is bad, because "you smoke! you don't count!" lol.

If this collection is confirmed for console-only, that means they're going to port the PC versions with high settings.

Yeah... So you feel a better use of one's money is buying a deprecated console and the associated suite of games rather than simply buying a remaster that st the very least will look or run a little better?

Good call man.

im_dany

Yeah... So you feel a better use of one's money is buying a deprecated console and the associated suite of games rather than simply buying a remaster that st the very least will look or run a little better?

Good call man.
Why would you sell your old console if you want to replay some of your games?

They may run better than the original, but compared to other games they'll look worse unless they're good remakes.

Yes it is more reasonable to buy another console or a pc in order to play these games than want a remaster for current gen. Lmao

AA is one of the best games of last gen and I'd like to replay it with my PS4 at 1080/60fps. What's so difficult to understnd about it?

Backward compatibility is
/was
a thing.

Origins had the best representation of Batman and the best story out of all 4 of them. They need to include it if a collection is coming, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't buy it without it.

Neff

I still have Asylum, City and Origins, and I still have the consoles I bought them for, but that doesn't stop me wanting better versions of them on the PS4 I mainly use now.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Why would you sell your old console if you want to replay some of your games?

They may run better than the original, but compared to other games they'll look worse unless they're good remakes.

The PC versions of Asylum and City are beautiful even today. Even if this collection is just the PC versions ported to the new systems, it will be a noticeable upgrade.

Busty

Banned
I wonder if this Arkham redux will be WB's big tie in game for Batman V Superman this year with a Suicide Squad game from WB Montreal to be released Q4 2016?

That would allow Rocksteady to have a big 'AAA' project based on the DCU for Q4 2017 which could tie in with the release of the Justice League film.

Also, did Warner Bros end up being the biggest video game publisher of 2015? I know that by market share they were number one before the fourth quarter, and Xmas rush, began.

thelastword

Banned
Looking at the amount of time this is taking, I suspect these remasters would look closer to Arkham Knight. Should they go for AK visuals at locked 30 or go for midway visuals between the vanilla releases and AK at 60fps?????

jediyoshi

Did AA really need a remaster?? I guess it's to milk it a little more on the new systems!

zBZWZ5t.jpg

1zSmDcm.jpg

I can think of worse ideas than bringing the visual fidelity up alongside Arkham Knight

8bit

Knows the Score
People keep mentioning a Rocksteady Superman game.
Is there any validity to this at all?

There was a picture of a Superman character selection thing last year which doesn't seem to have been from anything identifiable so far. Not sure anyone could make a good Superman game though without it being cosmically over the top.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Did AA really need a remaster?? I guess it's to milk it a little more on the new systems!

Nothing needs to be remastered, but there are a lot of people that want it so what's the harm?

Asylum is a classic.

Thinking Origins is the best doesn't mean anyone is disagreeing with a single thing you're saying here.

I can think of worse ideas than bringing the visual fidelity up alongside Arkham Knight

There's no way they put that much work into this if it's happening.

Huh?

Neo Member
Origins had the best story of all 4 and would benefit from some bug fixing for an HD release.

This is why I actually want this one to get a remastered version the most. Or at least as much as the other two. Tweak a few minor things and fix the bugs and it's a really good game IMO.

Top Bottom