• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR : Bottled Mountain Dew Baja Blast coming in May 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Banned
North Jersey here, went to Walmart and a bunch of other places with no luck but finally found em at Stop and Shop.

Bought three 12-packs so I'm set for a while.

Milennia

going to search for some tomorrow when i walk around the mall, since my buddy is going for a job interview and i don't have shit to do whilst he's in.
^ may do what sean did and head to a stop and shop in north jersey lol.

malfcn

JtiF7vQ.jpg

If you live in the Midwest, Hy-vee is selling 3 12-Packs of Pepsi products for $8.

God bless this country

My 12 packs look different.

vu3Rmbm.jpg

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
My wife came home with a couple 12 cases yesterday, she said it was the last they had at the store.

FTF

Was just at 7-11 and they were selling individual bottles...went to buy one then noticed it said 74g of sugar lol fuck that.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I found my first bottle! And it definitely tastes like the stuff from Taco Bell.
Shame it's going to go away later. I miss both Pitch Black (Both I and II, which was even better) and um.. the orange one. Fuck, what was it called? LiveWire! Loved that stuff at the time. Who loves orange soda?

Why are your 12 packs of soda packaged like beer
That's how all 12-packs used to look around here years ago. I still see some soda in those boxes from time to time.

Found it here in Cincinnati today. Picked up 4 cases, that'll hold me over for awhile.

Sucks that it's for a "limited time." We'll see.

XAL

Are they selling these anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area yet?

I haven't seen them at any stores :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Found it
Bought it
Didn't turn my poop green like Mountain Dew Gamer Fuel
Disappointed

Charcoal

What the fuck. Mary EstherGAF here, I'm about 45 minutes east of you. Why is Northwest FloridaGAF such a thing?

I haven't seen any so far, but I've got some shopping to do this week so if I do happen to come by any I'll let you know.
lol holy shit, small world. I'm in Ft Walton but figured there would be a bigger chance in Pcola.

MIMIC

Banned
I was in line at Wal-Mart the other day and the guy in front of me had a case. I was like, "Holy shit! When did they start selling this?!" He said that they had a display at the front of the store (and some how I missed it).

But I got one later. I might get 2 more cases tomorrow. It's so good :)

I found my first bottle! And it definitely tastes like the stuff from Taco Bell.

Shame it's going to go away later. I miss both Pitch Black (Both I and II, which was even better) and um.. the orange one. Fuck, what was it called? LiveWire! Loved that stuff at the time. Who loves orange soda?

LiveWire is actually still available. My gas stations stock bottles, can't find cans anywhere though.

gAg CruSh3r

They might do the same process of Live Wire I bet. Call the soda 'limited of time' and see how well the sales do. If the fans like it then they put it back on the shelfs. That's what I think anyways :)... By the way I love orange soda.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
LiveWire is actually still available. My gas stations stock bottles, can't find cans anywhere though.
I haven't seen it in years. Nor have I seen Code Red. I used to love Red. Not so much anymore. Actually I don't even like any Dew that isn't real sugar, but I make an exception for Baja Blast. Speaking of which, I am glad to see Throwback has stuck around a lot longer than they had promised. It's always fully stocked at my store. If only they did that with other temporary drinks. (I also miss Pepsi Blue. And wish I had gotten to try Crystal back in the day. RIGHT NOW! HEY! IT'S YOUR TOMORROW!)

MIMIC

Banned
I haven't seen it in years. Nor have I seen Code Red. I used to love Red. Not so much anymore. Actually I don't even like any Dew that isn't real sugar, but I make an exception for Baja Blast. Speaking of which, I am glad to see Throwback has stuck around a lot longer than they had promised. It's always fully stocked at my store. If only they did that with other temporary drinks. (I also miss Pepsi Blue. And wish I had gotten to try Crystal back in the day. RIGHT NOW! HEY! IT'S YOUR TOMORROW!)

Where I'm from, it's still pretty much everywhere. I see it a lot at CVS and Walgreens.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Eh, doesn't really taste the same from the can. Tastes like a closer relative to Fresca.

Fjordson

Holy shit, the grocery store down the street from me finally got it. Went and bought a 12 pack. Fucking amazing.

I'm sort of glad this is a limited time thing, though. I usually only drink water, but I'm addicted to these.

BizzyBum

Schattenjäger;112727986 said:
Still can't find it in NYC wtf

Yeah, I'm in Queens and nothing either.

You would think in high population areas like these they'd roll them out everywhere.

I don't think it's anywhere in NY state. When I'm home upstate I haven't seen so much at a bottle but I'm visiting my parents in jersey today and the shit is in every store I walked into today.

Ambient80

vcT4Waq.gif

Also you don't have LiveWire anymore? We have it here just about everywhere in WV. Then again this place is basically the Mountain Dew Capitol of the world.

No Love

Banned

LiveWire was incredible.

I gotta get a bottle of this Baja Blast shit. I know I'll feel guilty as hell afterwards but I have had it at Taco Bell and it IS amazing.

MIMIC

Banned
Is it gone already?

Just yesterday, they had a huge display at the entrance of my local Wal-Mart, and when I went today (to pick up unrelated stuff), the display was gone. I asked the lady at the cash register, and she said that she didn't know (but that people were really snapping it up). She told me to ask customer service if they had merely moved the display to another location in the store....but I didn't and just left.

I just went through the drive-thru at taco bell and decided not to order a drink with my meal. Came home and poured me some baja blast from my own supply.

Is it gone already?

Just yesterday, they had a huge display at the entrance of my local Wal-Mart, and when I went today (to pick up unrelated stuff), the display was gone. I asked the lady at the cash register, and she said that she didn't know (but that people were really snapping it up). She told me to ask customer service if they had merely moved the display to another location in the store....but I didn't and just left.
Shop from the side counter brah, not the features.

bengraven

Considering how many of these I drank, plus the two in my desk right now, can we change this to CONFIRMED?

also, I still prefer the fountain version of any soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom