• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR : Bottled Mountain Dew Baja Blast coming in May 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Is it gone already?

Just yesterday, they had a huge display at the entrance of my local Wal-Mart, and when I went today (to pick up unrelated stuff), the display was gone. I asked the lady at the cash register, and she said that she didn't know (but that people were really snapping it up). She told me to ask customer service if they had merely moved the display to another location in the store....but I didn't and just left.

a pepsi vendor told me it's really limited and not to expect it everywhere or to last all summer.

FinKL

Is it gone already?

Just yesterday, they had a huge display at the entrance of my local Wal-Mart, and when I went today (to pick up unrelated stuff), the display was gone. I asked the lady at the cash register, and she said that she didn't know (but that people were really snapping it up). She told me to ask customer service if they had merely moved the display to another location in the store....but I didn't and just left.

Same story here, full stack of pepsi products near entrance on monday. By Wednesday, only Baja Blast was gone. The thirst guys...

how to not make money 101: stop supplying this when there is demand

whats funny is someone asked me if we carried it at the supermarket i work at, we don't have it anymore

I wanted to try it too

how to not make money 101: stop supplying this when there is demand

whats funny is someone asked me if we carried it at the supermarket i work at, we don't have it anymore

I wanted to try it too

Or, How To Make Money 101 - Remind people that Baja Blast is available, and is delicious, thus convincing them to visit Taco Bell. Where they will then also buy a bunch of cheap Mexican food with huge profit margins.

Spitz

I asked my American Food Dealer here in Europe if they could import me some Baja Blast cans but unfortunately they are no longer allowed to import Mountain Dew Products to Europe.

Due to EU regulations we have been requested to no longer sell or promote MTN-branded Mountain Dew and, as a responsible company, we have complied fully and with immediate effect.

That's weird cause with Taco Bell food, it's godly.

I had one a couple of days ago and the bottle version tasted sweeter and less carbonated than what I've had at Taco Bell, so I assume it's that the fountain version is mixed differently than the bottled version.

okayfrog

Banned
Saw some bottles and cases at a 7/11 near me. Thought about it, but decided not to buy 'em. Baja Blast is a Taco Bell treat, and I wish to keep it that way... though iunno, maybe I'll buy a bottle tonight, just for fun.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Considering how many of these I drank, plus the two in my desk right now, can we change this to CONFIRMED?
Yeah. Title change please!

also, I still prefer the fountain version of any soda.
Yeah. I agree. There's something just off about the bottled stuff. I wouldn't have noticed it as much if I hadn't literally had the real thing just a few days before the bottle.

It's still good though. Just not exactly the same.

FyreWulff

Is it gone already?

Wal Mart doesn't have specific shelf space for it. It ends up where-ever they have free space for their rotated stock. So sometimes it's in the front, sometimes in an endcap, sometimes in the back

Wal Mart doesn't have specific shelf space for it. It ends up where-ever they have free space for their rotated stock. So sometimes it's in the front, sometimes in an endcap, sometimes in the back
Its with all the other vendor products brah. Features are up to manager's discretion.

bjork

We still have an entire stack of 12-packs at my work, can't seem to give it away.

I would buy the entire stack if it was Typhoon. The people who voted for that other bullshit should have to drink 30 year-old cans of Tab.

We still have an entire stack of 12-packs at my work, can't seem to give it away.

I would buy the entire stack if it was Typhoon. The people who voted for that other bullshit should have to drink 30 year-old cans of Tab.
Yep. That was such bullshit. I remember when Typhoon came back three years ago. Goddam. I think it needs to come back, I would take it as a Taco Bell exclusive. Goddam it was so good. I have no idea how Whiteout won.....

I bought two 20oz. bottles at 7-11 (San Francisco) and have spotted 12-pack boxes at Safeway as well.

I think it's finally spread out of Walmart, at least in the Bay Area.

kulapik

I asked my American Food Dealer here in Europe if they could import me some Baja Blast cans but unfortunately they are no longer allowed to import Mountain Dew Products to Europe.

I asked mine and they insisted that it was a Taco Bell exclusive and they couldn't serve it lol Told them about the limited edition, and waiting for response

MIMIC

Banned
This is a super late post, but (at least for my store) they just relocated the cans to a different part of the store. There were a lot left. They're even selling larger cans.

UPDATE: Local Publix near my house still has cases of them!

jXEjCCU.png

Khezu

I bought a case of this, never had it before since I don't go to taco bell.

Didn't care for it.

It's kinda hard to explain, I don't think it tasted bad per say, but I found it hard to drink.
I could never finish a can. The first few sips were alright, but then I kinda had to start forcing myself to drink the rest.

B.K.

Looks like it's back. I was in a convenience store today and they had 20oz. bottles of Baja Blast again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom