• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Half-Life 3 may use Steam as a release platform

sn00zer

Hey there fellow HLFallout.net poster
Those were the days.
5720-brofist-dragon_ball_z-gar-son_goku-tagme-vegeta.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Gee idunno what was the subject of your post I was responding to?

I can't even tell if I'm being trolled right now.

What exactly do you want me to criticize in regards to this post?
I am (was) legit one of the biggest Half-Life fans. Spent years on Half Life forums, bought every game day 1. I dont care if HL3 come out anymore.

You're wrong, you actually care.

Are you happy now, Comfort Jones?

Or do you want me to criticize a game that doesn't exist?

Valve, Half-life 3 just isn't that great. The story is bad. 5/10

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Do we really need another Half-Life after almost 9 years of pure speculations? I mean, yeah, there wasn't an epic conclusion to the story of the 2nd game and it's two episodes but... I don't know, as we usually say in Russia in such cases - the train is left. I'm sure some of us waited and had high hopes for DNF, but in the end what we've got? A complete shit about which nobody cares. It's not that I think that H-L3 will be complete shit or anything, but there is a chance that it can be cuz you can't meet most people expectations.

There's only two ways for this game to be successful - to be highly innovative/revolutionary or safe in every regard but with modern visuals to please the fans of at least H-L2. And to be completely honest, I prefer the last cuz... well, for example I don't like modern 2D platformers (not all, but only some of them) with lots of time puzzles, portal puzzles and other shit which only ruins the original concept of 2D platformer. I just want to jump on the heads of enemies, collect coins, power ups here and there and that's it. I have no desire to invest my time in time/portal puzzles, I just don't like this shit at all. Heh, I hope some of you will understand what I mean (^__^)

Mman235

I find this "does anyone care anymore?" stuff so disingenuous. People were saying literally exactly the same thing about Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue 3 (the latter of which is vastly smaller in mindshare and influence than Half-Life). Then they got announced and people completely lost their shit. Exactly the same thing is going to happen when HL3 gets officially announced.

aerts1js

People do care for Half-Life 3 and if they announce it I may actually begin to pay attention to what Valve is up to these days.

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm past the point of giving a shit about half-life 3. They took too damn long, and wanted to concentrate on their store more than the game that help make them what they are.

I find this "does anyone care anymore?" stuff so disingenuous. People were saying literally exactly the same thing about Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue 3 (the latter of which is vastly smaller in mindshare and influence than Half-Life). Then they got announced and people completely lost their shit. Exactly the same thing is going to happen when HL3 gets officially announced.

The huge difference though is Final Fantasy 7 has had spin off games, and it's character's live on in different things. Same with Shenmue, there are some easter egg's for shenmue in The yakuza series, and he is a playable character in Sonic all stars racing.

Also shenmue had 2 games, 1 of which was launched on a dead system, so understandable that it kind of died off the way it did, even after bringing shenmue 2 to the states on xbox. Half life episode 2 ended on a cliff hanger. And the fact that it was called episode 2, made you believe the conclusion was in the cards down the line. Then left 4 dead came out, lef 4 dead 2, portal 2, dota 2 etc. Then you saw steam OS, steam machines, steam controller and it painted the picture that valve doesn't either care, or think video game development is as important.

That's the message I get, and it makes me not even want to play their games anymore, as much as I love POrtal 2 and Left 4 dead series.

Concept17

Yup, especially after this last E3, half life 3 now easily holds the reigns for biggest/longest awaited game announcement.

I'm now just as eager for L4D3. It's already been 6 years since 2 came out.

I am (was) legit one of the biggest Half-Life fans. Spent years on Half Life forums, bought every game day 1. I dont care if HL3 come out anymore.
Right there with you Snoozer. A big ol bowl of "what the fuck ever."

My faith moved on from whatever made the first two and episodes... Those gods are dead.

Top Bottom