• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 'Kid-friendly' Fantastic Four reboot in the works

Shaanyboi

Banned
Via Bleeding Cool so take it for what it's worth.

Bleeding Cool is receiving reliably sourced information about a new Fantastic Four movie being developed at Fox Studios. And while the most recent movie reinvented the Fantastic Four as youngsters, along the lines of the Ultimate Fantastic Four comic book, the movie swings to the other end of the spectrum. Instead, it will concentrate on Franklin and Valeria, the children of Reed Richards and Susan Storm. While still having the Thing and the Human Torch along for the ride.

The current draft of the proposed new Fantastic Four movie is written by Seth Grahame-Smith.

He is best known as the author (okay, co-author) of the novel Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, as well as Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, both of which have been adapted as movies. Grahame-Smith is also the co-creator, head writer and executive producer of The Hard Times of RJ Berger, a TV comedy series on MTV.

But he also did some script polishing on the Josh Trank movie.

Not saying I believe this is true? But at this point, Fox must be pretty pissed they have a superhero franchise they can't successfully exploit to fill the gaps between X-movies

Alienous

Instead, it will concentrate on Franklin and Valeria, the children of Reed Richards and Susan Storm

And they think they've earned this ... how? People don't care about them, why would they care about their kids?

EDIT:
Now that I think about it maybe they're just going to do The Incredibles.

Sephzilla

ORai8jb.gif

I mean... It'll probably suck knowing Fox, and reading that plot idea...

But, I don't think a kid-friendly comic-book movie is a bad idea... I mean, these characters were kind of created for kids, in theory at least.

Ithil

Unless you're selling it back to Marvel, stop. You can't reboot again after the trash 2015 film is barely six feet under. Hell it was too soon to reboot for that one too. They blew it twice already, there's no good will with Fox and Fantastic Four.

Either sell it back or let it lie dormant for a long time.

gforguava

This actually isn't the worst idea in theory(and not just because Valeria is the best) but they will never pull this off.

And really they should go all in with the Future Foundation as superhero-scifi Hogwarts.

Obviously trying to cash in on the Guardians effect. Family friendly, light hearted adventure. Might work, I guess. It basically sounds like they're doing the Incredibles

To give Seth Grahame-Smith credit, he wrote for LEGO Batman. And of course, he once wrote and was to direct The Flash before Warners wised up about giving an inexperienced director a huge budget blockbuster.

And conceptually it's alright. You have the Fantastic Four established and it's a family story of uncles and and nephews/nieces. Like Uncle Buck with superpowers.

Now all that being said, it's Bleeding Cool... Bleeding cool.

Dynomutt

Reed will repair everything

Reed Richards can he fix it yes he can!

Sue and Johnny will learn Spanish.

Hola! Soy Sue! Come on! ¡Vamonos!

Hola! I'm Johnny. Al Rescate Amigos! To the rescue.

Thing will be the best friend he can be and help his friends find things....

Were looking for clue's now! Can you help us find Dr. Doom?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Well after 2 failed attempts ( even though I think the first 2 are okay) may as well try something different

So last attempt was edgy and dark which was to awful and had such a nice character moment where we learn that
"it's clobbering time" comes from an abusive brother
. Now they want to try making it kid friendly by having their kids. That doesn't work when we don't even know how the fantastic 4 are portrayed, wait until the next movie before you bring this in.

Top Bottom