• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 'Kid-friendly' Fantastic Four reboot in the works

Incredibles Clone (lol the ironing is delicious)
Pull a Sony with Marvel
Stahp
Flop
or just make a good flick.

Shouldn't be hard for them to get to a good answer, but I'm going with Door #4 based on the track record. Prove me wrong, kids -- prove me wrong.

Cuburt

Fox literally going for broke.

Even if this is for real, I can't imagine that it actually end up making it to the theater.

tenor.gif

Maybe Fox will get one of these Fantastic Four movies right? Fourth time is a charm, right?

That last sentience could make a great cheesy-bad tagline for the poster.

Sulik2

The next xmen movie has the shiar. Just put the fantastic group on a spaceship on that movie and have then get blasted into space and get their powers. Shared universe but away from earth so you can tap different parts of the F4 properties.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I don't hate this idea. I don't have faith in them to execute it well, but I don't hate it.

I mean the idea of a hard exploratory sci-fi Fantastic Four could've been good too, but they fucked that up real bad. The 2005 movie is (sadly) still the closest thing to what a F4 movie should probably be like. Well... okay, there's the Corman movie. But come on...

Who knew it'd be so difficult to make a good FF movie.

All the ingredients are there, they just need someone competent to cook it up. No studio meddling might also help.

Ein Bear

The Fantastic Four are my favourite superheroes. It's so depressing how the property has been treated, as much as I like the Marvel films, it really feels like a huge part of what I love about the Marvel Universe is missing without them.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
they just dont give up.
FF was allready lame as a kids cartoon back in the day. And it only went farther down since..

Well after 2 failed attempts ( even though I think the first 2 are okay) may as well try something different

The Tim Story (Alba, Evans) films are okay and they're probably some of the most family-friendly superhero films to date, so I don't really see how this change in tone would save anything. I'm not a comic book reader any more and I don't give a shit about the FF, but they have some top-notch villains who I'd like to see revert back to Marvel. Doom, Silver Surfer, Namor, Galactus - these villains deserve to be in better films than anything FF-related Fox have done so far, and God knows that the MCU needs some good villains to fall back on (especially in a few years when Thanos will be dealt with).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Eventually they're going to stumble ass backwards onto a good treatment for this franchise.

Blues1990

I mean the idea of a hard exploratory sci-fi Fantastic Four could've been good too, but they fucked that up real bad. The 2005 movie is (sadly) still the closest thing to what a F4 movie should probably be like. Well... okay, there's the Corman movie. But come on...

Aside from Ben Grimm, the only thing I want from the Fantastic Four property is Doctor Doom & Glactus to be properly adapted to the silver screen by the House of M.

And it's insane that FOX is still hellbent on making this work, as you'd think their last wack at the characters was a hint that it isn't worth keeping the license if they are going to get diminishing returns.

The Tim Story (Alba, Evans) films are okay and they're probably some of the most family-friendly superhero films to date, so I don't really see how this change in tone would save anything. I'm not a comic book reader any more and I don't give a shit about the FF, but they have some top-notch villains who I'd like to see revert back to Marvel. Doom, Silver Surfer, Namor, Galactus - these villains deserve to be in better films than anything FF-related Fox have done so far, and God knows that the MCU needs some good villains to fall back on (especially in a few years when Thanos will be dealt with).

Marvel aren't very good at handling villains, so I'm torn on if Marvel would do them justice.

Sidenote, strange that Fox haven't moved ahead with a standalone Silver Surfer movie. There's enough backstory/material there to make a few movies.

StayDead

Please Fox, just let the rights revert back to Marvel.

We need Doom in the MCU. You're clearly never going to make a good FF film so it's better you just let people do it.

Brad Bird would have made a really good Fantastic Four movie.

but this shit heap of a movie franchise is a waste of his time. I don't wish this on anybody, even the directors I don't care for.

I swear I keep making posts that don't post....

Anyway, Franklin Richards is a super powerful mutant pre-teen with reality wrapping powers and his younger sister is a kid genius

This isn't a bad idea, at all

Lifeline

I like the focus on the kids, I remember them being the best part of that i read of Hickman's run on F4.

I still want to see the F4 in the same universe as X-Men.

Malyse

Yeah, the fact of the matter is, Fox doesn't want to give up the rights and from their perspective as a production company in the midst of the superhero film boom, they shouldn't

They literally have every right to keep trying to get this property to be a huge hit. Neither playing it straight or going "dark" worked, focusing on wonder and adventure through the fantastic children of the FF is actually a great idea

If they get Artie & Leech in this and nail the tone, I might actually see it in theaters

Noooooooooo!

Fox's last attempt at a F4 film were just disastrous! I've convinced that they're not convinced that they can't do the F4 correctly.

R.I.P. to all potential use of the major cosmic characters in the MCU.

Top Bottom