• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 'Kid-friendly' Fantastic Four reboot in the works

Ithil

I have to comment on how incredibly ridiculous it is that they have a character as great as Doctor Doom, and yet the best film version of him so far has been the one from the "keep the rights" phony Corman film

3j3dtUV.jpg

Mudcrab

https://68.media.tumblr.com/e84b85a3a1e44106e38794b5eae3d06c/tumblr_ol4cjmTPvI1tlgqkgo1_500.gif[/IMG

"Mommy", "Why is she looking at us like that..."

"She just want's to play..."

[IMG]https://ghezalplusmovies.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/logan-movie-laura-claws-gif.gif?w=892[/IMG

"I don't want to play..."[/QUOTE]

The FF kids are way more terrifying than X-23.

Squire

Banned
And they think they've earned this ... how? People don't care about them, why would they care about their kids?

EDIT:
Now that I think about it maybe they're just going to do The Incredibles.

I've been saying they should for years, but focusing on the kids is not how.

Still think they could cast Ty Burrell and Julie Bowen and have a great base to work from.

Strike

Ugh. I hope it's not true. After the last one and Deadpool's success, I was looking forward to them finally leaving it alone for good and letting the rights revert back to Marvel.

Unless you're selling it back to Marvel, stop. You can't reboot again after the trash 2015 film is barely six feet under. Hell it was too soon to reboot for that one too. They blew it twice already, there's no good will with Fox and Fantastic Four.

Either sell it back or let it lie dormant for a long time.

They can't let it lie dormant because the rights will revert back to Marvel.

They should just stop. Let the rights revert back to Marvel. At this point, churning out these awful ideas is just bad faith and no one will watch this.

I'm all for a light-hearted FF reboot, but "kid-friendly" just makes me think they're going to actually make the characters extremely young. I mean, younger than they already were in the previous films. Which was already too young.

The good news is the concept may be so bad that it never takes off, and they are also wasting time on it as we speak. Could be a Daredevil situation.

quickwhips

Just do a movie about Victor Von Doom and show how all the shit happened in college and go down with Reed getting blamed for sabotaging him. So Doom movie with Reed and cast as college friends back story. Then start the Fantastic Four 2 as them getting their powers.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The last one was shite. I gave up in boredom.

This version was alright.

DjHRMGs.jpg

Bob White

This is so transparent.

"What do we do? What do we do? Can't make a sequel because everyone hated the last movie. Can't reboot because it's too soon. Hmmm, let's try for that lego batman money!"

This is so transparent.

"What do we do? What do we do? Can't make a sequel because everyone hated the last movie. Can't reboot because it's too soon. Hmmm, let's try for that lego batman money!"

"If we can't make it good, we'll just aim it at a less-discerning audience."

Valeria, eh? In a perfect world, a Fantastic Four movie would've ended with Doctor Doom saving Sue and helping deliver the baby, giving Doom a win over Reed like in the comics. Then other movies would've explowed the Valeria/Doom relationship.

Valeria without Doom is wasted potential, but I don't trust Fox not to fuck up Doom again.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
The first two were already kid friendly. The last one was a kids movie. How much more kid friendly do they need this to be?

Also, aren't they aware that the target audience for comic books is 20-50 year old fat dudes? Why are they aiming it explicitly at kids?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Of all the ideas for Fantastic Four, this one actually makes the most sense. Mr. Fantastic ensures you can never make a serious film and so just lean into the cheese.

Fury451

Banned
I mean, can you blame them for trying? If they don't keep making these, the rights go back to Marvel.

Yes, Fox doesnt seem to get the 4, especially with constantly fucking up Doom; partner up with Marvel already you fools.

The last film seemed like a particularly egregious "keep the rights" movie already.

Top Bottom