• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New CoD is set in WW1 with alternate realities, has multiplayer, next-gen only

Status
Not open for further replies.
- The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.

No chance, Activision isn't stupid enough not to release this on PS360. As CoD is a casual game, it will sell most on the most sold systems, unlike the more core cross gen games that proved to sell better on next gen. I expect COD2015 alongside Fifa to also come out on PS360.

Jarnet87

We knew the WW1/WW2 shooters were coming back at some point, guess it's 2014/2015. Here come 100 WW1/WW2 shooter clones.

What kind of weaponry were available on WW1?

Vickers_IWW.jpg

British_Mark_IV_Tadpole_tank.jpg

OK, that confirms it, Bubblews is definitely full of crap.

I told everyone on page 2 that this site was BS and that anyone can write articles there and get paid per view. lol.

But people kept just reading the bullet points in the OP and replying without reading anything lol.

Oriel

WWI? Hell why not go back further to the Napoleonic Wars and flintlock rifles with reloading times of fucking ages?!

MAtgS

- There will be a multiplayer mode in the game as well as a single player mode. The single player mode can be done via Co-Op. However, this can only be done online. There is no Split Screen.
Oh, this better have a big sales drop off. I can not believe the industry's disregard for local multiplayer is spreading to CoD too.

- The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.
Then WTF is High Moon doing?

Respawn

Banned
WW1? Aren't the weapons going to suck shit?
Not much on history and guns are you? Here go look these up

Beretta 1918
Bergman MP18
Browning Auto 5
Browning M1917
Colt Browning M1895
Fedorov Automat [I think]
Hotchkiss 1909
and the Lewis Machine Gun

Age doesn't mean there weren't guns that can leave you in pieces with high fire rates and mobility. Yes yes you have to lay down with some of these babies but still you didn't need two wheels to carry them.

WW1 shooter would be pretty interesting but it'd be too difficult to cram a sufficient amount of vile jingoism there for CoD to do it, I think.

Rodelero

A WW1 shooter sounds pretty interesting. A WW1 skin of CoD does not. I don't really care when it's set to be honest, I want them to move their gun mechanics back towards CoD4 and eradicate across the map accuracy with every weapon.

Vladmiris

Even though this rumor is probably bogus, I think a WWI-era shooter would be a great idea. Massed charges of men across no-mans land, night missions sneaking across craters filled with dead bodies in order to set up a perfect sniper shot, fighting trench-to-trench in order to clear it of the enemy, lining up behind the first clumsy tanks as they flatten barbed wire...yeah, it could be good.

Also, since the enemy during WWI was Austria-Hungary and Germany, I do not think there would be any issue with having a campaign from both the Allied and Central powers. Its always been a sticky point for WWII shooters since no one wants to develop or really play as the Nazis, but the experiences of the Central powers was different enough from the Allies (especially on the Eastern Front) that it could be an interesting perspective to play from.

Hell, why not have a campaign where you play as a young Marxist in the fight against the crown in Russia? So many opportunities.

No chance, Activision isn't stupid enough not to release this on PS360. As CoD is a casual game, it will sell most on the most sold systems, unlike the more core cross gen games that proved to sell better on next gen. I expect COD2015 alongside Fifa to also come out on PS360.

I don't know, man. Didn't CoD4 only release on PS3, 360, and PC? Granted, it was 2007, but the PS2 was still doing fairly good numbers (correct me if I am wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom