• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New CoD is set in WW1 with alternate realities, has multiplayer, next-gen only

Status
Not open for further replies.
God no, please people, don't use Bubble News as a source.

This is the same site that keeps making up stories about Fallout 4 with fake logos and stuff lol

This site thrives on making up bullshit like this: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/no-bethesda-didnt-secretly-show-fallout-4-at-e3/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593236

People who post bullshit and get people to buy into it for site hits.

They ripped some fan art Fallout logo and ran a story last year pretending to see a behind closed door presentation of Fallout 4 by using some fake logo as proof. They got called out on their bs.

This should tell you why they write BS right here. Anyone can submit something and they get paid per view: http://www.bubblews.com/about

This isn't true, quoting myself from page 2.

Phil4000

Next-gen only, brand new time period?! I cant believe I feel hyped for a COD game... I haven't felt like this since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare... Its a weird feeling :/

Phil4000

This is all bullshit.

Does this look like WW1 to you?

cod-sledgehammer-ignpng-a29997_610w.png

Also, don't expect a next-gen only COD until 2015 at the earliest.

Call of Duty comes out every year who said that pic was from COD 2014...
Anyone remember these pics whom many thought where COD 2013 (Ghosts) related?

lauren-05-on.jpg

lauren-01.jpg

Source: http://mp1st.com/2013/03/28/does-th...ls-next-gen-character-rendering/#.U2ETBPldWyU

Eusis

Don't be silky, it's not next gen anymore, as it is not what's coming next, it's what we have been playing for 6 months now.

PS4/XBO are current gen. 360/PS3 are last gen.
"What we've been playing" have been mostly updated PS3 and 360 titles and a few, usually not THAT great exclusives. And most actual game time for me is still on last gen consoles or handhelds I can actually call current gen, the PS4 has mostly been gathering dust. Actually I'd be surprised if many people can actually say they've been mainly playing PS4 or XB1 unless its an MP game, not when stuff like Dark Souls II came out.

"What's coming next" are games like Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight, and until more of those are out and actually dominating gameplay I'd be lying to myself saying its current gen. The stage is set but nothing's playing.

EDIT: I suppose it really comes down to a difference in agreement on what to count as more important for classification: the presence of hardware, or the presence of games. The hardware is obviously necessary, but ultimately a means to an end, and without great experiences that are meant for the new hardware that are more than holdovers or something to warm up we haven't REALLY seen the next generation of games.

TrueGrime

Glad the no split screen trend for games is catching on. Should have probably left it on for single player co-op but good riddance when it comes to multiplayer.

BouncyFrag

If alternate realities means a Black Adder mode, then it's day freaken one for me. Who needs a dog when you've got Baldrick?

I can buy (I don't but I could) buy everything buy next gen only. You'd need like 100% of next-gen owners to buy it in order for it to sell CoD numbers. They'd be leaving so much money on the table for no real reason.
Glad the no split screen trend for games is catching on. Should have probably left it on for single player co-op but good riddance when it comes to multiplayer.

Why? It's not like CoD offered split screen in exchange for online multiplayer.

Eusis

I can buy (I don't but I could) buy everything buy next gen only. You'd need like 100% of next-gen owners to buy it in order for it to sell CoD numbers. They'd be leaving so much money on the table for no real reason.

Why? It's not like CoD offered split screen in exchange for online multiplayer.
There can be something to be gained by abandoning the old hardware in favor of the new, but that's more for those who DON'T sell CoD numbers and are looking to create a strong audience early on in the generation. Activision has been the very definition of safe, and honestly that might be insane for any third party selling a game with numbers like CoD anyway.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be pissed if there was no split-screen. Playing locally against my younger brother is the only reason I even consider buying CoD. It's one of the few series with it still a feature.

Empty

hijacking the hundred year anniversary of wwi to sell your silly shootbang game would be gross if this weren't obviously nonsense

icy_eagle

NO WAY THERE'S MULTIPLAYER??

btw, we already know it'll also be on PS360, so yeah, so much for this rumor lol

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/914602

Hirshberg also assures fans worried about the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions that 2014’s Call of Duty “will also be a great current-gen game.” The publisher recognizes 2014 as a continuation of last year’s console transition. “There are still a lot of people playing on current gen,” says Hirshberg “and we want to deliver a great experience for them as well. But it will be a next-gen-first production and the current-gen game will be a version of that.”

Yeah, "this" version of the game could be current-gen only, but there could definitely be a whole different version or game for last gen. They did that in the last transition, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 2 Big Red One, COD World at War Final Fronts.

Concept17

So rather than going to the future, or an alternate modern day reality... we're going back to WW1? Really?

I hope not.

Also, I really just want some fundamental gameplay changes for the series.

impact

Banned
Yeah, "this" version of the game could be current-gen only, but there could definitely be a whole different version or game for last gen. They did that in the last transition, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 2 Big Red One, COD World at War Final Fronts.

Everyone forgot about Big Red One because it was so damn bad.

As little as I care about CoD, I really want this to be true. It'll help the industry out if a bunch of people have to upgrade for their CoD fix. No more PS360 games pls.

Iorv3th

Smith Black. Guy has 2 last names. They could have come up with something better than that for this 'rumor'.

No way they're doing next gen only for like 2-3 years, waaaaay too much money being left on the table

Well considering the studios have 3 year development cycles now, and Sledgehammer only recently started, I think seeing this game in 2-3 years is a distinct possibility.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
"What we've been playing" have been mostly updated PS3 and 360 titles and a few, usually not THAT great exclusives. And most actual game time for me is still on last gen consoles or handhelds I can actually call current gen, the PS4 has mostly been gathering dust. Actually I'd be surprised if many people can actually say they've been mainly playing PS4 or XB1 unless its an MP game, not when stuff like Dark Souls II came out.

"What's coming next" are games like Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight, and until more of those are out and actually dominating gameplay I'd be lying to myself saying its current gen. The stage is set but nothing's playing.

EDIT: I suppose it really comes down to a difference in agreement on what to count as more important for classification: the presence of hardware, or the presence of games. The hardware is obviously necessary, but ultimately a means to an end, and without great experiences that are meant for the new hardware that are more than holdovers or something to warm up we haven't REALLY seen the next generation of games.

Well maybe you haven't enjoyed your time with pS4/Xbox One so far. However I would say most have.

None of my friends have even booted up their old systems since the Ps4/XBO launched. Neither have I.

There has been plenty of reason to play PS4, in fact I do so almost every night I have off work.

Killzone Shadowfall
iNfamous Second Son
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Tomb Raider Definitive
Outlast
NBA2k14
Need for Speed Rivals
Resogun
BlackLight Retrobution
Warframe
Dead Nation
Mercenary Kings
Don't Starve
Contrast
Ground Zeroes

Are all games I own for PS4, and have given me hundreds upon hundreds of hours of entertainment since launch, many of which I have barely scratched the surface of.

And with Destiny Beta/full game, Driveclub, Batman, Last of Us Remastered, Metro 2033/Last Light, Planetside 2, Dragon Age, Dying Light, Alien Isolation, etc right around the corner, the trouble isn't finding what to play its finding the time and money to play it all.

Not to mention E3 is right around the corner and will give us plenty of new content to look forward to.

This gen has started, with or without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom