• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New CoD is set in WW1 with alternate realities, has multiplayer, next-gen only

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all bullshit.

Does this look like WW1 to you?

cod-sledgehammer-ignpng-a29997_610w.png

Also, don't expect a next-gen only COD until 2015 at the earliest.

Well those textures look like they're from 1914.

Bazinga

The claims that there will be no last-gen version is the reason why I don't believe this. There's no logical reason they would do that; they'd be halving the games' sales potential.

- The main campaign is expected to last just 6 hours. However, there will be TWO Sub-Campaigns. We aren't sure what exactly this means.

First playthrough: Wait through 5 hours hours of German artillery bombardment, 30 min quiet, then the whistle blows. Last 30 min of running towards machinegun fire and finally dropping dead.

Second playthrough: Wait through 5 hours of British artillery bombardment.....

hmm... Bubblews.com

The first step is signing up for an account with us. It is completely free and takes less than 60 seconds.

Write your world and don't forget to speak freely! We have over 15 different categories to choose from, you do not have to focus on just one!

Once submitted your post will become a bubblew on our website for the whole world to see. It will shrink or grow based on who likes or dislikes it.

You will get paid for EVERY view, comment, like/dislike and social media shares for EVERY post that you EVER write on bubblews.

sounds legit

IISANDERII

Love me some bolt-action weaponry. Hope they'll be the featured weapons and not get nerfed again from the automatic weapon using whiners.

Scrawnton

People saying ww1 tech is boring and how can those pics be from ww1, what part of alternate reality did you not get? Alternate reality pretty much means they can justify a laser machine gun in a ww1 game.

DC1

I will Buy!!!
And I hate COD and their stupid marketing tactics. .... like the one that just worked on me.

Hip Hop

Why not just dip back into the WW2 well, some of the best games I played back in the day.

The main thing here is the online. imo, going back will make various things suffer. Customization is a huge part of the game. You just won't get a lot of choices by going back.

What they need to do is find different themes for modern and future times. Something like a SWAT theme will work very well with a COD without compromising anything and it would be a refreshing experience.

elohel

No way they're doing next gen only for like 2-3 years, waaaaay too much money being left on the table

making like 5 different versions would leave them with more money than making three?

plus there's 10 million next gen gamers with little to no games right now or a proper COD game really

they would probably be targeting next gen PC and consoles so going backwards from that or simultaneously making them wouldn't be more cost efficient

I'm probably missing something but that's just what I think

VariantX

I find it hard to believe that they would ever go back to WWII let alone WWI. CoD didn't even blow up to the franchise it is until it was a in modern day setting.

Might be possible that there is a different Call of Duty for previous generation, same thing what happened with Call of Duty: Big Red One and Call of Duty 2.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
No split screen? That sucks. And according to this info it will release one week after Destiny. Thats crazy.

graboids

sounds hard to believe, but this is the kind of crazy they need to do just to get me to even try to be interested in CoD again... WWII, Modern, Near Future & even Future are all kind of tired at this point...

smoothj

Honestly, I hope this is somewhat true. I am tired of the current era they are milking. No more gadgets and remote controlled laser hovercrafts.

Also, a BF1942 remake for current gen would make me call off work for a day 1 swoop. I haven't done that in ages.

Yeah, I would totally love them to take us back to WW2 (or WW1) with next gen, but there are so many red flags here. As others have posted, it was announced that next gen would be the lead platform and current gen would be based on that. Here's the quote from that IGN article linked:

Hirshberg also assures fans worried about the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions that 2014’s Call of Duty “will also be a great current-gen game.” The publisher recognizes 2014 as a continuation of last year’s console transition. “There are still a lot of people playing on current gen,” says Hirshberg “and we want to deliver a great experience for them as well. But it will be a next-gen-first production and the current-gen game will be a version of that.”

Yeah fake, who the hell is bubblews anyway?

People who post bullshit and get people to buy into it for site hits.

They ripped some fan art Fallout logo and ran a story last year pretending to see a behind closed door presentation of Fallout 4 by using some fake logo as proof. They got called out on their bs.

This should tell you why they write BS right here. Anyone can submit something and they get paid per view: http://www.bubblews.com/about

This would be great if it was true. I would love a WW1 era COD game for a change, modern and future shooters have become pretty stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom