• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Playstation Vita; HDMI port, 4G, memory card price cut

if there's no announcement of the ps4 at their conference, this place is going to go nuts. i can't even fathom the gifs that will be created if they only reveal an updated vita that still costs the same

Apath

At launch i'd have bought the 16GB for $50, but not anymore. I agree that it's $50 for 32GB or bust.

And I dont see the point of HDMI out -- you can't just sync a dualshock to the system so you'll be stuck with a big cord coming around your TV. I'd much rather have the system output through the PS3/4 so I dont have to be attached to my TV to play it on the TV.

Vita with a full-screen TV out: sold. I hate portables. They should all have some sort of TV option so I can pretend they're not portable.

Strike

Price cut on the memory cards would help, but the unit itself would still be too expensive. They need to get this down to $200.

Edit: No way is the PS4 not getting announced at this thing. They don't do PS Meetings just for hardware revisions.

A Vita refresh is not the announcement. Or at least not the main one. Sony has already invited global press and investors to the event. This is a major hardware announcement coming and PS4 is all but confirmed by Sony themselves.

Mr Swine

Banned
A Vita refresh is not the announcement. Or at least not the main one. Sony has already invited global press and investors to the event. This is a major hardware announcement coming and PS4 is all but confirmed by Sony themselves.

Or they want a Vita relaunch and saving PS4 for the E3 announcement :p

yurinka

At launch i'd have bought the 16GB for $50, but not anymore. I agree that it's $50 for 32GB or bust.

And I dont see the point of HDMI out -- you can't just sync a dualshock to the system so you'll be stuck with a big cord coming around your TV. I'd much rather have the system output through the PS3/4 so I dont have to be attached to my TV to play it on the TV.
Vita has bluetooth, so it can be paired if they want. In fact as I remember it was possible to do with Resistance PSP.

Dueck

Banned
OH MY GOD! I just bought the 32GB memory card, and now there's a price cut coming?! FUCK!

Not happy... No luck. I just hope the price cut happens within 30 days from now, so I can at least go buy one for cheaper and return it with my old receipt.

Iacobellis

You guys expecting the PS4 to be a no-show on the 20th need to do your homework. Sony either announces hardware revisions at E3 or a smaller show, like TGS. They would never put their money and time towards a specific meeting just for a slimmer, cheaper version of a product they already have on the market.

Duxxy3

What if...the new PSVita is the PS4?

lol

3px1ww.jpg

oh man, sorry but it's the first thing that popped into my head

VXLbeast

As someone who bought a PS Vita on launch day, I want this to be true.

HDMI out? Proper USB? Cheaper memory? Maybe even a bit thinner (hopeful)?

Im-not-mad.gif

I sell my Vita and buy it again.

So it's only a 4G upgrade with a HDMI output? Still $299?

Don't know if that'll change anything because it'll still be a money eating machine. The 4G won't be free. And also, what games are there that'll use the 4G features? Black Ops Declassfied?

I think it's a bad move. Sony shouldn't spend the money on 4G features but on internal memory instead.

Whatever. I'm happy with my Wi-Fi model.

VXLbeast

Oh but yah, they would be crazy not to drop the price on the Wifi version. I hope and pray that this will happen.
You just sold your headquarters Sony. Got like a billion bucks or whatever. Take the hit and make this platform live.

Bumhead

Banned
Well I already have a stack of games waiting on my account from PS+.

Your move to make this thing an attractive purchase, Sony.

So a couple of new ports, replacing the cellular model no one wants with another cellular model no one will want, no price cut, no included memory. I want you to be successful, Vita. I really do. I just wish Sony felt the same.

alphaNoid

Banned
Oh man, if this is announced instead of the PS4.. or more realistically if this is announced, and then the PS4 is simply teased, like a graphic or some 5 second demo clip of games... the tears will be glorious.

404s all over

Finally! With a TV out, I can finally consider buying one. 4G can fuck itself though.

Hopefully it can scale the image to fill the screen (lol).

Now I'll just wait till it costs $150 with mem card included.

elty

HDMI and perhaps if Sony can make the minimum brightness even dimmer would be nice. I found that the brightness adjustable range is too narrow.

Any cut to the price is a good move. I still think people will buy this system, cellphones, tablets and all, if this system had a better price.

Also unlike the 3DS (ambassador program was not enough since I owned most of those games and didn't want to play them again) I would not be insult by a price cut for the Vita at this juncture. I've been extremely satisfied by the Vitas library of games and have played the system almost every night. It's been out long enough that a price cut seems appropriate now.

Top Bottom