• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nintendo Direct coming next week

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For the love of all that is holy... Nintendo,Vanillaware listen to this man!
giphy.gif

NanaMiku

I hope so but one of the interviews with George Kamitani mentioned that there is some sort of complications with rights for this game which makes difficult to bring it on modern systems.
It's possible that Marvelous (the publisher of Muramasa) is being the problem. I was gonna say it's the only game that weren't published by Atlus, but GrimGrimoire was published by NIS

Danjin44

It's possible that Marvelous (the publisher of Muramasa) is being the problem. I was gonna say it's the only game that weren't published by Atlus, but GrimGrimoire was published by NIS
Yeah, Kamitani himself is interested bringing this game to modern systems and I'm hoping they somehow solve whatever this problem is with Marvelous.

Muramasa is too good to be stuck on dead system.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don't care what they announce actually, I'll be happy with some remasters since I have already enough to play on Switch alone and remasters are good to play some stuff I never had the chance, they fill some gaps between games :D

Then i'll welcome titty weapons with open arms.

KOSMOSd.gif

Hudo

I bet they'll dicuss Super Mario RPG remake, maybe mention Super Mario Bros. Wonder (maybe we even get a demo? Seeing that Nintendo recently said that they gave the devs a lot of time for the game. So that might also have been used to make a demo.) at the very least.
Dunno what else they could show. I assume Nintendo are hoarding their next games for Switch 2.

Aurelius

Now I think about it you are right, I don’t think Reload is coming to Switch.
Still a bit unclear. I have an Xbox and GP, but I'd rather play it handheld. I would be such a weird discission to not bring it out on the biggest system in Japan.

Hudo

They've already said it won't be before April '24

I fully expect a new Switch Successor next holiday season, this one appears to be going out with one last Xmas Hurrah!
Yeah. Nintendo gonna see Switch off this holiday with Super Mario Bros. Wonder and that Super Mario RPG Remake.

I'm not really interested in Switch anymore since TOTK came out. That's the last game I'll buy for it probably. Only thing I'd be excited about is a TOTK expansion/dlc.

It's time for Switch 2.

Last edited:

Hudo

It would be cool as fuck if Miyamoto made a game like Segagaga where you're tasked with saving Nintendo from doom. They could call the game Nintendoomed.

You know they announced Switch in Oct 2016 for a March 2017 release. Remember your history.

Wii U was already dead, though. So there was no point in holding off on announcing. The gap between announcement and release for the Switch successor I think will be shorter, so Nintendo doesn’t cannibalize its own sales

NanaMiku

I'm legitimately surprised these haven't been ported yet. With weeb culture being at an all time high it seems like a no brainer to bring back kos mos
Harada previously said that they already done market analysis and the number is not good. But recently Vector appeared on Xenoblade 3 DLC, so maybe things will change

As likely as it is that Nintendo will definitely still hold that traditional big Fall Direct, there are a few factors this year working against it being in the usual mid-September slot.

They just showcased Mario Wonder in it's own Direct last week, which means there's no other major first-party release til Wario Ware and Mario RPG, both in November. So they have time to do this Fall Direct later, since Mario RPG and Pokemon DLC will anchor this Direct as the big unreleased holiday games outside of Wonder. The one thing mid-September has going for it is that if Nintendo has agreements to announce third-party games in conjunction with TGS, it has to be next week or early the week after, like last year's Direct.

But they could also fulfill that obligation by doing a Mini Partner Direct in September, and do a full Direct later in October. *Or not do one this fall, because the lineup quite honestly is a little light, given they've already done the big blowout for Mario Wonder, which is their big flagship game for the holidays.

You could honestly argue it either way, but unless they have some big guns coming out in this Direct beyond a new trailer for Mario RPG I don't see a big Fall Direct happening so soon.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Damn because of you I remembered that i need it too. A new Muramasa would be nice.
Don’t expect sequel because Vanillaware doesn’t do sequels but I’m hoping one day they bring Muramasa and DLC from Rebirth to modern systems.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
No Switch 2. Not after they just announced Mario Oled for this holiday.
Didn't stopped them before:

No way Switch 2 gets revealed before a holiday season that belongs to Switch 1. See you in a year.

why would you think they’d reveal it before holiday 2023 even if it is releasing before holiday 2024? Nintendo has no intention of hurting their own sales especially given they just announced new Switch bundles
Guys, c'mon. The president already admitted sales this year will just dwindle more and more. You really think he expects these bundle to do wonders(😉) or is he just moving inventory?
You know they announced Switch in Oct 2016 for a March 2017 release. Remember your history.
Exactly, I remember that Wii u has gone a entire year without game announced to it before switch reveal. Why would they announce games for one console one month before announcing another?

BlackTron

What else I'm supposed to compare? SNES bundles? Because that was the last time a 2d Mario bundle was even worth mentioning.

It's a false equivalency. Nintendo was desperate to get away from Wii U. It was a massive failure with a small user base. They were just tolerating it. That is why they accelerated the launch of Switch only the following March. And they couldn't very well launch it in 3 months, without saying it was happening. They didn't care about Wii U anymore, it was already a failed platform long ago and they were just using it to soak up a holiday where they had nothing.

On the other hand Switch is one of the most successful systems of all time with a giant base of users that can still buy games. They are not desperately looking to get away from it. They are looking to sell as many software units as possible, while making a smooth transition to the next system, without pissing off or disenfranchising its fans.

Like I said, Switch 2 comes holiday 2024, will be revealed during next year. Using Wii U as an example of why they might make a decision concerning Switch is just silly.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This late in the cycle, I’d expect more ports, remasters and GameCube conversions.

TTYD at the top of my list. And a port of Woolly World. One of the absolute best Wii U games. And the graphics are amazing

I'm surprised we haven't gotten the Woolly World port yet. The last Yoshi game was four years ago. TTYD, I doubt they're releasing two Mario RPGs so close to each other. Maybe in five years lmao.

For the love of all that is holy... Nintendo,Vanillaware listen to this man!
Muramasa is so overrated, it's just really boring and not that interesting to play through. It looks great though. I do hope it gets ported to a modern system though so people can see that and STFU.

Hardensoul

It's a false equivalency. Nintendo was desperate to get away from Wii U. It was a massive failure with a small user base. They were just tolerating it. That is why they accelerated the launch of Switch only the following March. And they couldn't very well launch it in 3 months, without saying it was happening. They didn't care about Wii U anymore, it was already a failed platform long ago and they were just using it to soak up a holiday where they had nothing.

On the other hand Switch is one of the most successful systems of all time with a giant base of users that can still buy games. They are not desperately looking to get away from it. They are looking to sell as many software units as possible, while making a smooth transition to the next system, without pissing off or disenfranchising its fans.

Like I said, Switch 2 comes holiday 2024, will be revealed during next year. Using Wii U as an example of why they might make a decision concerning Switch is just silly.
That bundle wasn’t available everywhere. Either way, they needed to get rid of extra WiiUs.

Side note, wish I had picked up an extra for the gamepad!

FeralEcho

I'm surprised we haven't gotten the Woolly World port yet. The last Yoshi game was four years ago. TTYD, I doubt they're releasing two Mario RPGs so close to each other. Maybe in five years lmao.

Muramasa is so overrated, it's just really boring and not that interesting to play through. It looks great though. I do hope it gets ported to a modern system though so people can see that and STFU.
tsddapK.jpg

UnNamed

Banned
Harada previously said that they already done market analysis and the number is not good. But recently Vector appeared on Xenoblade 3 DLC, so maybe things will change

Yeah, it has no sense to make that ending and reconnect Xenoblade with the Xenosaga without actually have a plan to bring back the Xenosaga. At that point they could close the DLC without any reference and take another path with future games, so I think if they decided in that way they have something tangible.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I wanna hear about Metroid Prime 4, but I have a feeling they may save it to Game Awards and just announce MP 2-3 ports. That's what I would do from a marketing perspective.

If they did a remaster of FZero GX like MP1, than I'll be all over that.

I wouldn't also mind something fresh. WiiU gave us Splatoon 3, Switch didn't really have any innovative fresh IPs from Nintendo, not counting Labo and Fit Adventure.

Xellos

It would be nice to get a Metroid Prime 4 teaser. It's nearing 5 years since the development reboot, surely Nintendo can show a few seconds of footage.

Other than that I'd like to see Star Fox Zero reworked for Switch, updates on Metal Slug Tactics & Mina the Hollower, and that announced Kingdom Come port by Saber.

Not expecting any major new announcements until Switch 2.

Top Bottom