• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude

If we collate all the info from all the sources we might consider good its still messy

Is Nintendo deliberately holding back and being vague?

geordiemp

Being high end has nothing to do with it. I'd be more worried about yields and that's if nintendo goes with it.

common sense man, the stuff in here was fantasy, It was always going to be rubbish.

14 nm and polaris if and when it first comes will be high end for consoles (if consoles do this) and be 500 + bucks imo if this year, maybe 400+ next year..

RAWi

We are back to zero, and know almost nothing...

At least the surprises will still be there :v (good or bad).

Ductape an amiibo over a Gamecube over a Wii over a Wii U.

sdjfh the huge ass list in the OP

These fake insiders can't control themselves.

v5vqAiZ.gif

MuchoMalo

Banned
From Emily since doesn't have an account

lol. Well, it was a long shot and didn't describe a new concept anyway.

So, does this thread get locked? Is 10k in trouble?

EDIT: Oh it was just those ones but still, this obviously cuts down on the credibility. Oh well. Like I've told you, it doesn't change much if it's Polaris or not.

I guess the safe bet is XBone<NX<<PS4

Any reason why Rodgers' word is being treated as the word of god here?
It is the word of god..

As found in the book of Lanaryu chapter 2 verses 3-5.

AND I QUOTE !!!

Here is what multiple sources close to Nintendo are telling me about 10k's hardware rumors: The gimmick is made up. GPU is wrong. Power level is wrong." "The specs on NX are good, but a lot of the information being shared in this thread is incorrect.

3: I was told that NX has good specs, 4: but the info in this thread on the GPU and power level is just not correct. 5: Sorry to burst everyone's hype.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
From Emily since doesn't have an account

Biggest cluster in all of this is arch only tells you something but not everything about power. There are a shit ton of GPUs out there that share the same arch.

Nvidia makes the 730 for HTPCs. Doesn't mean it is the same as the 790. Doesn't mean it doesn't conform to the arch either.

Nothing in 10k or Emily's posts clarify this fact either.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still think LCGeek's numbers are all we should view as valid.

georly

Still hoping the gimmick (or one of them) is 'some games bought on one system also work on the other.' And i'm not talking cross play, i'm talking minimum vs high spec, if they were both PCs - for the same game.

That's honestly good enough for me.

Other cool social/network/ecosystem hooks would be nice, too.

Basically, I want all the gimmicks to be back-end, rear-facing stuff. Not something you can describe in a picture of the console hardware.

Wellp, we'll see. Hoping we get something between 2 weeks and 2 months or so.

NateDrake

Still think LCGeek's numbers are all we should view as valid.

As far as hardware is concerned, yes.

The situation was bound to become a cluster of fuck sooner or later. The NDA has kept people silent for this long...why would substantial information suddenly leak out? No major leaks are going to happen...unless it happens just prior to E3 or the official unveiling date.

bomblord1

Banned
Is she specifically discrediting 10k's post (who never mentioned a specific GPU) or the posters in this thread who though they narrowed it down to a specific series and feature set based on the rumor?

Vena

Considering no one should have expected Polaris, the actual "dev source" may not be incorrect from 10k. A custom mesh of Polaris functionality and old GCN is well within the rumor bounds. Unless I missed a "its Polaris" leak somewhere, lol.

Some of us kept repeating what Miyamoto said in they want to make a cheaper console.

I'm excited that there's a different gimmick. How can you not love the mystery? Lol

GamerJM

Banned
Theory: Nintendo Ninjas themselves are purposefully behind these (untrue) leaks, including the controller one. They've been tasked with handing partially false info to people who then hand that false info to people on GAF/Reddit/Twitter/etc. They're doing this to distract us from any possible real leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom