• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation 4 gets graphically definitive version of Watch_Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a fair analogy to this thread , the title would be "BMW X3 is fastest car in the world" , which of course is not true so the
first post would be "ferrari cancelled ?"
The opening post perfectly explains the context of the thread title which is purely about new information concerning the PS4 and XB1 version.

If people react with 'but PC version ...' it's either because they didn't read the OP or because they get the context but are irritated and can't stand the fact that their favorite platform isn't acknowledged enough.

bj00rn_

Banned
maybe when they get teenager he will start nagging me for a gaming rig.....who knows...

It may not be that unlikely actually.. Just last week I saw a news piece about the gaming-PC market on a surprising rise. They mentioned that ironically rising tablet sales actually also drives enthusiast PC sales.

goomba

Banned
M°°nblade;83939611 said:
The opening post perfectly explains the context of the thread title which is purely about new information concerning the PS4 and XB1 version.

If people react with 'but PC version ...' it's either because they didn't read the OP or because they get the context but are irritated and can't stand the fact that their favorite platform isn't acknowledged enough.

pity the thread title doesn't reflect the op then.

geordiemp

It may not be that unlikely actually.. Just last week I saw a news piece about the gaming-PC market on a surprising rise. They mentioned that ironically rising tablet sales actually also drives enthusiast PC sales.

Maybe ....who knows

My kids and his mates and school friends are definitely casual, they don't take the online gaming seriously and just muck about. Just my opinion but I don't see that mixing well with gaming mouse more serious players.

I must apologise for my first posts, being new here it was meant as a bit of humour for the PC players, but I guess it does not show in type.
Happy to be a console noob playing with other noobs LOL

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm surprised that this comment has been pretty much buried:

Two months ago, that would've made for a 20 page thread on its own. War, war has changed.

Yep. I've been saying that for over a year. Someone should start a thread about it.

SHADES

Two months ago, that would've made for a 20 page thread on its own. War, war has changed.

I'm also surprised this comment didnt get pulled apart, 2 months ago Morin was asked about the quality of the Wii U port & iirc he said something along the lines of "Well I played it yesterday & it was just fine" (can't find the quote as on phone). So the same dev 2 months later is going to refer to the Wii U as "Meh"? Yeah seems legit, lol.

pity the thread title doesn't reflect the op then.

"PlayStation 4 gets graphically definitive console version of Watch_Dogs" would have been a better choice.
But since reading the OP is obligatory, a faulty thread title should not be used as an excuse for "but PC version ..." reactions.

EVOL 100%

fs5lvxG.gif

avaya

Bringing the PC version into discussion when it's not initially part of it is all good and dandy as long as we also bring to the table that PCs =/= High End PC's. PC version will be both worse, on par, and better than the console versions, so as long as we don't forget that the PC version isn't simply going to be better but at the same time worse and on par... it's all cool. And because the PC version can be any of those 3, it's almost pointless to bring it up in a console vs console thread.

No, your high end PC isn't "The PC".

Shhhhhhh. You're ruining it.

trinest

I thought this was always expected? With Sony most likely splashing some cash towards them most likely to get the games attention on PS4. Don't they have some kind of DLC deal with Ubisoft as well?

Xbox One version was always going to be a little worse, but I highly doubt it will be a disaster, it will be close to the PS4 version, but probably not as optimised in some areas. But really is that a big deal? As long as its not the current generation version, which the Wii U one looks like it is, then whats the big deal if it dips down a few fps sometimes?

szaromir

Banned
Yes, the one that runs on an even higher end PC.
You're doing some serious mental gymnastics here. For one, for every game there exists a point where more powerful hardware won't translate into better results anymore - for an extreme example, Deus Ex 1 will look and perform exactly the same whether you run it on a low-end laptop GPU or on Titan. Granted early on a port of a Xbone/PS4 might require an expensive PC to be fully maxed out, but then again Watch-Dogs is a PS360 game at its core so that probably won't be the case.

With all that said, I can't see why an enthusiast gamer wouldn't choose the PC version.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
The answer usually involves some form of comfy couch logic.

People should get used to these threads, going to be a lot of them.

Which is a perfectly valid drawback for some.

My PC is gaming capable, but moving it to under my TV whenever I want to play something rather than work, which is what makes up over 80% of it's use is just not practical.

Bringing the PC version into discussion when it's not initially part of it is all good and dandy as long as we also bring to the table that PCs =/= High End PC's. PC version will be both worse, on par, and better than the console versions, so as long as we don't forget that the PC version isn't simply going to be better but at the same time worse and on par... it's all cool. And because the PC version can be any of those 3, it's almost pointless to bring it up in a console vs console thread.

No, your high end PC isn't "The PC".

But the PC people need to remind everyone it's the superior platform, because reasons.

With all that said, I can't see why an enthusiast gamer wouldn't choose the PC version.

Really? Are you really not aware how few people own enthusiast level PC's? It's a very niche market compared to consoles. Not to mention so many peoples friends own consoles, etc.

SmokyDave

The answer usually involves some form of comfy couch logic.

People should get used to these threads, going to be a lot of them.
A simpler answer is 'I have finite amounts of cash and 4/5/6 different platforms to support, so the money is distributed in accordance with which platforms have the most exclusive software that I'm interested in'. That might not leave sufficient funds to update your PC to 'definitive version' territory.

It's all about the games. I had to learn this lesson when I couldn't fathom why enthusiast gamers were buying the 3DS, rather than the Vita.

prag16

Banned

Probably because it directly contradicts the comments from yesterday, coming from what appears to be a more trustworthy source.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687185&highlight=

The examiner source seems to play games with its quotes. The one about Wii U doesn't seem to come from Morin, but rather some other unnamed Ubi employee... maybe.

Intrigued, sources were contacted with connections to the project. What was discovered was not surprising, and if anything should make sense of what platform holds the most potential this upcoming generation.

When asked what the final resolutions of these titles were shooting for, the answer's was almost as indecisive as Morin's, indicating that the team may still be working on optimization:

"Sources". Might be legit, might be shit that examiner made up. What Morin ACTUALLY said was "Wii U is between current and next gen, but probably closer to current gen."

OP clearly compares between XB1 and PS4 versions. Says PS4 version is definitive.

PC elitists whine: "No this can't be. My Titans disagree with this. Next gen consoles are nothing compare to my Titans."

Console fans: "SMH stop derailing the thread."

PC fans: "Oh so its only derailing when it includes the PC. Unfair!"

Common sense poster: "No its derailing because the comparison is between consoles. Everyone knows PC has the best performance."

There was a simple solution to this: Correct the title to "PS4 gets definitive console version of Watchdogs". Since the title doesn't mention consoles, PC gamers have every right to correct it. When I saw the title I thought that the PC version would be based on the current gen version or something.

Threi

notag
This has nothing to do with PS4 elitism. Do you see PS4 fans enter Wii U threads and shit on Nintendo graphics?
Definitely. There was a whole gen's worth of it during PS360 vs Wii.

Which, amusingly enough, was when the PC was considered a comparable platform.

Funny that.

grumble

There was a simple solution to this: Correct the title to "PS4 gets definitive console version of Watchdogs". Since the title doesn't mention consoles, PC gamers have every right to correct it. When I saw the title I thought that the PC version would be based on the current gen version or something.

No they don't, as they are required to read the op. Not to mention that saying PC is better is a loaded statement. Most pcs wont be better, only the highest end ones.

Thread is embarrassing.

The definitive version for me is on the platform that I get the game for.

What the hell? You don't even know what you're talking about. Waltzing in here with your rational reasoning and completely inoffensive opinion.

Please just leave, and only post in threads with other sensible people, where your opinion actually matters.

This guy....

Riky

$MSFT
Was going for the PS4 version anyway because of the extra content Sony paid for. Even if it was slightly worse on PS4 content would swing it for me.

Respawn

Banned
I thought this was always expected? With Sony most likely splashing some cash towards them most likely to get the games attention on PS4. Don't they have some kind of DLC deal with Ubisoft as well?

Xbox One version was always going to be a little worse, but I highly doubt it will be a disaster, it will be close to the PS4 version, but probably not as optimised in some areas. But really is that a big deal? As long as its not the current generation version, which the Wii U one looks like it is, then whats the big deal if it dips down a few fps sometimes?

Money has nothing to do with the capability of said hardware. Exclusive content yes but one machine is more capable than the other. Let it go, since VG Leaks we've known this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom