• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation 4 gets graphically definitive version of Watch_Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
ayqlpc.png

It's like if Fake Kaz was actually real...

Salex_

You guys know that the focus is on next gen consoles. Of course they aren't talking about PC. I can't wait until the first DF faceoff, the reactions are going to be great.

Well PS4 should have the definitive version of all multi platform games. In theory at least.

* Easier to program for.
* Better specs.

No brainer.

NateDrake

Guys, Examiner made this shit up. The source is this article, you can see the link at the bottom. NO WHERE does it say PS4 is getting a definitive edition. It doesn't even go anywhere near into this bullshit speculation.

That is how I took at first as well, but it seems the guy contacted "sources" at Ubisoft to further elaborate on Morin's comments. I have my doubts these quotes are legit. They could be BS based on Morin's initial comments.

antonz

Guys, Examiner made this shit up. The source is this article, you can see the link at the bottom. NO WHERE does it say PS4 is getting a definitive edition. It doesn't even go anywhere near into this bullshit speculation.

Examiner should join the list of banned sites. that's some blatant made up hit generating stuff

Joemoe

Neo Member
I don't know if this is real or not but Examiner is a garbage source for news. Anyone can write for them and their articles are very often sensationalist and sometimes just filled with straight up lies. Should be banned from being cited tbh.

Maybe Examiner did make it up, but since Yoshida is tweeting about it you'd think he'd know more than we do.

BadAss2961

They claim to have contacted sources after the fact. They even acknowledge the article from earlier today.

Amir0x

Banned
They claim to have contacted sources after the fact. They even acknowledge the article from earlier today.

I see. Well, I would be very careful to believe Examiner at face value. The initial interview raises no suspicions whatsoever.

This is the initial interview:

Watch Dogs will run at 30FPS on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, creative director Jonathan Morin has told VideoGamer.com.

"Right now the frame rate we're focussing on [is] a steady 30[FPS]," said Morin speaking to us at Eurogamer Expo this afternoon. "There's always a balance, especially for open world, between the simulation and the rest.

"I think for where we are, the most important thing is the steadiness and [ensuring] that it's always capped the same so when you play it it feels right."

Both hit 30fps easy. I think Xbox One suffers a few dips from 60fps. PS4 is pretty smooth. Definitive version"

Could this mean they both could run at 60fps but since Xbone suffers drops at 60 they decided to just make both 30fps? or am i reading too much into this?

Nafai1123

Banned
They supposedly contacted "insiders" at Ubisoft who gave them those quotes but they don't state their source. It's a rumor at best.

TheD

The Detective
I love playing PC games, but the PC elitism on here is insufferable sometimes.

It is not "elitism" to point out that the statement ignores that their is a PC version which is likely capable of looking better and thus is inaccurate!

I guess you guys who said you weren't buying multiplats because of that "parity for political reasons" article from a few hours ago can rest easy based off this new article...

Highly doubt it. Bullshit rumor is bullshit.

I'd be more surprised if they can't manage at minimum 1080p /30 FPS for a cross gen game on PS4, when you have Infamous Second Son at 30 FPS + and 1080p with far superior graphics, animations and effects.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I guess you can interpret it that way, or you could also see it as 'snobbish assholes are annoying'.

Would you have preferred PS4 fans being snobbish assholes instead? Because that's exactly what would have happened (and probably still will happen, tbh) if the PC hadn't been brought up.

Does every thread need to devolve to PC gamers reminding us they spend thousands of dollars for the definitive version?

Cool; got it, dudes.

I'm not a PC gamer. Just a gamer. I still got love for my 360 (GTA V). And mourn for my dead PS3 (TLOU!!!!), but that doesn't stop me from recognizing that the PC versions are almost always (unless lazily developed) the definitive version.

antonz

Would you have preferred PS4 fans being snobbish assholes instead? Because that's exactly what would have happened (and probably still will happen, tbh) if the PC hadn't been brought up.

Shoot half this thread will be PS4 fans who don't even read the op or the fact the article contradicts statements from Ubisoft and will just come in to post gifs and act superior

ghst

thanks for the laugh
this thread is the perfect microcosm for the whole "eat it shitbox users, cerny got this on lock/pc elitists need to stop derailing threads with all their insecure posturing" paradox.

IMBored

From what I'm understanding from the article the PS4 and Xone versions hit steady 30fps easily, but at 60 fps the Xone version dips. He says the PC is 1080p and 60fps and that they're trying to reach parity with the PS4 version, implying that it can also be at 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom