• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation 4 gets graphically definitive version of Watch_Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayqlpc.png

Nice.

Also, I wonder if someone is going to downplay the difference between 720 and 1080 in this thread. Because they "sit too far away to notice the difference".

NateDrake

From what I'm understanding from the article the PS4 and Xone versions hit steady 30fps easily, but at 60 fps the Xone version dips. He says the PC is 1080p and 60fps and that they're trying to reach parity with the PS4 version, implying that it can also be at 60.

But Ubi said they are focusing on 30FPS for PS4/Xbone.

Zornack

But is their source a Technical Fellow?

I might be crazy and double dip on some of these games with PS4 and PC just so I can play them in bed on my vita. Something about that sounds fantastic to me.

jaypah

Would you have preferred PS4 fans being snobbish assholes instead? Because that's exactly what would have happened (and probably still will happen, tbh) if the PC hadn't been brought up.

That's what I don't understand. The whole upcoming Gen PS4 is going to win DF face-offs against the 180 and many Antonio Banderas .gifs will be posted. So why can't PC gamers have a part in the conversation too? It's like some are already making arbitrary rules to back PC gamers out of the discussion but this isn't 2005-GAF. There's too many PC gamers here now to shun them away to their own little corner.

Anyway, on topic: If this is true then good on them. Since I'll own a PS4 and a 180 I'd like if the stronger of the 2 had games that showed it!

IN&OUT

Banned
this thread is the perfect microcosm for the whole "eat it shitbox users, cerny got this on lock/pc users need to stop derailing threads with all their insecure posturing" paradox.

We have three groups:

PS4 Group: They want to prove that 50% difference is gonna show.

X1 Group: They believe that this 50% on paper is not enough to show differences.

PC MASTER RACE: Will derail the thread into PC regardless of everybody knowing that PC will ALWAYS be superior to consoles.

From what I'm understanding from the article the PS4 and Xone versions hit steady 30fps easily, but at 60 fps the Xone version dips. He says the PC is 1080p and 60fps and that they're trying to reach parity with the PS4 version, implying that it can also be at 60.

Exactly how I read it too. That 60fps comment couldnt have been a typo. It looks like both can reach 60fps but the Xbone has trouble keeping up.

Itd make sense to limit them both to 30 and Have one with a slightly higher Resolution. Idk about you guys but if one was running at 60 locked and another was running at 60 unlocked thatd be horrible for the platform that couldnt keep up.

Klocker

Does every thread need to devolve to PC gamers reminding us they spend thousands of dollars for the definitive version?

Cool; got it, dudes.

well to be fair it's always good fun to watch when one guy constantly tells us how much better he is than the little guys and a bigger guy comes along to remind them who eats first

But is their source a Technical Fellow?

I might be crazy and double dip on some of these games with PS4 and PC just so I can play them in bed on my vita. Something about that sounds fantastic to me.

Uh huh. Thinking the same thing once the PS4 library warrants a purchase.

I'd be so disappointed if you told me BF4 could be 1080p on PS4 but is being held back for parity reasons.

Bravo to Ubisoft for pushing individual hardware to it's full potential. Looking forward to a day one purchase on my PS4.

Freki

well to be fair it's always good fun to watch when one guy constantly tells us how much better he is than the little guys and a bigger guy comes along to remind them who eats first

still - the little guys eat last...
don't hate me :-D

The definite version is on the PCs with quad Titans with a 4k monitor. No one else gets the definitive version.

You only have dual Titans? No definite version for you!!

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
check out that definitive shadow!

I'll check it out in about 30 years when your slow-ass site serves the image...

Are you hosting it over 56k or something? :D

Loofy

In alot of cases the big guy here eats last since the PC version gets released after everyone else..

Go into a religion thread and try saying shit like this. It has no place here. If it's obvious then there is no need to say it.

What's the point in spending stupid amounts of money on making your vidyagames run a little faster if you can't rub it in other people's faces?

check out that definitive shadow!

lmao... that's the shittest quality gif I've seen on GAF. Taking forever to actually load and it's blurry as shit.

demolitio

Also, I wonder if someone is going to downplay the difference between 720 and 1080 in this thread. Because they "sit too far away to notice the difference".

That did make me laugh in the other thread. Apparently anyone with a decent TV is going to have to sit 50 feet away because clearly there's no benefit to higher resolution and blu-ray movies are a scam.

jaypah

We have three groups:

PS4 Group: They want to prove that 50% difference is gonna show.

X1 Group: They believe that this 50% on paper is not enough to show differences.

PC MASTER RACE: Will derail the thread into PC regardless of everybody knowing that PC will ALWAYS be superior to consoles.

There's a fourth group, people who own all available consoles and a PC. I understand that you've never owned an Xbox product and have said that you aren't buying a 180. That's fine. But if the PS4 has the definitive version of games by default I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't mind faceoff threads. I'm willing to bet that you'd even post in them with much jubilation :p

IN&OUT

Banned
I remember 2 months ago, X1 was labled as THE 1080p 60fps console.

Funny how things turned out.

That esram is pain to handle, texture fill rate is almost half that of PS4. it was clear as a day and yet people kept bringing PS3/360, low denominator shit and magic clouds.

50% started showing even before the systems release.

ramb0211

Banned
So assuming these contradictory rumors have merit it's what everyone thought it would be before all the 50% more power stuff. A few frames here and there and the possibility of a resolution bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom