• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next Resident Evil looks very different than this, I'm sure.

This leak is essentially real. From faint memory, this looks like captures from something a couple months ago, and the working title is correct also.

how nice of you to drop by! :p Can't wait for the newer media

hitsugi

Holy shit! Biggest surprise and best news of the year thus far... By a huge margin. This will be what I buy a ps4 for; much like Demons Souls is why I bought a ps3.

gioGAF

Souls of the lost withdrawn from its vessel. Let strength be grant so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended.

This is like everything I want out of life. I will wait to get sucked into the full-on excitement until I hear how close it is to Dark/Demon Soul's in terms of gameplay structure (i.e., aimed at hardcore players with a steep difficulty curve based around skill acquisition and player execution), but if it is... a Demon/Dark Souls with guns and next-gen engine?

This is like eighteen killer apps rolled up into one for me if it's remotely in that category.

A Souls game on an HDTV (my gaming laptop kinda sucks when plugged into a TV) in 1080p with no jaggies and (hopefully) a buttery smooth framerate. HNNGGGGGGG!

The streams will be amazing to watch.

Foffy

Banned
He was referring to TGS last year. Rumor were that this game was pulled at the last minute from TGS last year.

Weren't there rumors Sony wanted to announce this at last years E3, but it was pulled last minute? Probably to not cannibalize the sales and interest of Dark Souls II.

Strange that they don't really care about doing that now. If it's at E3 - which it probably will be - literally two months after Dark Souls II's main release? Makes it feel like the game is a placeholder...):

Next Resident Evil looks very different than this, I'm sure.

This leak is essentially real. From faint memory, this looks like captures from something a couple months ago, and the working title is correct also. Why on a Saturday I'm confused.

There we have more confirmation now.

Verendus redeemed I guess.

lantus

Damn, this looks excellent just from the screens. It must be so hard to work at Sony sometimes, they're constantly leaking things. This would have been an excellent surprise at E3.

fantomena

Look at the date. more than likely referring to tgs2013.

check the post date

That post was a year ago (and before TGS 2013) and they probably bumped it up from TGS 2013 to E3 2014.

I think it's more like he thought it would be announced at TGS last year.

That was last year. It seems like the announcement got delayed.

This was from last year, before 2013's TGS.

He was referring to TGS last year. Rumor were that this game was pulled at the last minute from TGS last year.

Look at the date of the post.

Thanks, GAF. Didn't read the date on the post.

Ferr986

screams-of-joy-o.gif

StuBurns

Banned
Son of a...

Time to start decripting every DemonNite post from the last 2 years.

I'm sure detective GAF can figure out what Bend is working on that way.. =)
There was a thread recently where someone quoted one of his posts that was completely blatant, him just openly talking about the game.

LTWood12

The fact that none of the mainstream press are picking this up and not tweeting about it makes me think they already know about it.

Shengar

check the post date

I guess it's true. I mean, Sony probably plan for a reveal in last year's TGS, but somehow they redacted it back and show something else. Probably because the game it's too early to show anything. Of course, DemonNite couldn't said anything about this but still giving the subtle hint after that.

Amir0x

Banned
Holy shit! Biggest surprise and best news of the year thus far... By a huge margin. This will be what I buy a ps4 for; much like Demons Souls is why I bought a ps3.

It's not so much a surprise for me as all the Sony leakers have been echoing this rumour for ages now (sorry Famitsu, 10% probability of being true lolol), but to actually see it... what a difference that makes in the mind's eye. That dog demon is horrifying, and the stylistic approach with the shotgun weaponry? The possibilities are now endless. Maybe we can get a game with an actual legit lighting engine this time as well, no BS.

A Souls game on an HDTV (my gaming laptop kinda sucks when plugged into a TV) in 1080p with no jaggies and (hopefully) a buttery smooth framerate. HNNGGGGGGG!

The streams will be amazing to watch.

Yessuh. this is going to be a legendary streaming game.

God I'm so happy to be a gamer right now :D

Freeman

Banned
Damn, this looks excellent just from the screens. It must be so hard to work at Sony sometimes, they're constantly leaking things. This would have been an excellent surprise at E3.
It will still be a great surprise, its not like most people will take a 4chan leak and a GAF insider as gospel. I won't be a surprise to a very small minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom