• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

Listen, I love my leaks but watching E3 and seeing Japan Studio and then From Software would have melted minds and broke GAF.

jayu26

Weren't there rumors Sony wanted to announce this at last years E3, but it was pulled last minute? Probably to not cannibalize the sales and interest of Dark Souls II.

Strange that they don't really care about doing that now. If it's at E3 - which it probably will be - literally two months after Dark Souls II's main release? Makes it feel like the game is a placeholder...):

How is going to cannibalize Dark Souls 2 sales if this game is coming out next year, or even later this year?

fantomena

Next Resident Evil looks very different than this, I'm sure.

This leak is essentially real. From faint memory, this looks like captures from something a couple months ago, and the working title is correct also. Why on a Saturday I'm confused.

THANK YOU!!!!

Cornbread78

8wdsZ

I mean, just wow... the difference... It looks so crisp.. Give it to me Sony...

Please be real.

It's 100% real.

Ah crap it leaked. How lame would have been a great reveal
Next Resident Evil looks very different than this, I'm sure.

This leak is essentially real. From faint memory, this looks like captures from something a couple months ago, and the working title is correct also. Why on a Saturday I'm confused.

And now I finally have a reason to get a PS4.

I hope this trailer is published soon with the game playable at E3, would be great if the time between the unveil and the release is similar to Demon's.

Kyoufu

Listen, I love my leaks but watching E3 and seeing Japan Studio and then From Software would have melted minds and broke GAF.

GAF will break from E3 hype anyway. The hype train shows no mercy. :3

I agree that it would've been a bigger E3 moment, but oh well. I'm just happy it's coming.

Foffy

Banned
How is going to cannibalize Dark Souls 2 sales if this game is coming out next year, or even later this year?

Well, the idea of hype, I guess? Why get the last gen game when you know a next gen title is coming? You know, like how people lamented at the fact Dark Souls II didn't even have a current gen version and thought it would suffer. Maybe oversaturation?

But that would perhaps apply to the mainstream, and these types of games From has had a pedigree in making for nearly 20 years have often been out of the mainstream. Just an idea. :p

StuBurns

Banned
Wait, what?
How have I missed this!? Can you point me in the right direction to find this, please?
I wish I could, I was just googling it but can't find it, it was in response to someone saying he was teasing people, and he said something like "I'm not teasing, I'm saying Miyazaki is making a spiritual successor to a Souls game exclusive for PS4".

hitsugi

It's not so much a surprise for me as all the Sony leakers have been echoing this rumour for ages now (sorry Famitsu, 10% probability of being true lolol), but to actually see it... what a difference that makes in the mind's eye. That dog demon is horrifying, and the stylistic approach with the shotgun weaponry? The possibilities are now endless. Maybe we can get a game with an actual legit lighting engine this time as well, no BS.

Yessuh. this is going to be a legendary streaming game.

God I'm so happy to be a gamer right now :D

I had doubts when I read "gun" but then seeing it.. Man. Now the painful wait for more begins.

zeopower6

There was a thread recently where someone quoted one of his posts that was completely blatant, him just openly talking about the game.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755180

If by souls you mean another PS4 exclusive Souls spinoff then maybe ? ;)

That? D:

Also these:
Whatever Miyazaki is doing, I'm sure all Souls fans will enjoy it. Me included ;D

"Originally Posted by Shengar

I buy PS4 right away for a new Miyazaki's title"

Start saving up your money

LuuKyK

Someone also asked for the FFVII Remake post Verendus made but I can't find it now, this thread is too fast...

Anyway, here is where he teased (pretty much confirmed it): here, here and here.

komplanen

OK I sold my launch day PS4 to pay some bills but now it seems I will have to whore my body to get a PS4 this summer. This game will literally destroy me.

the sad part is is that we don't even know if Sony will bring it over. If it weren't for Atlus we would've never got DeS1. We'll probably have to buy japanese PS4s and learn all about sticky white stuff in a language we dont understand.

Hexa

Considering this is Miyazaki and next gen, the trailer would probably look muuuuuuuuch better than Dark Souls II. Add in the fact that DSII got a down grade, and that might have been enough to cause some to subconsciously compare DS II to this and not like it as much and decide to wait for this. It would probably been a very small amount, but considering Sony absolutely did not need any more hype, why lose even them, and furthermore, why not save the megaton for when you need it.

Cess007

Oh man! I've yet to finish DeS (First couple of times i played it, the game didn't "clicked" with me. The 3rd time was the charm) and yet buy DS1&2, but yes!! Gimme more!!

Man

the sad part is is that we don't even know if they'll bring it over.
Um yes we do. Sony have been on their knees begging forgiveness and calling it their biggest mistake for the last few years not to have published Demon's Souls worldwide. This is their redemption.

And this is absolutely 100% legit at this point.

the sad part is is that we don't even know if they'll bring it over. If it weren't for Atlus we would've never got DeS1. We'll probably have to buy japanese PS4s and learn all about sticky white stuff in a language we dont understand.

Sony won't do the same mistake again. They learned that people in the west are hot for more Souls games.

the sad part is is that we don't even know if they'll bring it over. If it weren't for Atlus we would've never got DeS1. We'll probably have to buy japanese PS4s and learn all about sticky white stuff in a language we dont understand.

Considering how much more each new game in the series sold on day one than the last... it's 100% certain this won't be a Japan exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom