• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PS Plus games for June: Killing Floor 2 + Life is Strange

xealo

Imo the first killing floor is much better, but that's not a bad selection of games. Aside from a shaky episode 5 life is strange is amazing.

Sillverrr

Life is Strange was really good. Better than Telltale's recent efforts. More effort put into it at least.

Killing Floor 2: not interested. I don't play online shooters.

I still play for PS Plus, but rarely find I'm interested in the free games. I'd prefer some older classic titles if I'm honest, rather than indies or fairly niche online affairs.

Cartho

Killing Floor 2 would make this one of the best PS+ months in ages - finally something which isn't a totally obscure indie game which hardly anyone has heard of.

CEJames

Played the PS3 version of Life is Strange so getting the PS4 version for free is nice. More trophies ;-)

But I'll definitely look forward to Killing Floor 2.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Imo the first killing floor is much better, but that's not a bad selection of games. Aside from a shaky episode 5 life is strange is amazing.

I'd be very interested to see your reasons for this simply as I'm of the other opinion that Killing Floor 2 is far better, especially with its levelling and I love its gore system etc. Killing Floor 1 does have a real grungy low budget vibe to it though which I always quite liked (because, well, it was actually low budget)

Donos

If it's true than Germany will probably get another game, no? KF2 is USK18.

shit, probably. We didn't even get Sleeping Dogs for PS3 (instead Binary Domain which was also good). I also doubt they have a castrated version of KF2, like Bulletstorm, which they can upload instead.

Shaka brah.

no_mosh_pit_for_u_shaka_brah_by_dioti-d9k5m4c.png

LostEcho

Neo Member
Yes?

KF2 may be a segment of KF1, but the presentation is a thousand times better (loading screens, menus, hud, everything); and when I played it the community was more patient probably due to the fact that many there were new at the franchise.

Should probably reread your post. It's a typo but you said Killer Instinct 1 and 2. Not Killing Floor 1 and 2....

Kssio_Aug

Should probably reread your post. It's a typo but you said Killer Instinct 1 and 2. Not Killing Floor 1 and 2....

emb.gif

LMAO!!! I re-read it and didn't spot the mistake!! I re-read it like, 2 or 3 times! That's why I didn't understand the response. Never mind! My mistake indeed!

It's an amazing game. The best telltale game out there. It's charming as fuck, greatly written and will fuck your feels up. It's very engaging.

Until Dawn, Oxenfree and Firewatch are all in an entirely different league than Life is Strange. For one, the first two actually have teenagers that don't talk like French adult robots think they do.

orfax

Nice, I'd take Life is Strange. I know its been out for ages, but I read something about it a couple of weeks ago and it piqued my interest.

Life is Strange was really good. Better than Telltale's recent efforts. More effort put into it at least.

Killing Floor 2: not interested. I don't play online shooters.

I still play for PS Plus, but rarely find I'm interested in the free games. I'd prefer some older classic titles if I'm honest, rather than indies or fairly niche online affairs.
It's a coop game dude

shmoglish

If it's true than Germany will probably get another game, no? KF2 is USK18.
And? We had 4-5 Usk18 games in the last 6 month.

Edit: Ok,not in the last 6 month, but last year we had a few with the God of war games and Resident Evil. May be that we dont get Kf2, but I think the Usk rating is not the problem.

Yeah, was about to post the same video. It funny that it was posted since the 26 lol

Me too. So it means this is confirmed? What are the other games then?

Btw. Life Is Strange: Episode 1 screen doesn't fill the whole TV screen and there is no ingame option to stretch it out. How to correct this problem?

Vashetti

Banned
Me too. So it means this is confirmed? What are the other games then?

Btw. Life Is Strange: Episode 1 screen doesn't fill the whole TV screen and there is no ingame option to stretch it out. How to correct this problem?

Make sure your display area is set correctly:

(Settings) > [Sound and Screen] > [Display Area Settings].

Make sure your display area is set correctly:

(Settings) > [Sound and Screen] > [Display Area Settings].

My screen is set up correctly works fine in all games but I have this issue in few indie and small games like Thumper, Hatsune Miku and now Life Is Strange. When I strecth the screen using the PS4 settings, it makes the whole PS4 UI clumsy only displaying few icons and the other fine game not fine anymore.
If only the game had screen option in the settings.

Vashetti

Banned
My screen is set up correctly works fine in all games but I have this issue in few indie and small games like Thumper, Hatsune Miku and now Life Is Strange. When I strecth the screen using the PS4 settings, it makes the whole PS4 UI clumsy only displaying few icons and the other fine game not fine anymore.
If only the game had screen option in the settings.

Sounds like overscan isn't set correctly on your TV.

So hype if true. Tales from the Borderlands was an awesome choice last month, and I will snap these two titles up asap for sure.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I loved Life is Strange... but I've already played it. Killing Floor 2 seems to be very multiplayer-focused, so that's a big no for me.

Hopefully the Vita can make it up for me with its ga... OK, yeah. Nothing for me this month.

If Life is Strange works like how Tales From The Borderlands did this month, download the free first episode of Life is Strange NOW (or at least before the PS+ refresh). If it does work the same way, you will own Life is Strange outright (no longer tied to PS+) for free, as you will be simply be getting the season pass DLC via the refresh, which is not tied to PS+.

Also, there is a free director's commentary download on PSN (as well as a free static theme and a free ShareFactory theme).

If Life is Strange will work like how Tales From The Borderlands did this month, download the free first episode of Life is Strange NOW (or at least before the PS+ refresh). If it does work the same way, you will own Life is Strange outright (no longer tied to PS+) for free, as you will be simply be getting the season pass DLC via the refresh, which is not tied to PS+.

Also, there is a free director's commentary download on PSN (as well as a free static theme and a free ShareFactory theme).

Doesn't hurt trying. Let's see

Darknight

It certainly worked for Tales From The Borderlands, which was a pleasant surprise. Other free first episodes (at least ones I got when they were free) are Game of Thrones, Minecraft: Story Mode, Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Really? Thats cool. Too bad I bought Life is Strange when it was like 5 bucks.

Harmen

Until Dawn, Oxenfree and Firewatch are all in an entirely different league than Life is Strange. For one, the first two actually have teenagers that don't talk like French adult robots think they do.

Agreed. At the time I played Life is Strange, I lived in a studentflat which also had a lot of beginning students between 17-21 years old, and LiS can be ridiculous in terms of dialogue. It's near-adults acting like they are in early high school, and even then it feels off to me (Max is 18 by the end of the game, as are a lot of the people around her).

For all the shit Quantic Dream gets for, say, the dodgy party bullying scene in Beyond Two Souls, LiS constantly pulls shit like that throughout all it's episodes.

Still, I can't help but love the game because it has some really powerful plot premises and I did enjoy the mild puzzles and overarching plot with a great sense of mystery. And the game is really strong with building up nostalgia. And, despite my issues with the writing, I actually like most characters.

Top Bottom