• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Blueblur1

I'd love an enhanced Sonic Adventure port but I doubt Sega's putting much effort into this re-release. I'm not asking for much: bug fixes and the return of the original SA's various themes. In a perfect world, we'd be able to trade Chao online through a system that's leagues beyond the original SA website but that will never happen. And an extensive Chao Black Market and mini-games would be nice. I was never a fan of SA's Chao Races though. SA2's set up was so much better than I never wanted to raise Chao in SA ever again.

HUELEN10

a Master Ninja said:
How about we get an "Ultimate Dreamcast Collection" on a disc instead?
That would suck horribly, because they would probably cheapen it out and fuck it up, just like they did with the Backbone Genesis collection...

I mean, I'd like it to happen, but I am sort of afraid for it to happen. You see how I feel?

MrDaravon

Sega1991 said:
I honestly felt that they didn't really give the game the chance it deserved. Their Quicklook was a bit too "Yep, of course it's crap!"

Yes, the game has aged terribly, but I dunno... it's not as bad as they make it sound.

I watched my wife play this for the first time about 2 months ago.

This game is total shit now. You would have to have on like 4 pairs of nostalgia glasses for this game to be even remotely enjoyable for anyone now. However I am all for this possibly leading to other (good) DC games on XBLA.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Simply: no. Lost source code means only full Sega Saturn emulation of an iso is required, and that takes a lot of raw hardware power up to be anywhere near worth it.

how do you lose source code? Thats gotta be harder than losing the master copies to songs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sega1991 said:
I honestly felt that they didn't really give the game the chance it deserved. Their Quicklook was a bit too "Yep, of course it's crap!"

Yes, the game has aged terribly, but I dunno... it's not as bad as they make it sound.
Sonic Adventure is basically the worst game I ever ended up liking for some reason.

JRW

I played through the original Sonic Adventure on DC back in the day and cant say i'd want to play through it again today.. At all.

I'd love to see Crazy Taxi and Powerstone 1 on XBLA tho!

Ravidrath

Don't care about this game in particular, but, man... I really hope we see more Dreamcast games come to XBLA/PSN.

I'd happy put down $15-20 for Trophy/Achievement enabled Skies of Arcadia and Jet Set Radio. Chu Chu Rocket and some others would easily warrant a lower price point.

Darkpen said:
aww, I thought the thread title said Sonic Adventure Rush D:
man that would be so confusing

you've got sonic adventure, sonic rush, sonic rush adventure, sonic world adventure... how about Sonic Adventure World? Sonic World Rush?

Sydle

Funny, I was just thinking that I want to play through Skies of Arcadia again (third play through) and was wondering when DC games would come to XBL/PSN.

I'll definitely buy Sonic Adventure again for Windy Valley. One of my favorite levels in any game ever.

Borman

BlueScrote said:
how do you lose source code? Thats gotta be harder than losing the master copies to songs.
SEGA (and a lot of companies) have destroyed lots of things in the past. And some continue to destroy stuff. No different then whole seasons of TV shows disappearing because the tapes were written over (Doctor Who). Space is sometimes more valuable, at the time, then something they have little use for.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
a Master Ninja said:
How about we get an "Ultimate Dreamcast Collection" on a disc instead?

I would love this. I don't want to start a debate on what should or shouldn't be included, but there are many dreamcast games that I would love to replay without having to ebay an old system. I guess they'd make a lot more from offering them one by one over xbla/psn, though, so it's unlikely, but I would be day one with that shit.

bh7812

Banned
BlueScrote said:

Pretty unreal they lost the source code, I know. I'm wondering how on Earth Sega managed that one. I could see maybe losing source code to an extremely old game but not that game. If they want to port it over to XBLA and PSN, they'd either have to find the source code..again blows the mind or use an iso image. But in either case they still need to emulate it to run on 360 and PS3. Perhaps they could use an iso image and write a special emulator that would ensure the game runs 100 percent. Who knows, hopefully it will show up someday. I'd like to see a lot of the Saturn RPGs put up for download eventually but I agree it's probably not happening till next generation.

Borman

Why would they need a CD image? Just use the containing files. Anyway, its pretty clear that the source to this game hasnt been lost. Like I said, plenty of companies lose source code, hell some even falls into the 'wrong' hands and ends up on the internet. Companies just don't keep track of things all that well in the real world.

Swag

Wow I've been out of the console arcade loop for so long, since when have Dreamcast games been available?

Day 1 purchase, Orca chase is too awesome.

V_Arnold

Sonic Adventure 2 please. Please. PLEASE.

I'd pay anything up to 2100 points for that. It has the content. It has the soul. :(

wRATH2x

Banned
Ten-Song said:
Know what Sega should port to XBLA/PSN before this game?

1sl7is.jpg

With an added bonus to choose between the original soundtrack, and the American soundtrack, because I like both equally.
Yeah, why isn't it on PSN or XBL?

RobbieNick

V_Arnold said:
Sonic Adventure 2 please. Please. PLEASE.

I'd pay anything up to 2100 points for that. It has the content. It has the soul. :(

It has incredibly boring Emerald shard hunts, mediocre Mech Shooting and slightly poor controls on Sonic/Shadow levels. SA1 was way better IMO.

It's only saving grace was "Battle"'s multiplayer.

Yama

But my Dreamcast(s) are hooked up right next to it, in VGA... why would I?

Somehow I know they'll be on the HDD anyway though... *sighs*

OMG Aero

HUELEN10 said:
Which one? I am a big fan of the E-102 Gamma one. :D
Hell yeah. I still believe that Gamma is the best of Sonic's friends after the Mega Drive series because they knew when to stop with it instead of OH LOOK HE'S BACK TO LIFE.

HUELEN10

OMG Aero said:
Hell yeah. I still believe that Gamma is the best of Sonic's friends after the Mega Drive series because they knew when to stop with it instead of OH LOOK HE'S BACK TO LIFE.
Um...

Gamma (I am not talking about Chaos Gamma from Sonic Battle) was a she. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh wow, touche.

I completely forgot about that. I want to replay it now.

Top Bottom