• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Sega1991 said:
640x480 with a border? :lol

This is a Backbone port, right? It has to be. Even on my PC, a PC that can at times struggle to run TF2 on "Low" settings, can run Sonic Adventure DX at this resolution, locked at 60fps:

Holy shit, Sega. This is a new level of lazy.

:(

MNC

I don't see why a superior PC port has to have magic trickery to make it run well - it was a glitchy port, but performance wise it ran perfect

Aspiring

So is there zero chance of this coming to PSN? I would love to have this as would my young brother, without letting him borrow my DC! It is his fav Sonic game.

HUELEN10

hskumh.jpg

WHY SEGA WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

They couldn't be lazier if they tried! WTF. :lol

OMG Aero

So is this port done by Backbone then? The background looks like the XBLA Mega Drive games.
Diablohead said:
Did the pc (or cube) version fix the glitch with beating sonic's game without the charge bracelet, beat everyone else
to unlock super sonic
and then playing the extra stage grab the bracelet to make the game save?

I want to do that on this version for the lulz.
Huh?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This game and Marvel vs. Capcom sold me on a Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure much more so, because beside the fact that I was a huge Sonic fan, watching a 3D game looking so damn gorgeous with no pixels next to the ass-looking PS1 and Saturn pixelation made me want it so bad...

Dunno if I'd buy it right away, but I would definitely give it a try, since it's such a monumental game for me...

Loam

What? How the hell are you guys getting your SADX PC to look that good? Mine looks like a strait up DC port.

brain_stew said:
Wait, how are you getting widescreen in those shots? Is there some hack/mod that I'm unaware of?

Yeah, it's a hack. Google "SADXTweaker". It has a resolution editor and I just specified 1280x720.

Wren said:
What? How the hell are you guys getting your SADX PC to look that good? Mine looks like a strait up DC port.

Supersampling through nHancer.

Sega1991 said:
Yeah, it's a hack. Google "SADXTweaker". It has a resolution editor and I just specified 1280x720.

Awesome, thanks.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Alpha_eX said:
From what i've just heard, the game is even WORSE than DX, much buggier and it looks worse than the GC version, where they've tried and failed to improve the textures.

Afterburner Climax looks and plays a lot better according to this person ;)

Don't be messing with me man - Afterburner Climax on XBLA is what I've been wanting for the last 5 years now...

I just want to see what else shows up on XBLA from the Dreamcast, I've bought most of them so far, and still have quite a bit that I've love to see enhanced to 720p that I'd buy in a heartbeat...

Combichristoffersen said:
Is there anything like nHancer for ATI cards? nHancer only supports Nvidia cards IIRC?

No but forcing some form of AA through your drivers should work, oh and use that tool that SEGA1991 just linked to play it at your native resolution. If you've got a 5xxx series card you should be able to force supersampling as well.

Blueblur1 said:
Wow, it looks terrible and they're selling the Mission and Trial modes as "DLC".

FUCK OFF, SEGA.

What?!

1. Its an Emulated game; it will never look good especially considering its early 3D.
2. The extend pack is the Directors cut content. I.e Not needed.

OMG Aero said:
So is this port done by Backbone then? The background looks like the XBLA Mega Drive games.

Huh?
In the dc original if you skip grabbing sonic's optional charge bracelet (the blue one which allows you to charge light speed dash in half the time) it will still be there in the supersonic quest, when you grab any item upgrade in the game it always saves, and you are not suppose to save in the supersonic story.

Loading the game from this save gives an unused story recap panel and loads you up in a bottomless abyss, messing up the save :p

Rlan

I haven't played it or anything, but this could still be a VERY early quick-port.

I remember playing a super early version of the Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure port to XBLA from WiiWare and it was fuuucked. No menu system, the graphics were all off or showing the wrong tiles, it was broke.

I mean the game here only has the original 4 choices for the menu system - it doesn't have Achievements, Leaderboards, nothing. The fact that only Adventure is selectable and the others aren't looks like it's just the trial.

OMG Aero

Rlan said:
I mean the game here only has the original 4 choices for the menu system - it doesn't have Achievements, Leaderboards, nothing. The fact that only Adventure is selectable and the others aren't looks like it's just the trial.
It could be just like the Mega Drive XBLA games where you have a main menu with the achievements and other options then you pick start game and it puts you into a rom of the game.

Blueblur1

Oh, and no offense to the nice SoA PR and community folks. I'm sure if there is a plan in place to monetize basic Sonic Adventure features, it's out of their hands and they're not to blame.

V_Ben

Banned
[Nintex] said:
SEGA, they can't even port their old shit. :lol

for fucks sake. if THIS is the way they're going to kick off relaunching sonic this year, what chance has needlemouse got? :lol

[Nintex]

V_Ben said:
for fucks sake. if THIS is the way they're going to kick off relaunching sonic this year, what chance has needlemouse got? :lol
Well if they burn down the Sonic Team building and move the development of the game to Platinum Games or Nagoshi they might be able to salvage something.

Lets be honest, this isnt something to get worked up about really. If you want to play Sonic Adventure and haven't done so already, theres something wrong on your end.

Of course this doesn't help Sega monetise a shitty port, but oh well. Its not a massive traversty, but maybe Huelen won't be so quick to splash out on that $100 Classic Collection Tin now :lol

HUELEN10

SecretBonusPoint said:
Maybe Huelen won't be so quick to splash out on that $100 Classic Collection Tin now :lol
I said I'd do it, and it would be a bargain, only if done right. If it's anything like this, they are doing it wrong!

But yeah, they should be ashamed of themselves.

nexen

Drkirby said:
I say there is a 4th, a small group of people who disliked the 2D games, but enjoyed the two Adventure games.

heh. I'm actually in that group. Although "ambivalent towards" fits better than "disliked" in my case.
Sonic Adventure was, hands-down, my favorite Sonic.

nexen said:
heh. I'm actually in that group. Although "ambivalent towards" fits better than "disliked" in my case.
Sonic Adventure was, hands-down, my favorite Sonic.

I take it you haven't played it within the last 5 years then?

Ten-Song

It would have been so friggin' easy to dump SOME quality into this port to maybe... MAYBE get everyone's hopes up about the Sonic series. But no... no that just wouldn't be Sega's style.

Alpha_eX

Someone at Sega reads GAF, other games up on PN and Debug PSN have been taken down. :lol

After all this, I feel like playing Sonic Adventure, time to dig out the DC.

Top Bottom