• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Splinter Cell Trilogy for the PS3

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Linkzg said:
the scroll wheel adjusts your movement speed in the PC splinter cell games
I loved that. It was a pretty awesome way of overcoming the lack of real analog control on the PC. (Yes you can use controllers but for shooting, nothing will ever beat a mouse, ever)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
CVG confirmed it: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=281097

In a sneaky confirmation that gave us the slip late last week, Ubisoft announced Splinter Cell Trilogy HD as one of the publisher's titles for next year.

Edit, better site: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/4861/splinter-cell-trilogy-hd-confirmed-for-ps3

Ubisoft has revealled details on next year's releases, with the Splinter Cell Trilogy HD collection on PS3 confirmed for 2011.

Following the recent release of the Prince Of Persia trilogy, Ubisoft has confirmed that the Splinter Cell Trilogy is happening, but no mention of an Xbox 360 release, despite the origins of the series.

It seems likely the trilogy will contain the original Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. We've contacted Ubisoft regarding the trilogy and will update here with more information when we get it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's Ubi. Of course it will be the PS2 versions. They would have to change the button pictures otherwise.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Suzzopher said:
Please, don't let this be HD versions of the PS2 games.

Every HD Collection we get is going to be HD versions of the PS2. They're not going to go back and change all the button prompts and references to the PS2 version in the code.

Gacha-pin said:
PC versions were technically in "HD" from the beginning.

I wish we could ban this meme or something from the HD collection threads. EVERY SINGLE THREAD with a game series that had a PC version we see this "but the PC version was already HD!!" crap.

KingGondo

Banned
I hope Ubi knows that if they botch this, they'll be losing real sales to people like myself who would be willing to pick up a truly outstanding port, but who are discerning about where their gaming $$$ goes.

Porting the PS2 versions simply isn't good enough, even though I love the first and third games.

expy

Banned
KingGondo said:
I hope Ubi knows that if they botch this, they'll be losing real sales to people like myself who would be willing to pick up a truly outstanding port, but who are discerning about where their gaming $$$ goes.

Porting the PS2 versions simply isn't good enough, even though I love the first and third games.
They will be PS2 ports.

ZeroRay

It would be stupid to port the PS2 versions since the PC versions will not only be easier to port, but be the real versions of those games that the PS2 lost out on last gen.

Barakov

Shame it'll probably be the PS2 versions.

Then again, after hearing how PoP trilogy actually looked worse than the PS2 versions of the games it's probably better to bypass this release entirely.

sajj316

Cruzader said:
:lol

Love the way you put it. Please answer thus man!!!!!
I wish I knew. I'm going to find out though

I will say this. After looking into the PS2 versions, I'll pass if so. What a giant turd of a port(s)!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Surely this means Conviction must be coming at some point also.

Year later port seems fairly normal for these kind of things.

onken

Note to Ubisoft: Make sure it runs properly in 2D before messing around with that 3D shit that less than 1% of gamers use.

rvy

Banned
What do we do if these are the PS2 versions? :lol
PoP Trilogy was upscaled from the PS2 games, right?

Radogol

hikarutilmitt said:
I wish we could ban this meme or something from the HD collection threads. EVERY SINGLE THREAD with a game series that had a PC version we see this "but the PC version was already HD!!" crap.

Yes! Please! Please do that!

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Goddamn it. What's it with junior members always bumping threads? I thought pics or new info was revealed.

If PoP is anything to go by (and i'm not sure why it wouldn't be) then just go look at the PS2 version and imagine what it'd look like in HD. That should be what this version looks like. As of now Sony's the only one that's shown any real interest and really boosting the quality of the HD Collection's. Hopefully CD will jump on board and treat the TR Collection with the same care that Sony does.

seady

I am very curious if the multiplayer will be in the Trilogy.

If I remember correctly, all their previous 'collection' are single-player games (Prince of Persia, God of War, Sly Cooper etc…), so there is no precedent for this type of translation yet...

Ellis Kim

Banned
In a perfect world, the HD version of each game would be an ultimate version taking elements from all of the various ports and implementing them into a definitive version, i.e. additional levels from PS2, Xbox/PC graphics, GCN/GBA connectivity using PSP instead.

DMeisterJ said:
Every HD Collection we get is going to be HD versions of the PS2. They're not going to go back and change all the button prompts and references to the PS2 version in the code.
That makes no sense. They'd have to change the HUD to HD-resolution anyway, which means re-creating it

segarr

Chuck Norris said:
That makes no sense. They'd have to change the HUD to HD-resolution anyway, which means re-creating it
Damn right it makes no sense. If this is based on the PS2 versions, it's useless.

Ellis Kim said:
In a perfect world, the HD version of each game would be an ultimate version taking elements from all of the various ports and implementing them into a definitive version, i.e. additional levels from PS2, Xbox/PC graphics, GCN/GBA connectivity using PSP instead.

That would actually cost money

Top Bottom