• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Switch images leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jariw

They only thing? What about the Japanese version of the game calling him Bowser Jr instead of Koopa Jr?

It's a new release of the game. They can have decided to change the naming conventions for whatever reasons, for example to unify a region-free release of the game.

I've seen some people suggesting that the character models would change between Docked and Portable mode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that require the game to unload the HD models and reload the SD models? If so, that would spit in the face of the Switch's instant conversion shtick.

At first I thought this but it actually makes more sense to load the 3DS models when doing multiplayer splitscreen smash run, which would be a lot more demanding, and then Wii U models when one-screen is used, like in regular multiplayer.

Parshias7

Leaked list of newcomers:

-Solid Snake
-Naked Snake
-Old Snake
-Venom Snake
-Rope Snake
-Snake Pass Snake
-Snakes and Ladders

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Much like with my 3DS, Smash Bros. is the game that will probably make me finally break and get a Switch. I usually don't buy a console for just one game, however, so I'm waiting for a few more. But I love me some Smash Bros. It'd be awesome if it released sooner rather than later. I'm thinking of buying a Switch later this summer.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I've seen some people suggesting that the character models would change between Docked and Portable mode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that require the game to unload the HD models and reload the SD models? If so, that would spit in the face of the Switch's instant conversion shtick.

I forget which game it was, one of these SSB games maybe even the 3DS one, but the level of detail on the character models would upgrade when you paused the game, to make for better photos. So it's not unreasonable to expect easy-ish model swapping.

It also wouldn't make any sense when the Switch undocked is already more powerful than the Wii U and gains even more extra power headroom when you consider it will render at 720p, not 1080p.

TZchassis

Went into Smash run and made some comparison images. Looks like some improvements were made to the stage all around. Some parts have better foilage and the theres some poles on the end of the stages in the first comparison pic

nz03sae.png

inhrqFz.png

more foilage, leafs added on the rocks
9qITXHw.png
Ok I'm teamreal now. Curious how sakurai feels about the leaks.

Went into Smash run and made some comparison images. Looks like some improvements were made to the stage all around. Some parts have better foilage and the theres some poles on the end of the stages in the first comparison pic

nz03sae.png

inhrqFz.png

9qITXHw.png

This is making me want to believe so bad

smash run on smash switch pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

I forget which game it was, one of these SSB games maybe even the 3DS one, but the level of detail on the character models would upgrade when you paused the game, to make for better photos. So it's not unreasonable to expect easy-ish model swapping.

That was, indeed, Smash 3DS.

wanders

At first I thought this but it actually makes more sense to load the 3DS models when doing multiplayer splitscreen smash run, which would be a lot more demanding, and then Wii U models when one-screen is used, like in regular multiplayer.

I'm back on team real

nz03sae.png

inhrqFz.png

9qITXHw.png

Honestly, looking at it, it just looks more like concept art rather than actual in-game graphics.

Vibed

I wouldn't say it's certainly fake, it's just after Rayman I dunno what to believe anymore.

There's always a chance!

Vashzaron

Did you know in the 3DS game the 3DS models turn to higher quality when you pause the game?

4qzyroL.gif

MK8D is a worldwide build, but they still called him Koopa Jr. in japanese screenshots. Why change the language for that.

They're saying the magazine might have gotten the images from a western build, which makes sense if these are coming ahead of E3, a western conference. I don't think him being called Bowser Jr. disqualifies this as much as the character models do.

But it uses the Japanese player designation.

Oh, is that what 1P vs P1 is? There's always a remote chance that the first screenshot was taken from an English build but the Smash Run screenshots were taken from the Japanese build. But I would agree that seems quite remote, like 0.5% chance.

Cranzor

What would be the purpose of taking screenshots during the exact same frame from the perspective of two different players? That just seems strange. I can't think of any benefit to doing that or why they'd want to show that. Plus it's more work than simply taking screenshots during different parts.

Really curious about the 3ds models aswell. It's not like Smash WiiU is THAT demanding on the WiiU, let alone the Switch, so that definitely makes it a bit odd.

It's a new release of the game. They can have decided to change the naming conventions for whatever reasons, for example to unify a region-free release of the game.

Bowser doesn't mean anything in japanese, that name is not used in the games. Bowser is "Kuppa" and the Koopa-troopa are "Nokonoko".

And it can't be screenshots from an english version because the english version uses "P1" instead of "1P" like in the screenshots.

"Leak" screenshots:
XmeZQt9.png
2mZGgHl.png

Original game: (Left=Japanese, Right=English)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom