• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Switch images leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say fake. Paper Mario stage looks like an elaborate photoshop but everything else looks like upscaled 3DS, the character models seem so off. The shadows look too sharp. Also that break the targets font looks wrong

Mariolee

More and more from your guys' analysis I'm thinking fake. The way the fonts and gradients don't line up with the OG versions, the occlusion on the models indicating uprezzed Smash 3DS models, and the inconsistencies between the Ness and Link portions of the same screenshot highly indicate this is fake. But a darn good one.

What would be the purpose of taking screenshots during the exact same frame from the perspective of two different players? That just seems strange. I can't think of any benefit to doing that or why they'd want to show that. Plus it's more work than simply taking screenshots during different parts.

It's a 4-player split screen mode, so the screenshot shows all 4 players.

Bryan1321

Banned
Leaked list of newcomers:

-Solid Snake
-Naked Snake
-Old Snake
-Venom Snake
-Rope Snake
-Snake Pass Snake
-Snakes and Ladders

YESSSSSS #TEAMREAL

I think the time is right to announce a new smash brothers, even if its an enhanced port.

Less development time also makes it viable

Did you know in the 3DS game the 3DS models turn to higher quality when you pause the game?

I forget which game it was, one of these SSB games maybe even the 3DS one, but the level of detail on the character models would upgrade when you paused the game, to make for better photos. So it's not unreasonable to expect easy-ish model swapping.

I had forgotten about this, I must admit. But, surely if they really were using the 3DS and WiiU models separately, it would require a much lengthier load time in general, right? After all, those are completely separate models.

Also, I looked at the Smash Run comparison above, and it confirmed my suspicion regarding the Crystal Smash screen: the 3DS version has almost no visible dithering, while the leaked screen practically resembles a chessboard behind Luigi. That strikes me as the sort of detail that Mr. Sakurai would take issue with.

atr0cious

Bowser doesn't mean anything in japanese, that name is not used in the games. Bowser is "Kuppa" and the Koopa-troopa are "Nokonoko".

And it can't be screenshots from an english version because the english version uses "P1" instead of "1P" like in the screenshots.
This is probably the best argument against it, besides the idea that Nintendo is too lazy to swap character models.

Cepheus

I genuinely can't tell. I'm going to wait for more leaks to come out. Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the prospect of playing Smash Bros with the joycons/pro controller? At the same time, I would find it hilarious if they didn't release a Switch GameCube controller adapter just for the MLG pro strats meltdowns.

Kraq

Looks real to me. Believed the last Smash leak and I believe this one.

And if these are fake, well, a Smash 4 port is probably coming anyway.

Went into Smash run and made some comparison images. Looks like some improvements were made to the stage all around. Some parts have better foilage and the theres some poles on the end of the stages in the first comparison pic

nz03sae.png

inhrqFz.png

more foilage, leafs added on the rocks
9qITXHw.png

See, its things like these that are keeping me on #TeamReal

I took the 1/2 L on Palutena

I'll happily take the L on this one if it ends up coming out anyway

poussi

A re-release of Smash 4 is probably bound to happen, but I do not believe these are actual screenshots of it. There's something about the lighting on the characters that looks a bit off. The fonts on the player numbers are a bit weird too, players P2-P4 look like they have the number in italic whereas P1 does not. Though I can't really see why somebody would make a mistake like that in a fake either.

I just had a horrible thought... What if this is for a new 2/3DS exclusive port of Smash bros 3DS?

There was a rumor somewhere claiming that Smash 4 deluxe would also have a New 3DS version alongside the release of the Switch game

I pray that was a hot load of horse shit

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Went into Smash run and made some comparison images. Looks like some improvements were made to the stage all around. Some parts have better foilage and the theres some poles on the end of the stages in the first comparison pic

nz03sae.png

inhrqFz.png

more foilage, leafs added on the rocks
9qITXHw.png
Hmm, That's rather nice.
Whatever ends up happening with Smash Bros Switch, I need my Inklings

Smash Bros 3DS already uses the extra power of the new models. And this shit is all HD Upscaled.

With 4p split screen?

That would be impossible?

Are any of those images actually HD? Nintendo has done bullshots before. Good point about split screen though.

And for the record I was about 1% serious.

That would be strange since everything in these shots are already on the 3DS version, except a 2DS/3DS couldnt run this.

I meant a "new" 3DS/2DS exclusive version, that can't run on an OG 3DS.

Are any of those images actually HD? Nintendo has done bullshots before. Good point about split screen though.

And for the record I was about 1% serious.

Even the 3DS Screenshots they show on the smash website make it obvious they were from the 3DS. You're not gonna fool anyone with bullshots for a fuckin' 3DS game.

So where are we Gaf? I've seen convincing arguments about naming conventions and evidence that there are new assets at play? That I haven't seen anyone mention where the 4Chan leaker got the images from makes me doubtful.

If nothing else, I fully believe the game is real and will merge the 3DS/Wii-U version. I'm just not sold on these screens being real.

Berordn

There was a rumor somewhere claiming that Smash 4 deluxe would also have a New 3DS version alongside the release of the Switch game

I pray that was a hot load of horse shit

That would be especially strange since the 3DS version is already n3DS enhanced.

I can't see them bothering with a release, or abandoning half the 3DS market if they did for some reason.

I'm on team #Believe
But not sure if it's real or fake

Regardless, Smash on switch would sell me the console. Smash 4 on 3ds and Wiiu were some of my most played games.

So where are we Gaf? I've seen convincing arguments about naming conventions and evidence that there are new assets at play? That I haven't seen anyone mention where the 4Chan leaker got the images from makes me doubtful.

If nothing else, I fully believe the game is real and will merge the 3DS/Wii-U version. I'm just not sold on these screens being real.

Anyone can make a fake.

However, I believe that this is gonna happen.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Link and Mario are pretty much copy pasted with the same pose in two different pictures each. Mario carrying the same item too.
This has to be fake.

Even the 3DS Screenshots they show on the smash website make it obvious they were from the 3DS. You're not gonna fool anyone with bullshots for a fuckin' 3DS game.

"new" 3DS haha

And again, 1% serious. They're launching the "new" 2DS this summer so I was toying with the idea that they'd want something to go along with it.

Also these screenshots are very low resolution (sub HD for sure), though obviously way higher than 240p.

The leaker claims they're from a Japanese magazine being distributed in July. I think the naming conventions, the models and the discrepancies between the first 3 screenshots and the target mode screenshot make this look quite fake.

I would bet on the game being real though, and I actually think it'll be considered a new version rather than a deluxe version or port, but I think there's a solid chance we see it at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom