• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Team ICO Collection (ICO and SotC HD ports) Coming March/April 2011

YagizY

Danielsan said:
Sorry for your loss.

I will be keeping my original cardboard box Pal releases until the end of time. Best games ever. Also for you mock/up artists complaining about the SotC logo clashing with the rest. Please take note that the PAL version does not have this logo on the cover at all.

I have the shitty US covers and Shadow of the Colossus is a greatest hits box without a manual........I am not sorry. Would rather play these games in HD considering the fact that I don't own an SDTV anymore and my PS3 is not BC. I would have to lug out the PS2 and I'm sure these games probably look like ass on an HDTV, even through component.

Danielsan

I really hope that Sony understand, given the nature of the two games, that the boxart should be an original piece and should pretty much be devote of logos and other crap. Hopefully the PAL version will at least get the treatment the games originally received.

YagizY said:
I have the shitty US covers and Shadow of the Colossus is a greatest hits box without a manual........I am not sorry. Would rather play these games in HD considering the fact that I don't own an SDTV anymore and my PS3 is not BC. I would have to lug out the PS2 and I'm sure these games probably look like ass on an HDTV, even through component.
Well the US editions are another matter. :lol

alex1893

nice. :)

Never had a PS2 and already thought about buying one for these games... so this collection comes in handy.

I know they won't do it, but a combination of the names like "Shadow of the ICOlossus" would be cool in some way. :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Don't care about the box art. I'll just put the disc in the Euro special edition of Ico. Or special edition of SotC...

ZOMG, teh conundrum...

sholmes

Neo Member
alr1ghtstart said:
click for big

will eat my hat if Sony ever puts out a cover like this

Easily my favorite so far, but more for a SOTC replacement (without the Ico and Yorda silhouettes, obviously), not the Ico/SOTC remake. Really nailed the feeling the game conveys.

If this is your original work, do you wanna take a run at doing just an Ico replacement?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Looks like this is definitely happening. I mean honestly with all the hot rumors going right now, Sony would just outright squash it if it really wasnt something on the way. That would be too cruel, especially when you got sites now like Giant Bomb saying it looks like its happening.

sholmes

Neo Member
DieH@rd said:
Here is my sugesstion, i just slapped the SOTC logo and header on old SOTC fantart. No time to add "ICO" and Collection :D

2ecna7t.jpg
I like this picture a lot but it's probably a little too intimate and direct for the cover - at least for my tastes.

I agree the SOTC title needs to be deleted.

I'd like to see a similar picture done more in the style that alr1ghtstart posted with his idea. Less detail, more like a fuzzy memory than a photograph.

Magnus

I love these games to pieces, but sometimes I wonder how in the world these games sold so well, well enough to even get the HD rerelease treatment. They're so fucking niche (or should be, by all rights)....I mean, I'm happy, I just am amazed. I barely know anyone outside the gaf hivemind who's played them, let alone knows they exist.

rhino4evr

Magnus said:
I love these games to pieces, but sometimes I wonder how in the world these games sold so well, well enough to even get the HD rerelease treatment. They're so fucking niche (or should be, by all rights)....I mean, I'm happy, I just am amazed. I barely know anyone outside the gaf hivemind who's played them, let alone knows they exist.
Ico did not do that well when it was released, but by the time SOTC came out it was a cult classic. High reviews plus a really low price point at launch helped bring in new gamers.

The word of mouth for gamers that actually took the time to play it was huge. I think it's the best game on the PS2 without a doubt.

Even as the PS3 has taken place of the PS2, people still talk about these games nonstop. The "cult" grows more and more every year.

It's like the Evil Dead of videogames.

jett

D-Member
Magnus said:

ICO sold around 500k worldwide. SotC has sold around a million in America, 200-300k in Japan, probably around 2 million worldwide.

And yay finally these bitches are confirmed on Famitsu.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Just so people can find the listing:

ワンダと巨像 = Wanda and Colossus = Shadow of the Colossus

and er...

ICO = ICO

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Sweet. Will buy even though I have both. Maybe they could add some of the scrapped collosi as a bonus. :eek:

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Im guessing this box art is fake...but it looks crappy enough to be real. At least the right ICO cover art is used.

cW8my.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
YESSS!!!

Watch them use the american boxart on the new cover again in some fashion... :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wario64 said:
Im guessing this box art is fake...but it looks crappy enough to be real. At least the right ICO cover art is used.

http://imgur.com/cW8my.jpg[/I][/QUOTE]

well it's Pal and that art was also on the PAL PS2 version , so there is still chance that they use the infamous shitty CG one for the US version of the Collection.

Salaadin

I cant believe its actually coming out. It was on the top of everyones lists after the GoW collection announcement and they actually listened just like that.

jett

D-Member
Totobeni said:
well it's Pal and that art was also on the PAL PS2 version , so there is still chance that they use the infamous shitty CG one for the US version of the Collection.

vsSTB.jpg

Confirmed? :p

StuBurns

Banned
Salaadin said:
I cant believe its actually coming out. It was on the top of everyones lists after the GoW collection announcement and they actually listened just like that.
Considering they decided to do the GoW based on user requests, and that was a new thing, to do it again for another requested one doesn't seem like a big leap.

Salaadin

StuBurns said:
Considering they decided to do the GoW based on user requests, and that was a new thing, to do it again for another requested one doesn't seem like a big leap.
Was there really a push for remastered GoW? I didnt really follow that and remember that news catching me off guard when they announced it.

StuBurns

Banned
Salaadin said:
Was there really a push for remastered GoW? I didnt really follow that and remember that news catching me off guard when they announced it.
What I remember happening was, a PR/marketing group put together a questionnaire for Sony about what bonus items people would like with the special edition of GoW3, and one thing that was listed was GoW1&2 on a single disc. So people pestered Sony wanting to know if this means literally emulations or ports, and that ports would be great because it'd fix the framerate and screentear, and because enough people wanted it, and the project was cheap, they decided to do it. I believe it even was included on the special edition in Europe, but everywhere else it shipped months before.

After it made them plenty of cash and was well received, a lot of press asked them if we'd get more, asked Ueda himself if he'd like to see his games make the move to PS3 etc.

The Sly Collection surprises me though, I know the third one was designed with 3D in mind, so I guess with their 3D push they wanted that, but I guess it is probably testing the water before committing to a new installment or something.

Top Bottom