• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Team ICO Collection (ICO and SotC HD ports) Coming March/April 2011

Benedict

Guevara said:
Thoughts:

1. Shouldn't say PlayStation Network, unless there's a secret :eek:
2. Should say "Ico and Shadow of the Colossus" on the bottom (see GOW Collection)

1: My GOW collection has the Playstation Network logo at the same spot.

2: My GOW Collection has no text on the bottom.

I have the Nordic release of GOW Collection.

Sweden is part of the Nordic countries.
Webhallen is located in Sweden.

Follow this link and click the image for a better picture

VegaShinra

Too many retailers have had this game show up lately. I think we can assume it's coming and that box is likely the real thing.

Erasus

ScOULaris said:
Essentially, I am trying to say that 30 FPS retains a certain filmic quality that our brains are used to because we have been watching movies at 24 FPS for so long.

Watch a Blu-Ray or DVD and then pause it.

What do you see when stuff moves? Motion Blur.

Lots and lots of motion blur is needed in movies (and games) to make the image more smooth to fool you into thinking its running at a higher framerate.

I would excpect no less than 60fps for this. I am fine with 30fps, even for PC games but there is no reason these games should run at any less.

Kuraudo

Banned
My experience with these games is that I played Ico once for about ten minutes. Always wanted to give them both a proper playthrough, but was never in a position to do so. So glad this is (probably) coming.

Couldn't care less about it not having a shitty framerate or awesome cover :lol

Empty

if the boxart looks that horrible, which it probably will, hopefully someone will whip up a sweet custom cover that i can print off.

Guevara said:
I stand corrected, was looking the US GOW collection (does GOW collection actually do anything with PSN?)

Early copies came with a code for the GoW 3 demo, other than that I don't think so.

Empty said:
if the boxart looks that horrible, which it probably will, hopefully someone will whip up a sweet custom cover that i can print off.
Are there any good custom covers for the GoW collection (and for GoW3, for that matter)?

ArjanN

I thought Wander wasn't his name at all, the wander in 'Wander and the Colossus' was just supposed to be the word wander:

wan·der (wndr)
v. wan·dered, wan·der·ing, wan·ders
v.intr.
1. To move about without a definite destination or purpose.
2. To go by an indirect route or at no set pace; amble: wander toward town.
3. To proceed in an irregular course; meander.
4. To go astray: wander from the path of righteousness.
5. To lose clarity or coherence of thought or expression.
v.tr.
To wander across or through: wander the forests and fields.
n.
The act or an instance of wandering; a stroll.

Empty

the other piece of evidence in support of that boxart being legitimate is that the PEGI rating is spot on. my copy of sotc is rated 12+ by that board, which of course trumps ico's 7+ rating to go on the front of the box. if it's a fake, the attention to detail is very good.

Salaadin

ArjanN said:
I thought Wander wasn't his name at all, the wander in 'Wander and the Colossus' was just supposed to be the word wander:

wan·der (wndr)
v. wan·dered, wan·der·ing, wan·ders
v.intr.
1. To move about without a definite destination or purpose.
2. To go by an indirect route or at no set pace; amble: wander toward town.
3. To proceed in an irregular course; meander.
4. To go astray: wander from the path of righteousness.
5. To lose clarity or coherence of thought or expression.
v.tr.
To wander across or through: wander the forests and fields.
n.
The act or an instance of wandering; a stroll.

Hes credited at the end of the game as "Wander". Ive seen some people suggest that its a mistranslation of "Wanderer" and that he really doesnt have a name. We all just call him "Wander" anyways because it sounds better than "guy who kills shit"

Reknoc

Gravijah said:
We went through this. It's Wanka.

Well his chick is dead or something (I can only play like the first 5mins before my copy freezes so I don't know), so it's either that or 2 rather nasty taboos.

Empty

Guevara said:
I checked thecoverproject.net and....nothing good.

i imagine that there are probably more team ico fans out there that care about nice looking game boxes than god of war fans that do, so hopefully there will be a better chance of us getting a nice fan cover with this one than with the gow collection.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
it's kind of tough incorporating two games into one cover, but here's a quick workup.

click for large

Empty

the worn out design of the shadow of the colossus logo kinda ruins it, alrightstart.

Momo said:
I always said Wanda

heh. if i did that i'd get this song stuck in my head everytime i talked about him.

i just go with wander, though the wanderer mistranslation theory makes sense.

Guevara

I can't think of too many collections that have good artwork. I think the Metroid Prime Collection is the best of the recent collections, it would be better minus the orange stripe.

Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg

Super Mario All-Stars was nice, but it still suffers from the too many stickers and badges symptom:

900b228348a015c56c231110.L.jpg

Empty

Machado said:
the last guardian is not comming out in 2011, is it?

crap if we have to wait until the end of the world to play it.

yeah. 2011.

the god of war collection came out in november 2009, and god of war 3 in march 2010 (they both came out on the 16/17th in their month btw). that's a five month gap exactly. assuming they'll use a similar strategy again to build hype, if this comes out in march/april that puts this in august/september territory. a whole year away :(

Reknoc

Empty said:
yeah. 2011.

the god of war collection came out in november 2009, and god of war 3 in march 2010 (they both came out on the 16/17th in their month btw). that's a five month gap exactly. assuming they'll use a similar strategy again to build hype, if this comes out in march/april that puts this in august/september territory. a whole year away :(

Except in Europe if they decide to handle it the same way.

agaru

badcrumble said:
Erm, don't think that's an official account.
That guy probably just saw it on this thread and tweeted it. :lol

Surely Ugly. Lots of cluttered text. I won't be surprised if it's final, though. It's SCEE. I'd be happy with simply the logo of each game on a plain dark background. Also, lol @ Batman AA cover up there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
you just know the US box will look like that Euro one, but with the ugly boy and a stick cover.

StuBurns

Banned
Issun23 said:
I agree, I'd like something similar to this which incorporates elements from both games:

http://i52.tinypic.com/sc49pz.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Are you the guy who put the statue of liberty on the cover of the Planet of the Apes remake?

Issun23 said:
I agree, I'd like something similar to this which incorporates elements from both games:

Exactly my thoughts, except it should be a giant ICO colossus and Wanderer running around, holding hands with Agro

I need to learn photoshop one day because I think i'd be really good at it, but why not have the two castles from ICO and Shadow of the Colossus on either side of the box, with the bridge connecting both games together. Then their respective names on either side of the box.

Someone want to whip that up for me? heh.

I'm an idea man, i suck ass at execution. wish i knew of a high paying job that needed those skills...

Top Bottom